HAF 932 Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HAF 932 Build

As promised here are some pics of my first loop. I apologize for the poor quality of some. the first is the cleaning of the rad. Kind of a pain, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do and clean fittings.Tore it down and found I needed advice on the forum.
    Attached Files
    CL SM8|Asus Sabertooth Z87|i7 4770K|16GB Corsair Veng|Kingston HyperX|Seagate Barra|Corsair AX850|EVGA GTX670 SLI
    XSPC Blocks, Bits Dual Pump Top and Tube Res|Dual D5|RX480 with Logisy and Deep Cool in P/P|Bits and TFC Fittings and XSPC Tube|Distilled with DazM Protector

HAF 932 Build

Five pics per huh? Well ok then....lol. Got the water block, fittings, rad and res/pump installed then eyeballed the tubing length. that tube cutter works slick and I even remembered to hide the printing on the tubing AND run distilled through the lengths . Man you gotta work that tubing on those fittings till I smartened up and put the ends in hot water...DOH!. Hooked up that handy dandy external power supply, ( just gotta love that thing ) laid down some paper towel.....filled the res, said a little prayer to the WC gods and fired 'er up. added more water and then Daz Protector. She was silent runnin' after bout a 1/2 hour of rockin' the case and toppin' it up. Pretty darn cool to get it flowin' on your first build. Not a leak to be seen after 8 hours...I know 12 is the norm but for such a short loop I figured she was good to go. Tommorow I'll get it tricked up with lights, cable management and change the back 120 led case fan with the original 140mm blackie. By the way she posted first kick at the can....Beauty! Don't know if my temps will be any better after a 4.7 overclock on this i7 2600k and some heavy gamin' than with the H80 but this looks WAYYYY cooler. Idle temps are pretty much exactly the same so far. Well there ya have it... to day water cooling....tomorrow brain surgery! Any comments and suggestions are more that welcome. Thanks All and if we don't see ya thru the week...we'll see ya thru the window!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by GEARjmr; 07-29-2012, 08:39 AM.
    CL SM8|Asus Sabertooth Z87|i7 4770K|16GB Corsair Veng|Kingston HyperX|Seagate Barra|Corsair AX850|EVGA GTX670 SLI
    XSPC Blocks, Bits Dual Pump Top and Tube Res|Dual D5|RX480 with Logisy and Deep Cool in P/P|Bits and TFC Fittings and XSPC Tube|Distilled with DazM Protector

Comment

HAF 932 Build

An addendum if I may...the fill port adapter for the res works great..however the adapter for the case fillport is to small in diameter for the hole...but I can get around that with a coupla chrome washers. Then I can tube it from the case to the res...nifty. Guess now I'll have to fabricate a back plate for my non-ref Gigabyte GTX 570. Acrylic, aluminium or chrome steel are the choices so I better get to measurin'. Cheers!
      Attached Files

Comment

Really nice work Gears.

the problem is --- NOW YER HOOKED!!

Welcome to the club brother.
        HAF932 Mods
        C70 Mods

Comment

HAF 932 Build

Thanx a mill bungwirez,yes I suppose mainlinin' distilled ain't such a bad thing. Although before I got started it was a little daunting, after getting into it for awhile yesterday I found that just sittin' back and hashin' it out in my mind that the real trick is the planning. So to all of you out there who want to WC just plan it out and I think you'll find it sure pays off in the end! Of course having good folks like bung, brechan, Daz and the rest who gave excellent advice certainly helps. I do think it's now time to either sell or trade that goofy non ref Gigabyte GTX 570 for a ref card so I can full cover block my graphics. Anyone with suggestions on a good card? And order that drain that I had planned to but dang it, forgot:mad:. See ya!

Comment

Very nice
            932 is such a nice case to work in
            lotsa room
            I had 3 rads in mine 1 to the hard drive rack
            What fans are you runnin?

Comment

thanks for the kind words. you are absolutely correct.
              I bet you I spent 100 hours planning (and reading) before I was remotely comfortable to start shopping...and chopping lolz.

As for that new GPU. thats easy.
              take a look at the new stock of waterblocks first... see what you like,
              THEN find a GPU to match your choice of block and budget.

but don't rush. take some time to enjoy what you've built man get some games in.
              I'm assuming you play BF3. hit me up on friends.

Bungwirez

Originally posted by Father Fuzzy View Post
              I had 3 rads in mine 1 to the hard drive rack
              What fans are you runnin?
              care to share a pic? I'm super curious now!!
              HAF932 Mods
              C70 Mods

Comment

Looking at your pics of the build process; I think you got off pretty lucky, compared to my first build (just last year, but seems an eternity ago)...this is a pic of "Apartment vs PC Build"

It was a bloody disaster in my apartment for nearly 10 days RFLMAO
                Attached Files
                AsRock Extreme6 Z97, Intel i5 4690K 16 GB Kingston HyperX DDR3, EVGA GTX 1070, ASUS Strix Raid Pro soundcard, Corsair HX850i, 256 GB Crucial MX100 SSD, 500 GB Crucial MX100 (Gaming) SSD, custom water-cooled Corsair Air 540, MSI AG32C LED monitor, Insignia 32 " LED TV, Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

Comment

Nice work Gears!
                  Mario

RIG 1: MSI P55-GD65 mobo | CORE i7 870 | 16GB RAM | OCZ 240GB SSD | WD 1TB HD | CORSAIR H70 | 2x EVGA GTX 560Ti 448 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | XSPC DUAL BAYRES WITH D5 VARIO PUMP | XFX PRO1050 BLACK EDITION PSU | HAF 932

RIG 2: EVGA P55 V mobo | CORE i5 760 | 8GB RAM | WD 500GB HD | CORSAIR H60 | 2x EVGA GTX 460 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | DDC PUMP WITH XSPC ACRYLIC RES TOP | CORSAIR HX 850 PSU | HAF 912

Comment

Thanks bros....brechan you shoulda seen the sight of my place...for some reason I forgot to takes pics of that...lol...oh yea there was stuff layin everywhere. I'm usin the stock fans that came with the kit FF...branded XSPC 1650rpm 120mm's. And as always good advice on the GPU and block bungwirez...thanx for the 'vite to BF3. Been workin schmega hours lately...seems everybody needs aggregate out here right now. I am takin' next week of though. Hopin' to get some major fraggin' time in. Thanx agin' for the words of encouragement. P.S. Although there doesn't seem to be alot of us on this forum and after touring some of the others, this is one of the best if you want straight up, no BS advice on the addiction we all share. I know I'll have many more questions in the future and know where to come for sage and timely advice.
                    Last edited by GEARjmr; 08-02-2012, 03:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by brechan69 View Post
                      Looking at your pics of the build process; I think you got off pretty lucky, compared to my first build (just last year, but seems an eternity ago)...this is a pic of "Apartment vs PC Build"

It was a bloody disaster in my apartment for nearly 10 days RFLMAO
                      Wow! As I would tell my wife if this was my basement, "Don't worry Honey, it's organized chaos. I'll clean it up (eventually)".
                      Mario

RIG 1: MSI P55-GD65 mobo | CORE i7 870 | 16GB RAM | OCZ 240GB SSD | WD 1TB HD | CORSAIR H70 | 2x EVGA GTX 560Ti 448 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | XSPC DUAL BAYRES WITH D5 VARIO PUMP | XFX PRO1050 BLACK EDITION PSU | HAF 932

RIG 2: EVGA P55 V mobo | CORE i5 760 | 8GB RAM | WD 500GB HD | CORSAIR H60 | 2x EVGA GTX 460 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | DDC PUMP WITH XSPC ACRYLIC RES TOP | CORSAIR HX 850 PSU | HAF 912

Comment

Hey there fellow WC freaks!!!Small update....Swapped out the non vario for a vario pump and the clear acrylic res for the black so I can change the pump speed and added that wonderful in line drain...chrome fittings look a little bulky but cool never the less. Oh yea ...and changed from blue UV to black tubing...jury's still out on that one but it doesn't look too bad.Will post a pic or 2 when I find that frickin' camera!!

Comment

[/QUOTE]care to share a pic? I'm super curious now!![/QUOTE]

sorry I missed this

I have it ripped apart now
                          but i had it same as my atcs 840 rig
                          Dual rad mounted to hard drive bay
                          with fans on pull from front

Comment

Nice job. My place is still a mess from working on my computer loop! Glad to know I'm not alone in this! (maybe we need a counselling group?).

As for video cards, a wise man has said: " find a waterblock first and get a videocard to match".

Comment

Originally posted by Grey View Post
                              Nice job. My place is still a mess from working on my computer loop! Glad to know I'm not alone in this! (maybe we need a counselling group?).

As for video cards, a wise man has said: " find a waterblock first and get a videocard to match".
                              you are not alone
                              I think everyone here is the same
                              if we had more room we would build more
                              If we had a dollar for every time we heard " I want all that crap off the kitchen table by the weekend"
                              ...well we could build more lol

not to thread crap
                              but I finally found a pic of my old 932
                              triple rad top, double rad middle, thick 120 in the rear

Comment

Working...
                              X