My First PETG install and Primochill VUE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My First PETG install and Primochill VUE

After 10 years of using flex tubing and being happy and content with it. Primochill VUE comes out and I'm sucked into trying PETG tubing for the first time. I know most are pro Acrylic tube here, but I think PETG is good for beginners.

Decided instead of build pics, I thought I would experiment with timelapse instead with end results videos.

Very interested to learn how long iot will last.
    Sentinel Build: Build Log,
    Venom Build: Build Log,
    Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
    Orange Build: Final Video
    HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Turned out very nice.
      Is that an aurora fluid, or micro bubbles I'm seeing?
      Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
      OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
      Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Originally posted by Hooded View Post
        Turned out very nice.
        Yes, they took Aurora idea and make similar.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooded View Post
          Turned out very nice.

As Daz beat me to it, yes it's Primochill's new VUE product line that is very similar to Aurora. It has all the features like Aurora without the side effects or very limited usage.

There are videos out there from Jayztwocents that show him putting in his loop to tearing it apart to see if it clogs. Spoiler.....it didn't clog but in fact cleaned his stained blocks from other pastels.

It's still not a 24/7 fluid but will supposedly last 4 to 6 months according to Primochill's recommended replacement. I'll push it further if there is no clogging. I could watch the fluid all day.

It must be a big thing for Primochill as now orders are a month waiting period for product to be shipped. I lucked out on the second batch of deliveries.

Oh by the way, Daz I got my 3 pin connectors for the LED strips in the mail a few days ago. I sent an email about it wondering if they were shipped last Friday, but they arrived on Monday. Thanks again!

Comment

Nice build! I love the fluid, I saw it on Jayz2C as well and saw that it apparently cleaned the blocks as well.

Mind if I ask where you got the Vue fluid from?
            My Imgur

Comment

Originally posted by Necrodead View Post
              Nice build! I love the fluid, I saw it on Jayz2C as well and saw that it apparently cleaned the blocks as well.

Mind if I ask where you got the Vue fluid from?
              Thanks!

Had to get it from Primochill themselves off their website. They are selling as much as they are manufacturing at the moment to be able to distribute through retail outlets at the moment. Last time I checked, it was now a month before your order would be shipped.

Shame Daz doesn't deal with Primochill. Especially is this stuff is really what its cracked up to be. We need someone here in Canada to sell their product.

Comment

Yeah, If it wasnt for my pump, I would have it in my build last weekend. I should receive a new pump tomorrow.

For the vue, it should last between 4 to 6 months. I doesnt clog up like the Aurora. You need to run the pump at full speed once a day and you can't have your computer always on.

Comment

Primochill is blacklisted for shitty quality control, so cannot help your guys with their products.

Comment

I have some problem with the fact of , "Clean previous pastel clogging" in J2c video, what is so abrasive or what can do that?

if you remember, all USA guy like Jay2Cents, Darthbeavis, Bill Owen was at 200% for PETG , specially with the, so great but ridiculous hammer test,

I will wait for some time before telling its the new grail of coolant

I really hope yes but wait,

ohhh and sorry to high jack you thread

great build by the way
                    Last edited by snef; 11-24-2017, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by snef View Post
                      I have some problem with the fact of , "Clean previous pastel clogging" in J2c video, what is so abrasive or what can do that?

if you remember, all USA guy like Jay2Cents, Darthbeavis, Bill Owen was at 200% for PETG , specially with the, so great but ridiculous hammer test,

I will wait for some time before telling its the new grail of coolant

I really hope yes but wait,

ohhh and sorry to high jack you thread

great build by the way
                      No worries Snef. I too am apprehensive with the new fluid but I'm willing to be the test dummy. At least both my blocks are Acrylic so I will be able to detect clogging if it so happens or if it starts to eat away at my nickel plating. The strange thing is I thought they would recommend keeping the pump going continuously to prevent separation or sediment, but it's the opposite. They only state to run your PC at least once a day if possible, but not continuous.

LOL, yeah I laughed at the hammer test for PETG. I found no issues with my attempt with PETG regardless, and didn't try it with a hammer Maybe one day when I get better at bending, I'll try Acrylic tubing for another build or refresh. However I find no flaws with PETG so far, and VUE is PETG safe so that's a moot point for the glycol issue.

I'm going through a dilemma right now though. Primochill recommends white LED's and firing them in front of VUE for the best visual, but doing some testing out of boredom I tried some red LED's and I must say it looks better. I just wish camera or video would pick up the red properly to show and I'm torn with either white or red LED.

Comment

Originally posted by snef View Post
                        Or even better it dissolves materials. If we start to hear people screaming that Nickel plating was gone, that would be interesting cleaning experience.

Comment

Originally posted by ontariotl View Post
                          I'm going through a dilemma right now though. Primochill recommends white LED's and firing them in front of VUE for the best visual, but doing some testing out of boredom I tried some red LED's and I must say it looks better. I just wish camera or video would pick up the red properly to show and I'm torn with either white or red LED.
                          I think LED color doe snot matter here. Liquid has to have some sort of reflective microflakes, so the position of the light in front of fluid makes perfect sense. White probably sparkes the most, hense recommendation for white.
                          It is exactly same deal as with Aurora.

Comment

Originally posted by DazMode View Post
                            Or even better it dissolves materials. If we start to hear people screaming that Nickel plating was gone, that would be interesting cleaning experience.

I think LED color doe snot matter here. Liquid has to have some sort of reflective microflakes, so the position of the light in front of fluid makes perfect sense. White probably sparkes the most, hense recommendation for white.
                            Skepticism aside, let's hope this product holds up to their promises.

I agree LED colour doesn't matter here. Even with the red LED, it still looks like it should, but now it looks more lava like and a darker red. With white, it looked a little too pinkish for my liking. I just thought the effect would be washed out since Primochill didn't recommend any other colour than white. Hell, my buddies order I placed for him at the same time as mine is Powder Blue UV. So he wont be using white.

I made some raw comparisons on video to compare the differences to a buddy for his opinion, but of course its hard as hell to get red captured properly without the right equipment. To the human eye, its a nice dark red to point I may keep it that way, and Daz I might have to order more red LED strips

Note with the videos I didn't change the led over to red on the cpu block as it's hot glued for the time being until I make a final decision to change fully to red. It was also to show the red closer to pink with the white LED.

Comment

Originally posted by DazMode View Post
                              Actually, with my RGB Cablmod LED it actually make my purple coolant blue-ish. I had a hell of a time adjusting my white balance.
                              Last edited by warplane95; 11-24-2017, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X