Ryzen personal build update;

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryzen personal build update;

Just got my ryzen system working, so I thought I'd post my progress. Right now the plan is to get it in the case and use it on air until I can get the time to drain my current PC so I can take the gpu's out and then I will do more of a real build after I finish the G3.

Got it all up and running! So far I have only installed windows 10 but I've been too busy to do more.

The asus x370 prime has some led's under the corner of the mobo where the sound is. they seem to be set to 'rainbow' as default and I think you need Aura to change them. Hard to picture in low light area.
    My Imgur

nice looking compact cooler.
    Sentinel Build: Build Log,
    Venom Build: Build Log,
    Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
    Orange Build: Final Video
    HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Hey Necro. Yup you have to download Aura to adjust LED level, colour, cycling etc...

Good luck!
      DS340-E: Core I7 3770K Undervolted at 4.3Ghz, Asrock Z77 Extreme-3, 16GB of Adata XPG V2 gold RAM at 2200mhz, XFX R9 290 with EK water block and (I love) gold backplate, EK tubing, Bitspower and Darkside fittigs, Darkside RGB lighting with handy remote control, WD Black Dual (120GB SSD+1TB mechanical) hard disk, Swiftech PWM fan controller, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Comment

1700 in there Necro?

Think am going to get this one also, disabling 2 core's on 1600x doesn't appeal to me now that I think about it.
        Last edited by nass; 03-26-2017, 10:24 PM.
        Blackout
        Something-New
        Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Thanks guys. Lol Daz, it is just an old AM3+ stock cooler I found in a box with right mounting hardware. Pretty beefy tho.

Nass, it is a 1700x, as I bought it before people knew what overclocking was going to be like so I went for the 1700x as it has the 95w tdp and not 65w for the 1700. Seems like 1700 is the way to go though, best price/performance.

I still read that people expect better gaming performance out of 6 and 4 core ryzen, but I don't see it happening if all cores are on 4ghz anyways.
          My Imgur

Comment

Ya without an increase in clock speed that we were all hoping for, I see no need to wait for 5... Lately when I do play is really only bf1 so... Best single core speed is not that useful to me.

Really building this system because I have always been an amd fan, underdog team idea.

Competition is always good, been along time since building an amd system, too long really.

Plus have never had an 8 core system, this time amd has something to offer.
            Blackout
            Something-New
            Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Super excited to see what you're going to do!

Comment

Underdog no longer I hope, Nass!

Thanks Walking, I saw your thread and I'd thought I'd post pics of my case as well! haha

and the fans:

and rads:
                My Imgur

Comment

Hey now, my favourite slim radiators outside the Alphacool X-Flows!

Also those Corsair Mag-Lev fans are quite good too.

Looking good Necro, but hey, let's be honest....You always do

One thing with this motherboard that I noticed. If you only set LLC (load-line calibration) for the CPU you may get a no-boot or no-boot-loop issue. I found that regardless of what, even if the LLC levels are different, you have to set both the CPU and SOC LLC for it to work for me. So far I'm at 3725mhz and the voltage on the CPU stays under 1.30 Volts. I can do 3.8 but I have to go up to 1.33 or so for full stability which I will not be trying until I get a block freed up or purchased for this chip.
                  DS340-E: Core I7 3770K Undervolted at 4.3Ghz, Asrock Z77 Extreme-3, 16GB of Adata XPG V2 gold RAM at 2200mhz, XFX R9 290 with EK water block and (I love) gold backplate, EK tubing, Bitspower and Darkside fittigs, Darkside RGB lighting with handy remote control, WD Black Dual (120GB SSD+1TB mechanical) hard disk, Swiftech PWM fan controller, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Comment

Thanks 10e, I'm going to overclock my 1700x as soon as I get my temp issues resolved.

So I spent my first day off in 22 consecutive days of working as I transitioned from one job to another, building my Ryzen personal computer!(also I fix airplanes now!) I was pretty tired of having the i5 in there and looking at the ryzen on my coffee table everyday. This wasn't really a 'build' for me, its definitely not done. But I had to build something with watercooling to accommodate my Furys and thats really why I did it. Extra LEDs and dye lying around? yes and yes. The mod will include both UV and blue dyes which I tested out with most of my darkside LED's, as well as the cables which I had already ordered from Daz.
                    Sorry for the bad pictures, just testing out this camera and this was in a very low light area. Very low light, I am impressed by this camera. Better pics to come... eventually.

And I think I need more UV dye.

As for the temp issues, my EK supremacy is not mounted tightly enough, so it seems to me, and I'm talking with EK to solve the issue. I don't even want to use it too much as it gets to 80C on the desktop sometimes.
                    Last edited by Necrodead; 04-13-2017, 12:23 AM.
                    My Imgur

Comment

Hey have you thought of using washers to help tighten things down a bit? Ie. between the thumb screws and the actual plate holding the EK block in?

Might be something you can try.

Comment

Working...
                      X