Corsair Vengeance LED 64GB (4X16GB) DDR4 3000
    Samsung 960 Evo 500 GB + 250GB
    Samsung 850 Evo 500GB
    WD Red 4TB
    Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080 Ti WB
    Thermaltake Core P90
    Corsair RM1000
    EK X299 Asrock Monoblock
    Bitspower Dual D5 Pump Top (with 2 pumps)
    EK reservoir
    Fittings are mostly Bitspower (3-,4-,5- way fittings, valves etc)
    16mm and 12mm PETG tubing
    Corsair HD120
    Corsair Commander PRO
    XSPC sensors
    Black Ice Nemesis GTX480 Radiator

Comment

The P90 is a beautiful case but it takes up a lot of desk space. Especially with the glass panels installed. The GPU and Pump mounts also extend too far from the case. So i decided to remove all that extra width and have every on the core case itself. I could've made it even slimmer by moving the PSU but I didn't think it was necessary. The connection to the GPU and CPU is parallel. Flow from the pump is split at the 5 way port. One to the GPU, other to CPU. The outs from the CPU and GPU merge at the top 4 way and flow into the radiator. Goes from the radiator into the res and then into the pump.

The coolant is dyed black. Only slightly to give in that tinted look. I didn't want to go 100% black.

Preparation - Thermaltake Core P90 I stripped everything down, removed all the grommets. Made 20mm passthroughs for the fittings and sprayed the case metallic grey. Mostly to match the color of the motherboard and radiator. Drilled holes to mount the dual D5 pump top and mounted the reservoir directly to the case. I installed the passthroughs with 3,4,5-way fittings.

CPU CPU choice was based purely on the need for more cores. I'm not much of a gamer. Mostly use my PC for 3D simulations. I had an 8700K before but upgraded to the 7920X. Expensive but well worth it. CPU is currently delidded and overclocked to 4.7 Ghz on all cores. Runs at 19C idle and 64C under 100% load (tested with Prime95 small FTTs)

Motherboard Most people on the i9 platform go for the Asus Extreme but I couldn't justify spending that much on a motherboard. Asrock has always provided some solid options. I initially had a Professional Gaming i9 but I swapped it out for the 2 8 pins on the XE model. Exceptional power delivery options. 3 M2 ports. Abundant sata ports, PCIE lanes etc.

EK Monoblock I decided to go with monoblock because of the X299 VRM heating issues. Once overclocked, the VRMs get really hot. Not necessary if you aren't overclocking or have a motherboard with a very good VRM heatsink

GPU I love the looks of the Aorus cards. This WB version is no exception. Very good looking and it runs like a champ too.

RAM Clearly, I don't need 64GB RAM but I got a good deal on this so I swapped out my 32GB for this 64GB kit. I've actually come to like the designed of those heat spreaders a lot. Goes very well with the AsRock clock thingy.

NVME - 960 Evo What more is there to say. King of NVME drives. There's not much to notice in day to day use compared to say a good SSD but for those who value every second of their work, its a good upgrade. Good thing prices are better now than they used to be.

PSU I've had this RM1000 for over a year. Very dependable PSU. That fan never spins too. lol

Watercooling Components Hardware Labs Nemesis 480GTX - My first black ice rad. They come highly recommended and so far, I 've been impressed.

Corsair HD120 - Not really an RGB head but I've had these fans for about a year and thought I'd finally put them to use. They look really good and the metallic color + black coolant really makes the colors pop. Loving them so far

Bitspower Dual D5 - Excellent pump top. Performs greats and I like the looks.
      Last edited by fingerz11; 05-28-2018, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Figuring out the loop

Attached Files
        Last edited by fingerz11; 05-28-2018, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Stripped everything down. Sprayed the case metallic grey to match the motherboard. First time spraying a case. Easily tell I'm a noob
          Last edited by fingerz11; 05-28-2018, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Loop construction begins

1. I made 20mm holes for the passthroughs. Might be hard to see but there are 3 along the radiator and 2 underneath the motherboard. I didn't want to have an awkward loop going over the motherboard so I went that route

Last edited by fingerz11; 05-28-2018, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Mounted reservoir and pump top directly to the case

Last edited by fingerz11; 05-28-2018, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Hey Fingerz
                Nice looking build.
                Best way to share your images is using the BBCode
                [img]https://i.imgur.com/ewhJKIlg.jpg[/img]

Last edited by Hooded; 05-28-2018, 03:48 PM.
                Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
                OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
                Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Looking good!
                  Sentinel Build: Build Log,
                  Venom Build: Build Log,
                  Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
                  Orange Build: Final Video
                  HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Thanks, Hooded. I’ll do that

Comment

Thanks, Daz

Comment

Comment

Final Photos: Coolant has been dyed black. Will upload photo later

Last edited by fingerz11; 05-28-2018, 09:11 PM.

Comment

nice project you have there fingerz11, she looks big.
                            Blackout
                            Something-New
                            Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Yh, she’s pretty big. TT could’ve made her smaller. So much wasted space

Comment

Working...
                              X