No announcement yet.

Bungwirez HAF932 mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks scaccima. prolly going to have something out later this week.
    This latest ASUS bios puked all over itself and now my motherboard and/or CPU have failed.
    I can't tell whats salvageable until I get some test bench parts in.
    so in the meantime I've totally dissembled everything, and reclaimed the PC from Mrs.Bungz.
    HAF932 Mods
    C70 Mods

Comment

Originally posted by bungwirez View Post
      thanks scaccima. prolly going to have something out later this week.
      This latest ASUS bios puked all over itself and now my motherboard and/or CPU have failed.
      I can't tell whats salvageable until I get some test bench parts in.
      so in the meantime I've totally dissembled everything, and reclaimed the PC from Mrs.Bungz.
      That sucks! Hopefully it's nothing to serious. Have you done anything to your wife's rig? Also I forgot to ask you before, when you posted the pic's of the 240 rad it looks like you painted the rad and the rad brackets. If so what colour is it? Is the inside of the case the same colour too?
      Mario

RIG 1: MSI P55-GD65 mobo | CORE i7 870 | 16GB RAM | OCZ 240GB SSD | WD 1TB HD | CORSAIR H70 | 2x EVGA GTX 560Ti 448 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | XSPC DUAL BAYRES WITH D5 VARIO PUMP | XFX PRO1050 BLACK EDITION PSU | HAF 932

RIG 2: EVGA P55 V mobo | CORE i5 760 | 8GB RAM | WD 500GB HD | CORSAIR H60 | 2x EVGA GTX 460 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | DDC PUMP WITH XSPC ACRYLIC RES TOP | CORSAIR HX 850 PSU | HAF 912

Comment

Places like Canadian Tire, Rona, or Home Depot have this tape in stock. It comes on a roll of about 4 feet [don't quote me on the length] http://www.rona.ca/en/mounting-tape-...-mounting-tape I think I paid about $5 per roll.

B.
        AsRock Extreme6 Z97, Intel i5 4690K 16 GB Kingston HyperX DDR3, EVGA GTX 1070, ASUS Strix Raid Pro soundcard, Corsair HX850i, 256 GB Crucial MX100 SSD, 500 GB Crucial MX100 (Gaming) SSD, custom water-cooled Corsair Air 540, MSI AG32C LED monitor, Insignia 32 " LED TV, Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

Comment

bunwirez
          Is there any way to revert the new BIOS from the motherboard itself; either with removing jumper pins/ CMOS battery/ a BIOS button?

Is your motherboard the ASUS Maximus IV Extreme?

If it is; according to the Republic of Gamers site, it should have one of these " BIOS Flashback with onboard switch button " which would make reverting to a previous version of the BIOS much easier.
          Also found ASUS support site http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...untry=&status= " If you need assistance in self-diagnosing an issue with a motherboard or graphics card, then contact Raja@ASUS and he will help you troubleshoot and lead you in the right direction if an RMA is needed. "
          Last edited by brechan69; 06-18-2012, 07:00 PM.
          AsRock Extreme6 Z97, Intel i5 4690K 16 GB Kingston HyperX DDR3, EVGA GTX 1070, ASUS Strix Raid Pro soundcard, Corsair HX850i, 256 GB Crucial MX100 SSD, 500 GB Crucial MX100 (Gaming) SSD, custom water-cooled Corsair Air 540, MSI AG32C LED monitor, Insignia 32 " LED TV, Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

Comment

ya thanks Brechan. I'm trying all sorts of stuff.
            I've problem solved everything I can think of. Power tester on PSU checks out.
            For now I've gutted the watercooling. replaced the stock mosfet sinks.
            added a CM212 and some Kingston Value Ram. borrowed a 9400GT
            picked up a 3770K and the same M4Z68 board off HWC BST, but its still in the mail

This board is totally heading for RMA. In the meantime, I'm actually thinking of dusting off the PS3...

@scaccima .. the brackets and rad are untouched out of the box. they're just a real black where as the inside of the case is more grey blacK? either that or its just weird lighting.
            Last edited by bungwirez; 06-19-2012, 01:34 AM.
            HAF932 Mods
            C70 Mods

Comment

ya thanks Brechan. I'm trying all sorts of stuff.
              I've problem solved everything I can think of. Power tester on PSU checks out.
              For now I've gutted the watercooling. replaced the stock mosfet sinks.
              added a CM212 and some Kingston Value Ram. borrowed a 9400GT
              picked up a 3770K and the same M4Z68 board off HWC BST, but its still in the mail

This board is totally heading for RMA. In the meantime, I'm actually thinking of dusting off the PS3...

@scaccima .. the brackets and rad are untouched out of the box. they're just a real black where as the inside of the case is more grey blacK? either that or its just weird lighting.
              I guess it must be weird lighting (or the camera's flash) because both the rad and brackets look silvery-grey instead of black. Maybe you could water cool the PS3 too! LOL!
              Mario

RIG 1: MSI P55-GD65 mobo | CORE i7 870 | 16GB RAM | OCZ 240GB SSD | WD 1TB HD | CORSAIR H70 | 2x EVGA GTX 560Ti 448 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | XSPC DUAL BAYRES WITH D5 VARIO PUMP | XFX PRO1050 BLACK EDITION PSU | HAF 932

RIG 2: EVGA P55 V mobo | CORE i5 760 | 8GB RAM | WD 500GB HD | CORSAIR H60 | 2x EVGA GTX 460 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | DDC PUMP WITH XSPC ACRYLIC RES TOP | CORSAIR HX 850 PSU | HAF 912

Comment

Originally posted by brechan69 View Post
                Places like Canadian Tire, Rona, or Home Depot have this tape in stock. It comes on a roll of about 4 feet [don't quote me on the length] http://www.rona.ca/en/mounting-tape-...-mounting-tape I think I paid about $5 per roll.

B.
                Thanks for the link brechan69! Always good to have a roll on hand for those "just in case" situations!
                Mario

Comment

wow... just realized this thread has over 1100 hits.

Thanks Daz for this little corner of the interwebz!

Guess I should get my arse in gear and do more work.

time for sleeving while I wait on ME4Z68 RMA
                  HAF932 Mods
                  C70 Mods

Comment

I found where and changed limit for pictures to 10!
                    Sentinel Build: Build Log,
                    Venom Build: Build Log,
                    Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
                    Orange Build: Final Video
                    HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Thanks Daz

I guess I could have done it quick enough (had I known it was an issue), didn't think it was an inconvenience when I was posting 10 pics this week.

Comment

Found some time to finish this build up.

got my 680DCII waterblocked.

but in the rig, these new GPU blocks from EK have caused me to pick up more fittings from the store.

...oh, that and I've finalized my decision to go with Dragon ICE.

Pics later.

edit: lol ... forgot to add http://www.dazmode.com/store/index.p...oducts_id=1153 to my order... ratz.
                        Last edited by bungwirez; 07-07-2012, 10:52 PM.
                        HAF932 Mods
                        C70 Mods

Comment

Found some time to finish this build up.

got my 680DCII waterblocked.

but in the rig, these new GPU blocks from EK have caused me to pick up more fittings from the store.

...oh, that and I've finalized my decision to go with Dragon ICE.

Pics later.

edit: lol ... forgot to add http://www.dazmode.com/store/index.p...oducts_id=1153 to my order... ratz.
                          Can't wait for pics!!
                          Mario

Comment

Before we get to more build pics. since I completely dismantled everything, I took some pics of the insides of my blocks.

so, all these blocks have been in use for about 6 months of gaming use.
                            I used only distilled + Dazmode Protect.

first the CPU ... too much thermal paste here.

Here's some goo!! totally just dirt and debris. this is a nice trap.

Last edited by bungwirez; 07-08-2012, 05:48 PM.
                            HAF932 Mods
                            C70 Mods

Comment

And here's the EK-FB and the Bitspower Galaxy RAM block.

The main body of the EK-FB has one spot of char. I don't know that its a problem.

Some staining on the backplate... it won't come off either.

worst hit is the chipset block. I dunno that its got more heat, or if this is just a flaky component.

The RAM block is pretty much looking like it did out of the box. some minor damage to where I clearly overtightened the blocks.

HAF932 Mods
                              C70 Mods

Comment

Still looks like you had good coverage of tim on your cpu. You should have seen how much tim I had on my two 460's! Stupid me for not taking some pics - to much shock I guess. Did you use soapy water to clean your blocks?
                                Mario

Comment

Working...
                                X