Triton by World of Fred (Lian Li case)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bungwirez View Post
    just saying, but this is the first time ever "homo" and "hetero" have been used properly in this forum.
    Lol classic

Excited to see the new build!

Comment

Hey, thanks James and everyone for subbing. was really occupied recently finishing my major in finance and starting working full time this week. I should have more time for my project now.

I had the chance to take more pictures of the ram, took around 30 pictures, but only 3 of them really stood out.

Here's what the RAM looks like in Octarine, I really like the last pictures. It's gorgeous. Thanks again to Ballistix for sponsoring the RAM.

The ram is a great overclocker, I managed 3200MHz so far on Ryzen (this is a 2666mhz kit).

I received the PSU a while ago, I'll do a little photoshoot soon

Triton full album: https://imgur.com/a/cGgqK

Comment

Oh, cool shot!
        Sentinel Build: Build Log,
        Venom Build: Build Log,
        Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
        Orange Build: Final Video
        HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

I think of all the RGB stuff, its been Memory that is really nailed it. great photo skills btw.
          HAF932 Mods
          C70 Mods

Comment

Originally posted by bungwirez View Post
            I think of all the RGB stuff, its been Memory that is really nailed it. great photo skills btw.
            I agree, I usually don't like multicolors, but this one nailed it. RGB is great if they have precise colors.

Comment

Here's the PSU I received from Seasonic a couple weeks ago. I finally had time to do a little shooting, I'm not really happy with the pictures. I'll try to redo them later this week.
              So, here's the box. I should note that I already had a Prime 850W Titanium, so let's see the difference between the Prime and Prime ultra

The packaging, almost the same. The metal effect on the prime is darker.

The modular cables are coming in a little bag instead of a little box

The PSU, in all its glory

The back of the PSU, we can see the hybrid button that is allowing us to have the fan off under a certain load.

The ports

The beautiful stainless steel grill. One thing you can clearly see here, is the paint have a rough finish versus the smooth finish of the regular Prime. In my opinion, I like it better this way.

full album: https://imgur.com/a/cGgqK

Comment

Nice looking PSU.
                Seasonic's have been very very good to me in the past.
                Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
                OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
                Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Hey guys, I'm just passing by.

I received the case last week. Didn't have the time to do proper pictures. I'm gonna start working on it in 2 weeks. After that, I'm only waiting for the unreleased parts (CPU, GPU, and the fans). The build should be ready in Late September or early October.

I received my new SSD this week.

I'm gonna start working on the cable real soon, it will be a challenge haha

Comment

Hey, I received a little something today . I still don't have the CPU yet, so it's gonna take a while before I'll use it :/
                    Spoiler alert, I'm loving everything this board has.

Starting with the box. Nothing special so far, it's a box.

I like the way the box is opening and presenting the motherboards. It's like opening a treasure chest. I know it's been like since a couple years, but I love opening motherboard box comparing to GPU one. Opening a GPU is almost always resulting in tearing the cardboard after a couple times of opening it.

Here's my little baby, this thing sure is sexy. The design reminds me a little bit of the Asus board. You know? Same, but different.

The backplate is not something I'm gonna really use, but it sure is nice having one.

It's about time motherboard is starting to have real fins back. I like the initiative Gigabyte took last year with the Gaming 7. You can't see it, but there are 2 little 32mm fans under the IO cover. We can also see this board has 2x 8pin EPS, a first time for me.

I saw this socket multiples times on the net, but woah man, this is huge. If you're wondering how big it is, just take a 2.5" SSD in your hand, it's just a little bit smaller.

The chipset

It also has an extra 6pin PCIe next to the SATA III port if you want to do extreme overclocking of your GPU. 6 SATA III is a little bit short for a board of this price, I would have expected to see 8 minimum.

Here's an array of ports. My last Asus motherboard was really lacking in this area by only offering one USB2.0

The IO plate sure is nice, they followed the Asus idea by integrating the IO plate. Asta la vista cutting yourself.

Here's a reminder of how sexy this motherboard is haha.

If you were wondering what's the motherboard looks like without the IO cover, here it is. It's not bad at all actually

The reason I took off the IO cover was to replace the "old" wireless card (Intel 8265: Bluetooth 4.2 & 867Mbps transfer speed). Basically, I'll use an Intel 9260 (Bluetooth 5.0 & 1733Mbps transfer speed).

Full album: https://imgur.com/a/cGgqK

Comment

Part list updated, here's the new one.

Build specs
                      Processor: AMD Threadripper 2950X
                      Motherboard: Gigabyte X399 Aorus Xtreme
                      RAM: 4*8Gb Ballistix Tracer RGB 2666MHz
                      SSD #1: Samsung 970 Evo 500gb
                      SSD #2:Crucial MX500 1Tb
                      Video Card: EVGA RTX 2080 XC
                      Power Supply: Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 750W
                      Case: Lian-Li PC-011 Dynamic
                      Fan: Lian-Li Bora Lite RGB

Watercool part list:
                      CPU Waterblock: Heatkiller IV Pro
                      GPU Waterblock: Heatkiller RTX 2080
                      Reservoir: Heatkiller Tube 150DDC
                      Radiator: 2*Hardware Labs GTX 360mm
                      Tubing: Bitspower 12mm acrylic
                      Fitting: Barrow 12mm silver
                      Cooling: UFO Technologies - Custom bluep

Comment

Seriously kick ass rig.
                        Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
                        OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
                        Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Nice kit you have going there, just ordered one of these cases, wont be newest hardware on mine but I really like the look of the case.
                          Blackout
                          Something-New
                          Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Originally posted by Hooded View Post
                            Seriously kick ass rig.
                            Thanks Hooded!

I'm receiving the CPU/Paracord/Watercooling tomorrow, can't wait to unbox all this

Comment

Finally done all the cables! Here's the 24pin. Not bad for a first time.

Here's what needs to be done:
                              1. Planning the loop
                              2. Ordering some tubing and fitting
                              3. finishing the case (its 90% done)
                              4. Returning 2 pack of fans because Newegg sent me the wrong color
                              5. Waiting for my GPU
                              6. Waiting after the fabulous waterblock for the GPU

I will keep you updated

Comment

Soon. waiting for 2 more parts

Comment

Working...
                                X