Ryzen Shine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryzen Shine

Just testing, but will get this water cooled soon.

I'll wait till Daz is a bit less busy before ordering some goodies for this.

So far here's what I gots:

1) Ryzen 1700 - OC'd to 3.7-3.8 on all cores
    2) Asus Prime X370 Pro
    3) G.Skill Trident Z DDR4 3000 32GB (2x16) kit - so far at 2666mhz
    4) EVGA Superclocked ACX 3.0 GTX 1080 - still working on OC
    5) NZXT modded S340 white
    6) Samsung 840 EVO 512GB boot drive
    7) Seagate 4TB drive (under PSU shroud)

Water cooling:

1) EK Supremacy with AM4 bracket - Probably white (have to order)
    2) EK FC 1080 nickel plexi (will try and use stock EVGA backplate), have to order block from Daz!
    3) DDC 3.1 pump with Bitspower black chrome housing
    4) Bitspower 150mm reservoir with clear Z-CAP III with triple openings and Bitspower compact white stop fittings
    5) All Bitspower or Darkside white 12mm hard tube fittings
    6) Bitspower white 12mm hard tube (bought from Daz) or possible chromed tubes with angled fittings (still thinking on this one)
    7) Either 360mm white front radiator or 280mm radiator and 240mm top radiator

So far working on my test bench (haha the Asus Prime mobo box)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1k39...ew?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HE9...ew?usp=sharing

Very impressed with the stock cooler that came with the Ryzen 1700. With the chip at 3.8 Ghz at on all cores with 1.35 volts, it reached maximum 70 celsius and mostly was in the high 60s without the fan at 100%. So far the card is in the 2000mhz range with fans only at 45% and 56 celsius on the GPU. RAM was able to go to 2666mhz with the DOCP.

Fancy RGB lighting on the cooler that can be controller by Asus Aura junk ware
    DS340-E: Core I7 3770K Undervolted at 4.3Ghz, Asrock Z77 Extreme-3, 16GB of Adata XPG V2 gold RAM at 2200mhz, XFX R9 290 with EK water block and (I love) gold backplate, EK tubing, Bitspower and Darkside fittigs, Darkside RGB lighting with handy remote control, WD Black Dual (120GB SSD+1TB mechanical) hard disk, Swiftech PWM fan controller, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Wow nice rig. So you can vouch for that Wraith cooler eh? I was thinking of plopping a FX-8370 with the Wraith cooler in my old Mobo for the old lady for quietness. This H100i is pretty loud and the dropping the Prices across the board for the older CPU's

Comment

Love the name 10e!! Great stuff! If I have any money left over after the lawyers rape me on my new house purchase, I'm getting a Ryzen rig too, sans GPU since I don't want to support Nvidia ever again. Trying to hold out for Vega, since the 1080Ti is overpriced hand-me-down-old-tech JUNK. Albeit very fast junk.

Comment

Looking forward to this.
        Sentinel Build: Build Log,
        Venom Build: Build Log,
        Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
        Orange Build: Final Video
        HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Looking good! I have not got my mobo yet, (same one) looks awesome with the wraith cooler! I also bought some gskill trident to go with it, but I got the white inserts.
          My Imgur

Comment

mobo box the test bench of champions
            Sponsors: Thermaltake, TTesports, Apacer

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009118150299

https://twitter.com/EZgunna82

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYK...nTKQoIX-sPI1UA

http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/

http://community.thermaltake.com//

Comment

Originally posted by EZ's PC's View Post
              mobo box the test bench of champions
              And those who have been bitten by having forgot to remove a stand off from a previous motherboard install...
              Corsair 800D
              2xD5S > FX-8370 > CH4-EX > 6990 > 6990 > 2x1080 rads > return
              Software Developer

Comment

Originally posted by Izerous View Post
                And those who have been bitten by having forgot to remove a stand off from a previous motherboard install...
                you have had a bad experience I gather.....lol
                Sponsors: Thermaltake, TTesports, Apacer

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009118150299

https://twitter.com/EZgunna82

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYK...nTKQoIX-sPI1UA

http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/

http://community.thermaltake.com//

Comment

I plan to use angled fittings in chrome or black chrome with chrome pipes from Daz. I might try my hand at bending them (I have some shorter samples) but I still have a fair number of black chrome Bitspower fittings in my box, just have to get some dual/triple rotary ones for some of the loop.

I also think a clear nickel backplate on the video card will look good. I love the chrome/white combination because it can be lit in various ways giving interesting reflections, whether RGB or not, thus the "Shine" in Ryzen Shine. I will only use Dazmode protector in the liquid.

I'm also thinking that I will strip the steel plates on the rads and shine them up and clear coat them so they are mirror-like. In addition the shroud on the S340 will probably get a similar treatment. I have some sanding and cleaning up to do on it anyway, and I want to mod it a bit more. I also have mirror-acrylic that might come in useful.

I might go with EK SE or PE radiators. I don't think this rig will over power a 240mm and 360mm radiator combination, even with the relatively lower performance of these slim rads. The steel plates on these rads are regular steel/chrome coloured under the paint.

Hah! Mobo box but no conductive static bag underneath. And I've put fewer than needed stand-offs, but never too many. That's usually not a good thing, Izerous/EZ!

Originally posted by MemBusX View Post
                  Wow nice rig. So you can vouch for that Wraith cooler eh? I was thinking of plopping a FX-8370 with the Wraith cooler in my old Mobo for the old lady for quietness. This H100i is pretty loud and the dropping the Prices across the board for the older CPU's
                  Yes this is the Wraith "spire" cooler and so far I'm super impressed. I got the chip's voltage down to 1.29 volts for 3.8 Ghz, which is only about .075-.1 volts more than stock and it's lowered core temps by 2-3 celsius on a whole. I think the 1800X comes with a larger version of this cooler, but the FX chips with the Wraith cooler get the upgraded version which has heat pipes and more heat dissipation, and apparently is also quite silent.
                  DS340-E: Core I7 3770K Undervolted at 4.3Ghz, Asrock Z77 Extreme-3, 16GB of Adata XPG V2 gold RAM at 2200mhz, XFX R9 290 with EK water block and (I love) gold backplate, EK tubing, Bitspower and Darkside fittigs, Darkside RGB lighting with handy remote control, WD Black Dual (120GB SSD+1TB mechanical) hard disk, Swiftech PWM fan controller, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Comment

Look like a great build. subs

Comment

Originally posted by EZ's PC's View Post
                      you have had a bad experience I gather.....lol
                      Put everything together and it was an endless boot loop, I had even spent a couple hours trying to make the wiring nice to pull it all out again. Tested it on the box and it was fine, put it back in and endless boot loop again. Pulled it out and realized that there was a pre-installed standoff that I missed (black standoff on black paint) and the excitement of building my first computer. Since then I had always done a boot test outside when possible just to validate everything works.
                      Corsair 800D
                      2xD5S > FX-8370 > CH4-EX > 6990 > 6990 > 2x1080 rads > return
                      Software Developer

Comment

lol Iz

Nice build 10e, looking forward to the progress reports.
                        Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
                        OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
                        Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Exciting project 10e

brilliant name for a cool amd rig

for stock cooler thats damn spiffy

Comment

So now that I'm at the "case mod and spec out WC stage" I decided to try and find how much max power this set up pulls from the wall. I usually multiply this by .9 to figure out true TDP taking PSU efficiency into account.

The Ryzen R7 1700 is at 3.725 mhz, RAM at 2933mhz at 1.355 volts and 16-16-16-38-1T timings, and the EVGA 1080 slightly over clocked with a +50 offset. Everything's on air with Wraith Spire cooler on the chip and EVGA's stock ACX 3.0 cooler on the GPU and all at stock speeds, so I did the following:

Loaded up Prime95 and set it to use 10 worker threads. Allocated them to CPU cores 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 and loaded up Unigine Valley and put that on the remaining cores. GPU was loaded around 75-80% and running in the high 1900 to low 2000 mhz range with no RAM OC.

Put on GPU-Z and CPU-Z and loaded up Ryzen master to monitor CPU temps which topped out in the high 60s, and the GPU in the low 60s. All very quiet (surprisingly).

My CPU in the BIOS is set to 37.25 multiplier, with an offset at 0.375 volts usually hitting around 1.24-1.26 volts (I'm not even sure I need this offset). LLC set to auto. I tried it at level 5 on CPU Vcore and SOC, but I put it back to auto for now, and I had the RAM at 3200mhz at 18-19-19-19-40 but it wasn't completely stable. 2933 is enough for me.

So the result was pretty impressive. Full bore power output never exceeded 350 watts from the wall. My PSU is the Silverstone SFX 600 and other than a weird short squeal when the fan turns out, it quite silent.

In fact most of the time it was in the 315-340 watt range. This is a worst case scenario as if I'm gaming I don't see anything this high, and when I only run Prime95 on the CPU I don't see anything exceeding 230 watts from the wall. Presumably the card is using 20 watts at idle (estimated because of a slight voltage offset up), so this is pretty kick @$$.

This allows a 280+120mm rad setup to easily cool this to a Delta-T of 10 celsius or less, or a 360+120 to even a lower Delta-T (depending on the radiators involved).

So if you are running a similar setup you can expect not to see much higher amounts, and if running a 1080Ti you'd probably see another 60-80 watts power usage (250W TDP versus 180W)

I am gonna try it at stock (BORING) tonight and see what the difference is, but this is pretty impressive for an 8-core CPU plus high-end GPU.

I am changing the case to either a Rosewill Cullinan or S340 Elite (white) as the problem with the regular acrylic version of the S340 doesn't let you see the PSU shroud very well. I ended up getting "bendable" stainless steel 1/2" OD pipe for this project of Ebay, so it will likely end up being the slightly larger Cullinan due to less flexibility with doing bends versus fittings.

Expect something different and possibly unique on the PSU shroud

Of course I'm itching to get this done, so there might be some "in between" stages where I have the PSU shroud off the case and do my mods on it.

Comment

Nice info there 10e, I find things like that interesting as well. I'm glad your getting good temps, my EK block is not tight enough and I am waiting on new parts from EK to fix so I haven't been able to test out power draw and things like that. Crazy efficient CPU! And with a 1080 its such a low power draw computer with huge specs! My 1700x hits around 1.41v even on stock settings, but I was able to set it to 3.8ghz without any tuning.

Also you seem to have hit the same limits as my ram on the same mobo. I can get 2933 with 14-14-14-34 at 1.4v but I could not get a stable 3200 post even with 25 timings. Crashed whenever I tried to do something intensive.

Can't wait to see your build, cullinan looks really cool, even tho rosewill, lol.
                              My Imgur

Comment

Working...
                              X