Boon V2. :Thermaltake Core G3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boon V2. :Thermaltake Core G3

I'm rebuilding my HTPC with liquid cooling sponsored by Thermaltake! I wouldn't be able to do this without Thermaltake or the community so I'd like to thank everyone here for their support!

My current HTPC is named 'Network's Boon' hence the name for this project, Boon V2. I have some overkill parts to throw at it, however only cpu cooling for this build as its very compact and only has a single 240mm rad. Not a problem for movies and music and the occasional game. The current version is a dual core athalon that is very, very slow. Thew new Boon will have a 2500k, 8+gb of ram, RX 480 and a 600w gold sfx psu.

My Imgur

Awesome man. Not very many G3 mods. Cant wait to see what you do with this case. It def has a unique form factor. And the new fans look sick cant believe you got em before me
    Sponsors: Thermaltake, TTesports, Apacer

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009118150299

https://twitter.com/EZgunna82

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYK...nTKQoIX-sPI1UA

http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/

http://community.thermaltake.com//

Comment

Psu looks so tiny!
      Sentinel Build: Build Log,
      Venom Build: Build Log,
      Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
      Orange Build: Final Video
      HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Haha, thanks EZ. Fans look superb, however it looks to me like the blades are a little small compared to other fans due to the large frame, so I hope the performance is good. Blade design looks like GT so I expect good things.

And yeah Daz, i should have used a quarter for size reference, lol. D5 in behind psu is about the same size!
        My Imgur

Comment

Looks interesting.

If a mod could be done to add a second, even 120mm radiator this could be even MOAR tasty.

I'll keep an eye on this one!
          DS340-E: Core I7 3770K Undervolted at 4.3Ghz, Asrock Z77 Extreme-3, 16GB of Adata XPG V2 gold RAM at 2200mhz, XFX R9 290 with EK water block and (I love) gold backplate, EK tubing, Bitspower and Darkside fittigs, Darkside RGB lighting with handy remote control, WD Black Dual (120GB SSD+1TB mechanical) hard disk, Swiftech PWM fan controller, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Comment

Can't wait to see what you do with this set-up. The fans that Thermaltake provided you look awesome. Been trying to get my hands on the P100 myself, but the people at Memory Express out here say they haven't got a reply back from their vendor.

Comment

Thanks guys.

I was thinking about another 120mm rad, 10e. There are some more spots for a 120mm fan so I should be able to squeeze something in there.

You mean the W100 Machiningguy? The p100 is just the pedestal and the W100 is the case. Cool one for sure, I was thinking about it for a future build.
              My Imgur

Comment

Getting some painting done in my closet.
                My Imgur

Comment

Originally posted by Necrodead View Post
                  Thanks guys.

I was thinking about another 120mm rad, 10e. There are some more spots for a 120mm fan so I should be able to squeeze something in there.

You mean the W100 Machiningguy? The p100 is just the pedestal and the W100 is the case. Cool one for sure, I was thinking about it for a future build.
                  No buddy. The P100 is the one I'm talking about. I've already got the W100. I had to get it shipped from CC. I've been waiting a month through Memory express for a reply from their vendor.

Comment

ohh case painting,

cant wait to see what magic you will do

Comment

Just a small update; my first few attempts at 'stickerbombing.' did the ram and the case feet so far.

Thanks Snef, final coast is drying, pictures soon.
                      My Imgur

Comment

Cool abstract !
                        3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Congrats on the sponsorship Necro, case modding look cool so far am in for the build.
                          Blackout
                          Something-New
                          Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Nice weed nipples!

Comment

Thanks guys.

Haha Bart, yeah I wasn't 100% sure on using that sticker but decided in the end we're all adults here.

Case painted, currently buffing and waxing, not going to sand this one perfectly smooth as it doesn't have any large areas aside from the back panel. Came out pretty well anyways;

My Imgur

Comment

Working...
                              X