Bungwirez HAF932 mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bungwirez HAF932 mods

So I finally decided to buy a dremel. shopping around I found this at the CanTire.
    Have to say, it works just as well as the real deal. and its 15bucks
    http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/brows....jsp?locale=en

and for safety ... $5 goggles.. http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/brows....jsp?locale=en

anyway, here's what I started out doing. object is to fix this problem with water cooling...
    as you can see... two triple slot GPU really really need watercooling.
    which means adding a second radiator!!

Solution... eliminate hard drive bays
    this took me about 30minutes. popped out rivets on drive bay, then made a cut or two on the bottom panel of optical bay

Blamo! fits perfectly the EK-CoolStream RAD XTC 280
    the 140mm mount kit matches perfectly to the bottom holes where I removed the rivets on the drivebay.

Front view with the addition of a pair of BitFenix Spectre Pro Red LED 140mm
    I like these fans, they're rated 86.73CFM @ 22.8 dB on 12V.
    I've opted to run them on the 5V instead makes them just a little bit quieter

(LOL DAZ ... 4 picture limit per post. OK... I can work with this.)
    Last edited by bungwirez; 05-27-2012, 07:32 PM.
    HAF932 Mods
    C70 Mods

(continued....)

Properly oriented my top side EK-CoolStream RAD XT 360
    and the ever spinning 61CFM and lovely quite 21dB, Triebwerk 55mm Shroud
    air exhausts through roof.

Later on, I moved my attention to the side panel.
    I had already got the custom window for the HAF932 at the CM store for about 25bucks.
    and since this is all about ROG, why not give them some face time.

I stopped at this point, because my garage/latrine was resonating dremel cutting audio into the neighbours condo...
    that and the fumes... moved outside to finish the job and forgot my camera.
    HAF932 Mods
    C70 Mods

Comment

But here's the end result with the 3MDiNoc Carbon Fiber finish

Tape of the Gods to hold down some frosty plexy

Reapplied the original custom window... was previously held in by some plastic rivets.
      I replaced these with tiny silver srews and bolts.
      adds a nice contrast against the black, and will bring out the silver bitspower fittings later!
      Lil Bungz is reflected - super hard to mod with a four year old hanging out.
      HAF932 Mods
      C70 Mods

Comment

and the finally.
        please excuse the actual interior... thats all going to be redone soon enough.
        just need to make a few minor adjusts on the light positions, but you see the idea.

So, thanks for looking. more to come as I get to it. Cheers.
        HAF932 Mods
        C70 Mods

Comment

Good job Bungwirez!!

I got home from work this morning hoping to do a (small) bit of modding to my newly acquired Switch 810; only to find that my rotary tool (Canadian Tire Jobmate Rotary Tool), had bitten the dust...not too shabby of a deal, got it for $10 last spring.

" I stopped at this point, because my garage/latrine was resonating dremel cutting audio into the neighbors condo... "

I completely understand about the noise (of dremeling) vs neighbors; I've got a real bitch living above me, so will have to wait until after 12pm before I start cutting (out on the patio of the apartment).

With the little bit of modding, I should be able to fit my original radiator (XSPC RX360) + 3 Triebwerk fans inside the case (which was the only reason I spent $200 that I shouldn't have).
          AsRock Extreme6 Z97, Intel i5 4690K 16 GB Kingston HyperX DDR3, EVGA GTX 1070, ASUS Strix Raid Pro soundcard, Corsair HX850i, 256 GB Crucial MX100 SSD, 500 GB Crucial MX100 (Gaming) SSD, custom water-cooled Corsair Air 540, MSI AG32C LED monitor, Insignia 32 " LED TV, Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

Comment

exactly why the replacement cost on that Rotary tool makes it worth the buy.

thanks for the support!
            HAF932 Mods
            C70 Mods

Comment

That's looking pretty good! Nice dremel work.

My buddy bought the same rotory tool and it fits my dremel accessories. That means you can use the attachments like the benchpress with it.

Alot better deal then a dremel. They are quite expensive for one with variable speed.

Comment

Just picked up a "Jobmate" replacement this morning...cost a whole $15 (best deal in town ).
                AsRock Extreme6 Z97, Intel i5 4690K 16 GB Kingston HyperX DDR3, EVGA GTX 1070, ASUS Strix Raid Pro soundcard, Corsair HX850i, 256 GB Crucial MX100 SSD, 500 GB Crucial MX100 (Gaming) SSD, custom water-cooled Corsair Air 540, MSI AG32C LED monitor, Insignia 32 " LED TV, Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

Comment

the Jobmate has five speeds
                  good tip on the interchangable Dremel components!

@brechan... don't forget the goggles mate!
                  HAF932 Mods
                  C70 Mods

Comment

I had no idea there 4 pics limit, but it only make thread busier!

I really like you mod. I have HAf932 myself and it is quite boring "as is".

How did you make logo glow? Looks so cool!
                    Sentinel Build: Build Log,
                    Venom Build: Build Log,
                    Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
                    Orange Build: Final Video
                    HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Originally posted by DazMode View Post
                      How did you make logo glow? Looks so cool!

frosty 1/8inch plexy from HomeDepot and cold cathode red.... plus or minus my poor photography technique

next up is the top panel mod. the HAF932 I/O panel covers about 3/4 of one fan.
                      My plan is to mod a HAFX top panel to open up some air flow and make for a much nicer lid.

which reminds me... will need to be ordering up somemore Darkside supplies. woot woot!

BTW: here's my current temps after running BF3 for one hour

Last edited by bungwirez; 05-29-2012, 06:01 AM.
                      HAF932 Mods
                      C70 Mods

Comment

really nice jobe with the case
                        im not a fan of HAF case but this one is nice

Comment

Originally posted by snef View Post
                          really nice jobe with the case
                          im not a fan of HAF case but this one is nice
                          Thankyou sir. I was growing tired of it, but didn't just want to huck it in the dumpster like I did with my last Thermaltake Speedo... regret that too...
                          HAF932 Mods
                          C70 Mods

Comment

I have a stupid question

What is the "tape of the gods" and where can you get it?

Thanks!
                            Mario

RIG 1: MSI P55-GD65 mobo | CORE i7 870 | 16GB RAM | OCZ 240GB SSD | WD 1TB HD | CORSAIR H70 | 2x EVGA GTX 560Ti 448 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | XSPC DUAL BAYRES WITH D5 VARIO PUMP | XFX PRO1050 BLACK EDITION PSU | HAF 932

RIG 2: EVGA P55 V mobo | CORE i5 760 | 8GB RAM | WD 500GB HD | CORSAIR H60 | 2x EVGA GTX 460 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | DDC PUMP WITH XSPC ACRYLIC RES TOP | CORSAIR HX 850 PSU | HAF 912

Comment

http://www.homedepot.com/buy/tools-h...pe-200743.html

There is an episode of ModMen where Bill makes a "window PC" - all the components are literally taped to a window in his shop.
                              HAF932 Mods
                              C70 Mods

Comment

Working...
                              X