Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bungwirez View Post

http://www.homedepot.com/buy/tools-h...pe-200743.html

There is an episode of ModMen where Bill makes a "window PC" - all the components are literally taped to a window in his shop.
    Once again, you da man bungwirez! Now that you mentioned it, I think I've seen that video. If I remember, he uses the tape to hold up his cordless drill to show the strength of the tape. I gotta get me some...
    Mario

RIG 1: MSI P55-GD65 mobo | CORE i7 870 | 16GB RAM | OCZ 240GB SSD | WD 1TB HD | CORSAIR H70 | 2x EVGA GTX 560Ti 448 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | XSPC DUAL BAYRES WITH D5 VARIO PUMP | XFX PRO1050 BLACK EDITION PSU | HAF 932

RIG 2: EVGA P55 V mobo | CORE i5 760 | 8GB RAM | WD 500GB HD | CORSAIR H60 | 2x EVGA GTX 460 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | DDC PUMP WITH XSPC ACRYLIC RES TOP | CORSAIR HX 850 PSU | HAF 912

Comment

You should try Dazmode Red cathode, it has red glass, so color is really cool, not as milky as usual cold cathode. The downside you loose abit of briteness.
      Sentinel Build: Build Log,
      Venom Build: Build Log,
      Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
      Orange Build: Final Video
      HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Originally posted by DazMode View Post
        You should try Dazmode Red cathode, it has red glass, so color is really cool, not as milky as usual cold cathode. The downside you loose abit of briteness.
        i did get these, couple of 6inches. if thats what you mean? Deep Red - Special Edition CCFL

just trying to mod it to have an on/off switch at the moment.
        HAF932 Mods
        C70 Mods

Comment

Yes, my bad. I just saw Logisys box on picture, so I decided you have normal red version, not double red.

Comment

oh, no the one in the photo is logisys... NCIX deal of the week? for the side panel mod I will be using the smaller Dazmode version!
            HAF932 Mods
            C70 Mods

Comment

I sort of finished a little project here. As you know the top side of the HAF932 is fairly boring
              I've decided to try adapting the HAFX top panel (courtesy CMstores) to my case.
              The nice thing is the added USB3.0 inputs. but there is a little problem with the I/O as you'll see later.

Naturally, this won't just fit on with the existing front molding. And there are some plastic plugs that will have to go too.

Hello Dremel. Good bye plastic bits. there are six of these tabs that need to be cut back far enough to allow the top to sit flush with the case.

HAF932 Mods
              C70 Mods

Comment

cutting away a small bit of both side moldings

As well as a corner on the inside edge of the I/O

Its a fairly tight fit, but it does work. the I/O will slide nicely in between the front moldings here.

And end up looking like it belongs here .. well enough

HAF932 Mods
                C70 Mods

Comment

To screw the top down, I've taken a stack of stand offs. there is one more on the underside of the case holding these three secure.

Then added thumbscrews to a hole I drilled in the top. It works...

Now, the big problem. It seems the Front I/O will not fit back in because the audio jack is too big... lolz
                  Have to work out some sort of fix. may try de-soldering it... mmm that means a trip to CrappyTire for a new tool!!

If I choose to completely leave out the I/O all together, I'll just cover it with 3MDiNoc. Eitherway, I've still got some sleeving to do - fun times as well!

Thanks for watching. cheers.
                  Last edited by bungwirez; 06-12-2012, 02:47 AM.
                  HAF932 Mods
                  C70 Mods

Comment

This is interesting idea and implementation!

Soon enough people will be asking: what the case is that??

Comment

Originally posted by DazMode View Post
                      This is interesting idea and implementation!

Soon enough people will be asking: what the case is that??
                      hahaha. hopefully they will be able to read the titles of the thread ...
                      HAF932 Mods
                      C70 Mods

Comment

[QUOTE=bungwirez;276]I sort of finished a little project here. As you know the top side of the HAF932 is fairly boring
                        I've decided to try adapting the HAFX top panel (courtesy CMstores) to my case.
                        The nice thing is the added USB3.0 inputs. but there is a little problem with the I/O as you'll see later.

Hey bungwirez, when you ordered the top panel from CM store, did you have to pay any duties when it arrived? I want to order the windowed side panel for my CM 912 but I don't want to pay any extra duties when it arrives. Thanks!

P.S. excellent tutorial! Along with the CM 912 I also have the 932. I love that case. Tons of room inside for whatever you want to do. I love the other mods you've done so far as well. Keep them coming!!
                        Mario

RIG 1: MSI P55-GD65 mobo | CORE i7 870 | 16GB RAM | OCZ 240GB SSD | WD 1TB HD | CORSAIR H70 | 2x EVGA GTX 560Ti 448 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | XSPC DUAL BAYRES WITH D5 VARIO PUMP | XFX PRO1050 BLACK EDITION PSU | HAF 932

RIG 2: EVGA P55 V mobo | CORE i5 760 | 8GB RAM | WD 500GB HD | CORSAIR H60 | 2x EVGA GTX 460 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | DDC PUMP WITH XSPC ACRYLIC RES TOP | CORSAIR HX 850 PSU | HAF 912

Comment

Never paid any duties. but expect shipping to be more than the price of the window.

you could easily chop up your existing panel and DIY.
                          price is right if, even if you have to buy a rotary tool.

I've only ever paid duty on my first and last purchase from Performance PC.
                          I think it was because I added my clan tag as the name of my "business"...IDK.
                          HAF932 Mods
                          C70 Mods

Comment

Looking pretty damn good bung! Loving the ROG logo.
                            I7-3820 @ 4.625ghz | GTX 580 SLI @ 900/1800/4100 | Asus Rampage IV Formula | Mushkin Blackline 2000mhz CL7| Linksys DWA 556 | HTOmega eClaro | OCZ Vertex 2 120gb x 2 | WD Caviar Black 620gb | Coolermaster Silent Pro Gold 1000W
                            Corsair 800D | Ek Supreme HF EN+ | EK R4F MOSFET | EK FC580 + backplates x 2 | DDC 3.25 X2 | rx360 | rs360 | Koolance 5.25 single slot resevoir | Scythe Kaze Server Master

Comment

Its coming along. slowly but surely. thankyou sir.
                              HAF932 Mods
                              C70 Mods

Comment

Can't wait to see the final pics of the "marriage" of the HAF X top and the 932 case!
                                Mario

Comment

Working...
                                X