CaseLabs S3 "Shot of Mocha"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CaseLabs S3 "Shot of Mocha"

CaseLabs Latest Addition "The Mercury S3" has just Landed in Hanover Labs.
    Glancing between my morning Espresso and the Grey Primer Coated S3 on my Desk, I suddenly
    Knew Exactly what Needed to Be Done:

MOCHA PEARL

Daz will be Building something into this case so stay tuned to his Channel for
    something EPIC!

love the shade of brown, not sure about the multi color iridesent flakes in the paint, but maybe its just my taste.

i have to say your tutorial on painting made me want to paint my own case so ive been doing a fair amount of reading and watching how to videos on youtube. thinking about taking the plunge buying a DA sander/buffer and a HVLP gun. id love any feed back you have on what i should look for. since i live in a small-ish town and dont know any local artists that dont only do landscapes, so im going for a simple 2 color paint scheme with a sanded and polished clear coat. i'm gonna paint a XSPC H2 tower and ive been practicing my painting/primeing/sanding with spray cans on an old case i had kicking around.

if i like my results with a case i might try my hand something bigger, like a pickup... was also thinking of encloseing a corner of my garage in plastic with a couple furnace filters and some box fans for ventelation and dust control.
    Last edited by Prophet of Entropy; 05-16-2013, 08:58 AM.

Comment

No offence Prophet, but I think the colour rocks! It's not your usual colour which makes it stand out.

The picture looks amazing, but I bet looking at it in person (and in the sun) the paint looks 10 feet deep! Double thumbs up Fist!
      Mario

RIG 1: MSI P55-GD65 mobo | CORE i7 870 | 16GB RAM | OCZ 240GB SSD | WD 1TB HD | CORSAIR H70 | 2x EVGA GTX 560Ti 448 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | XSPC DUAL BAYRES WITH D5 VARIO PUMP | XFX PRO1050 BLACK EDITION PSU | HAF 932

RIG 2: EVGA P55 V mobo | CORE i5 760 | 8GB RAM | WD 500GB HD | CORSAIR H60 | 2x EVGA GTX 460 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | DDC PUMP WITH XSPC ACRYLIC RES TOP | CORSAIR HX 850 PSU | HAF 912

Comment

If you buy a HVLP gun, make sure the compressor you have can run it. Full size guns
        Need a lot of cfm to run properly . I like smaller finish/ spot repair guns. They run great on
        Smaller compressors. If you already own a 50/60 gallon compressor disregard.
        If you have any questions feel free to ask here and I will try to help. Gun Tip size is also
        Important its nice to have a primer gun and then another gun for colors and clears.
        Good luck.

Mocha pearl is really cool. That's an extreme shot in the sun. When indoors its a lot
        Different.

Comment

looking forward to more pictures that is an awesome color choice. love it.
          Orange GT Build
          Orange V8 GT Build
          Ice Phoenix Build

Comment

great collaboration here. can't wait for outcome!
            HAF932 Mods
            C70 Mods

Comment

Comment

Thank you for sharing pictures on DazMode forum as well! This project is kick a$$
                Sentinel Build: Build Log,
                Venom Build: Build Log,
                Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
                Orange Build: Final Video
                HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

My pleasure Daz.

Comment

Ohhh boy, looking forward to more genius paint work!!!!

Comment

Thanks for the tips Hanover was thinking about this spray gun kit, not too expensive and it comes with 2 guns http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/brows....jsp?locale=en

and i do like the color, i just dont know about the flake in it, but you need to see that in natural light to get what it really looks like, what it looks like on the can is awsome, it also might be the compound curve of that test piece.

Comment

The cheap starter kits are great for learning. The smaller finish gun is great for computer
                        Panel and parts painting. That big gun will take a decent size compressor
                        To keep it fed properly. I have a DeVilbiss kit like that..I don't use the big gun.

More expensive guns have better internals and finer
                        Spray patterns. But for learning I would go cheap at first
                        like that kit.

Comment

Coming soon!

Click image for larger version

Name:	S3E1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	225.1 KB
ID:	75338
                          Sentinel Build: Build Log,
                          Venom Build: Build Log,
                          Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
                          Orange Build: Final Video
                          HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Originally posted by DazMode View Post
                            Coming soon!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1467[/ATTACH]
                            I'm dying to see this one!!!!!!
                            Mario

RIG 1: MSI P55-GD65 mobo | CORE i7 870 | 16GB RAM | OCZ 240GB SSD | WD 1TB HD | CORSAIR H70 | 2x EVGA GTX 560Ti 448 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | XSPC DUAL BAYRES WITH D5 VARIO PUMP | XFX PRO1050 BLACK EDITION PSU | HAF 932

RIG 2: EVGA P55 V mobo | CORE i5 760 | 8GB RAM | WD 500GB HD | CORSAIR H60 | 2x EVGA GTX 460 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | DDC PUMP WITH XSPC ACRYLIC RES TOP | CORSAIR HX 850 PSU | HAF 912

Comment

Meee too!!!!
                              HAF932 Mods
                              C70 Mods

Comment

Working...
                              X