No announcement yet.

Bungwirez HAF932 mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just use a papertowel, and a QTip dipped lightly in the Mrs. nailpolish remover. Arctic Silver always comes off easy.
    HAF932 Mods
    C70 Mods

Comment

Originally posted by scaccima View Post
      Still looks like you had good coverage of tim on your cpu. You should have seen how much tim I had on my two 460's! Stupid me for not taking some pics - to much shock I guess. Did you use soapy water to clean your blocks?
      Soapy water is used by many to clean their blocks; for stubborn staining (gunk), many will use either ketchup or lemon juice.

Originally posted by bungwirez View Post
      I just use a papertowel, and a QTip dipped lightly in the Mrs. nailpolish remover. Arctic Silver always comes off easy.
      While this is a good suggestion; some of us may not have a "Mrs." around, so I've been using this stuff for a few years now http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX7341 Good deal because you get the cleaner as well as surface prepping agent (cheap too $7.99 for the kit)
      AsRock Extreme6 Z97, Intel i5 4690K 16 GB Kingston HyperX DDR3, EVGA GTX 1070, ASUS Strix Raid Pro soundcard, Corsair HX850i, 256 GB Crucial MX100 SSD, 500 GB Crucial MX100 (Gaming) SSD, custom water-cooled Corsair Air 540, MSI AG32C LED monitor, Insignia 32 " LED TV, Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

Comment

Originally posted by brechan69 View Post
        Soapy water is used by many to clean their blocks; for stubborn staining (gunk), many will use either ketchup or lemon juice.

While this is a good suggestion; some of us may not have a "Mrs." around, so I've been using this stuff for a few years now http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX7341 Good deal because you get the cleaner as well as surface prepping agent (cheap too $7.99 for the kit)
        I use this stuff and it works really well.
        Mario

RIG 1: MSI P55-GD65 mobo | CORE i7 870 | 16GB RAM | OCZ 240GB SSD | WD 1TB HD | CORSAIR H70 | 2x EVGA GTX 560Ti 448 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | XSPC DUAL BAYRES WITH D5 VARIO PUMP | XFX PRO1050 BLACK EDITION PSU | HAF 932

RIG 2: EVGA P55 V mobo | CORE i5 760 | 8GB RAM | WD 500GB HD | CORSAIR H60 | 2x EVGA GTX 460 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | DDC PUMP WITH XSPC ACRYLIC RES TOP | CORSAIR HX 850 PSU | HAF 912

Comment

Finished off the top panel mod this AM. Here's how I solved the front Panel I/O issue

Before...

After... Dremel vs PCB ... butter.

And sleeved...

I thought it would be a good idea to retain the USB3.0 .. unfortunately the cable is not long enough to reach the internal header on my board. and the only extension I can find is ASUS Blue. oh, well... could be a job for paint.

I also constructed this nice cover for the icky looking side of the 5.25 bay ... covered in 3M DiNoc.

with some Dazmode lighting for the sidepanel...
          HAF932 Mods
          C70 Mods

Comment

Next I move on to my EPeen photo of the week. sorry if offend. I thought this was a big joke though.

Asus DCII GTX 680 ... Yes, Its Huge.

I got this directly from SKYMTL@HWC - it is the unit reviewed here: http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum...op-review.html

Despite what the review says about the DCII fans being the best in the industry, I couldn't resist adding the EKWB to this unit.

Now lets talk about this... there was a lot of talk on release about how this circle pattern was lame. Personally, its grown on me a little bit. Regardless, the point is mute once this is inside your case. It faces down into the dark and unless you've got a small head, you won't be sticking you neck out to see it...

So I install the block then make a startling discovery that adapting my loop to this card will mean another trip to the store.
            The ports on this block only point downward into the bottom of the case.
            Adding the enclosed EK-Link, only serves to rotate the ports 90deg so they point out of the case ...
            Net result is ok for my situation where I will have the pump below the GPU and parallel to the intake using a couple of 90fittings.
            But to move water out of the GPU and into the mobo block will mean a complete 180 turn.

that's it for now ... till the next shipment!
            HAF932 Mods
            C70 Mods

Comment

The side cover behind the ASUS cutout looks killer!! I'm feeling some 932 envy!!! Can't wait to see pics of the side cover installed and the backlighting on! Simply awesome man!!
              Mario

RIG 1: MSI P55-GD65 mobo | CORE i7 870 | 16GB RAM | OCZ 240GB SSD | WD 1TB HD | CORSAIR H70 | 2x EVGA GTX 560Ti 448 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | XSPC DUAL BAYRES WITH D5 VARIO PUMP | XFX PRO1050 BLACK EDITION PSU | HAF 932

RIG 2: EVGA P55 V mobo | CORE i5 760 | 8GB RAM | WD 500GB HD | CORSAIR H60 | 2x EVGA GTX 460 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | DDC PUMP WITH XSPC ACRYLIC RES TOP | CORSAIR HX 850 PSU | HAF 912

Comment

I have to agree bungwirez; that the "circle pattern" doesn't seem to make difference either way, but that "EK-Link" has got to be the biggest design flaw of their whole new lineup. How many folks out there only have the tubes running in one direction, would it have been such a big deal to have ports on both sides of the waterblock?
                AsRock Extreme6 Z97, Intel i5 4690K 16 GB Kingston HyperX DDR3, EVGA GTX 1070, ASUS Strix Raid Pro soundcard, Corsair HX850i, 256 GB Crucial MX100 SSD, 500 GB Crucial MX100 (Gaming) SSD, custom water-cooled Corsair Air 540, MSI AG32C LED monitor, Insignia 32 " LED TV, Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

Comment

Putting ports on both sides of the block would have ruined the "square" apsect of the block, or you would have to drill a couple holes through the pcb of the graphics card. i think that the real problem is that they sacrifised usabilty/function for aesthetics, and not very good aesthetics at that.

Comment

Connection between 90-degrees with only half of inch of tube... impossible. How did you manage it??
                    Sentinel Build: Build Log,
                    Venom Build: Build Log,
                    Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
                    Orange Build: Final Video
                    HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Originally posted by DazMode View Post
                      Connection between 90-degrees with only half of inch of tube... impossible. How did you manage it??
                      Nobody told me that it was supposed to be impossible so I did it anyways...
                      Besides, I took it from watching your Orange Build

But actually two things here that really help.

1) the total length of tube must be greater than the width of two compression rings
                      2) leave the RAM block unsecured until after I had the connection made.

the first time I tried this with everything well secured I got this mess.

you can see where I've put so much torque on the RAM block that its actually pulled the RAM out of the socket.
                      HAF932 Mods
                      C70 Mods

Comment

@ EKWB Fail ... I wager/hope that the boys over at EK give themselves a slap and send out an updated version of the Link.

this is how you get a proper loop. go with XSPC? no less than 7 barb options per card. wow.

http://www.xs-pc.com/products/waterb.../razor-gtx680/
                        HAF932 Mods
                        C70 Mods

Comment

XSPC is definitely coming out with some very smart (and fully functional) waterblocks lately...I'm definitely impressed

Comment

ROG logo looks hot
                            good job dude!

Comment

Originally posted by Father Fuzzy View Post
                              ROG logo looks hot
                              good job dude!
                              Thank you Sir. just tryin stuff out... seein where it goes.
                              HAF932 Mods
                              C70 Mods

Comment

Originally posted by bungwirez View Post
                                Nobody told me that it was supposed to be impossible so I did it anyways...
                                After visual inspection I wouldn't even try, because it would look for me as too short distance and you can not screw caps on... But you managed it. This is shortest connection I have ever seen.
                                __________________________________________________
                                Retro Build: Build Log,
                                Baby Blue Build: Build Log,
                                Green Lanten Build: Build Log,
                                Sentinel Build: Build Log,
                                Venom Build: Build Log,
                                Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
                                Orange Build: Final Video
                                HTPC Build: Final Video
                                __________________________________________________

Comment

Working...
                                X