Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nass
    replied
    Ya seen your build log on youtube, very nice work Jp, she should be proud for sure, liked the aging you did on it also, came out nice.

Leave a comment:

• JPModified
    replied
    Hehehehe.

Leave a comment:

• EZ's PC's
    replied
    Originally posted by snef View Post
    yes and I love it, I used it for Dark Aura and Clear sky: city of angel and more I work with it more complicated thing I do

for melting issue, I had the same, be sure you keep paper on both side of the panel, of if like me you have plexi with plastic film, put green tape where you cut, now I have a very clean cut

I have some 3/4" thick acrylic here and tried a lot of time to cut it and always melt, after EZ told me this trick, I make cut who look like laser cut
    ya I didnt give you the tough love like jp told me.....use WD40 and got my moto-saw all slimey hahaha. If you need to make cuts on acrylic without film, say like a piece of scrap acrylic. Use painters tape over your where you intend to cut and a lot cleaner than sprayin wd40 all over the place. Curse you JP hahaha

Leave a comment:

• snef
    replied
    yes and I love it, I used it for Dark Aura and Clear sky: city of angel and more I work with it more complicated thing I do

for melting issue, I had the same, be sure you keep paper on both side of the panel, of if like me you have plexi with plastic film, put green tape where you cut, now I have a very clean cut

I have some 3/4" thick acrylic here and tried a lot of time to cut it and always melt, after EZ told me this trick, I make cut who look like laser cut

Leave a comment:

• EZ's PC's
    replied
    Originally posted by 10e View Post
    Nice work JP.

I've been watching your videos, and you've given me some ideas for acrylic shrouds, in particular for my S340 white edition.

How do you find the Dremel Moto Saw for cutting acrylic? It looks great in your videos, but I'm not sure how much "post cutting" work you have to do when you are done cutting with it. It looks like it's pretty straight and true when you're cutting.

And last question, what kind of blades do you use on it? It looks like they're not skip tooth blades. I have a scroll saw and even at the lowest speed I find it melts the acrylic after using it for a bit when un-lubricated, but I don't want to "lube it" too much hahahaha.

Great build! I have looked into the stainless steel pipes locally and this might be an option for me as I have a decent copper/stainless steel tube bender.
    The moto saw is awesome bro!! I picked one up from watching his vids also. I swear Dremel owe him rayalties from all the people that bought a dremel moto saw from his vids. I know 5-6 modders that have one just from his vids. I picked up mine at home depot on sale for like $90. really is a handy tool for working with acrylic man. My parvum build all the logos were cut using the moto saw. I can highly recommend it. Think Snef got one also now.

Leave a comment:

• 10e
    replied
    Nice work JP.

I've been watching your videos, and you've given me some ideas for acrylic shrouds, in particular for my S340 white edition.

How do you find the Dremel Moto Saw for cutting acrylic? It looks great in your videos, but I'm not sure how much "post cutting" work you have to do when you are done cutting with it. It looks like it's pretty straight and true when you're cutting.

And last question, what kind of blades do you use on it? It looks like they're not skip tooth blades. I have a scroll saw and even at the lowest speed I find it melts the acrylic after using it for a bit when un-lubricated, but I don't want to "lube it" too much hahahaha.

Great build! I have looked into the stainless steel pipes locally and this might be an option for me as I have a decent copper/stainless steel tube bender.

Leave a comment:

• zurbz
    replied
    Very nice build. I love that new thermaltake tower.

Leave a comment:

• Bartacus
    replied
    Yeah say what you want about Thermaltake, but that one looks pretty original. Not to mention heavy! That sucker must weigh a ton when stuffed with rads.

Leave a comment:

• DazMode
    replied
    Every build is great pleasure to see. Thank you for sharing here it means a lot.

Tower 900 looks really interesting!

Leave a comment:

• Bartacus
    replied
    Now that I've finally seen the pics, AWESOME job yet again Jesse!! Grandma would be proud of this one.

Leave a comment:

• trestles126
    replied
    Is there any any concern with corrosion or oxidization when using stainless Steel? Always liked the brushed matte finish over shiny nickel and was looking to perhaps using that instead of acrylic on my new s8 build. Also, which may be a game changer do they even offer stainless in 12mm od

Leave a comment:

• EZ's PC's
    replied
    Awesome man really turned out great. did awesome on bending that stainless tubing. and Grandma Modified of course.

Leave a comment:

• Bartacus
    replied
    Originally posted by JPModified View Post
    NSFW? hehe
    Unfortunately I work for cops, and they block almost everything with web washing filters. I must wait to get home before seeing this beauty. You said stainless steel. Did you mean a stainless steel coating on copper tube, or stainless steel tube?

Leave a comment:

• Hooded
    replied
    Nice build. Weathering effect looks cool.

Leave a comment:

• JPModified
    replied
    Originally posted by Necrodead View Post
    Its over 9000!!!! Tower 9000. 900. whatever.

Looking great! Nickel plated copper tube?

Also you have filed the case nicely, I like the res placement.
    Stainless steel. actually, there is still plenty of room... but seeing as it was going to travel from Philippines to US, (hopefully vice versa) i wanted to minimize collateral damage. lol

Leave a comment:

Working...
X