My First PETG install and Primochill VUE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 10e View Post
    I had this happen before with my G.Skill RGB Trident Z set.

The LEDs didn't turn on with my MSI board with Mystic Light or whatever it's called, as soon as I put it on my Asus Prime X370 pro with the Aura software updated, things went back to normal. Very weird RAM in that regard, but with RAM/DDR4 prices being what they are, replacing RAM is a costly endeavour these days.

So far so good, OntarioTL. Keep up with the up-----dating
    Well I tried everything and just couldn't get the LED's to light up on this particular stick. Even Flashed the SPD with Thaiphoon Burner with the appropriate file in their database. No go and G.skill software doesn't even recognize it as RGB. So it will be RMA'd.

Now, as for Primochill. I'm happy to report it's still going strong. I know Jayztwocents had posted a new video with Primochill failing on his editing workstation but he did admit to having it on 24/7 which of course even he was not aware until later that 8 hours is the recommended time to run per day.

Comment

Guess I won't be using Primochill Vue then as I run all rigs 24/7
      Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
      OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
      Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Ya have 2 new bottles sitting here now.
        Blackout
        Something-New
        Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

you can turn off a PC?

this is a great series though. do tear it all down sometime, always curious to see inside blocks.
          HAF932 Mods
          C70 Mods

Comment

Originally posted by bungwirez View Post
            you can turn off a PC?

this is a great series though. do tear it all down sometime, always curious to see inside blocks.
            I will do a tear down video either on the next one or the following depending if it holds up longer than my 5 month stint.

Comment

Alright, my finale video. Take it as you may.

Comment

nice video, could u explain the old and new, whats the diff and how do ya tell which we have now idea.
                Blackout
                Something-New
                Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Thanks for doing this, ontariotl. Very valuable knowledge to share, for anyone interested in trying Vue. I think I will personally steer clear to avoid the associated hassles. Can't deny how cool it looks though!

Comment

Originally posted by nass View Post
                    nice video, could u explain the old and new, whats the diff and how do ya tell which we have now idea.
                    The difference is how dark it became and surprised it still had the shampoo effect. It may even be still usable but after the clog in the cpu block I will probably retire it. I almost made it to the 6 month max recommended usage. Others were not so lucky.

I don't regret using it like others have, but it does become costly after a while and for sure it looks so nice to stare at the flow. Maybe someday something will last longer.

Comment

Decided to do one more video after cleaning out Vue after the second batch. Now that I use a Phobya 1080 for external cooling there was no point using Vue anymore since I didn't have enough of it. I'm happy with the clear PETG tube for now, but I can see going Pastel eventually.

Comment

Working...
                      X