No announcement yet.

HAF 932 Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Preciate that gents! I'm using the reversed slot cover to power the gpu led's Hooded, kinda short leads on those XSPCs. I find they stay in the holes better being kinda gently pulled back toward the rear of the case, bonus. Not gonna put any in the corner led holes of the block...too hard to change. A guy would have to custom make some 3mms to be sure they'd fit in there although they light up pretty good with just the singles in there. I would like to re and re the acrylic in the case door, some major scratches goin' on and I've found that buying the right stuff to polish 'em out is more than the 12 bucks for a 18"x24" piece of 1/8 Optix at Homey Depot. Gonna rout the edge to get a flush finish with my Dremel, scary. Me and power tools just don't play together well, but the wife keeps buyin' them. Think she's tryin' to tell me somethin' ? Hehe, I didn't realize you can see the pump settings and rpm's of the D5 I wrote on that blue sticky from the bios readout in the one picture I posted. Oh ya, I wanted to ask you guys about flow meters, and whether that would have indicated my lint? in the cpu block? Thanks again.
    CL SM8|Asus Sabertooth Z87|i7 4770K|16GB Corsair Veng|Kingston HyperX|Seagate Barra|Corsair AX850|EVGA GTX670 SLI
    XSPC Blocks, Bits Dual Pump Top and Tube Res|Dual D5|RX480 with Logisy and Deep Cool in P/P|Bits and TFC Fittings and XSPC Tube|Distilled with DazM Protector

Comment

Hey Gear, a little tip on those XSPC leds: if you're willing to bend the cable a little so the cable runs down toward the motherboard, they fit quite nicely. I bent mine at a 90 degree angle, so the cable goes down towards the mobo, and then off to the side. The wires that connect to the LEDs are longer than I thought, and bent easily without breaking. The 90 degree bend holds them in place very well.

Comment

Thanks for the tip Bart...I tried that bending action one time and heard a little snap and I broke the LED wire leads, so needless to say, I'm a little gun shy! LOL.

Click image for larger version

Name:	01-08-13 006.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	74876Click image for larger version

Name:	01-08-13 008.jpg
Size:	124.4 KB
ID:	74877Click image for larger version

Name:	01-08-13 017.jpg
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	74878Click image for larger version

Name:	01-08-13 031.jpg
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	74879
        CL SM8|Asus Sabertooth Z87|i7 4770K|16GB Corsair Veng|Kingston HyperX|Seagate Barra|Corsair AX850|EVGA GTX670 SLI
        XSPC Blocks, Bits Dual Pump Top and Tube Res|Dual D5|RX480 with Logisy and Deep Cool in P/P|Bits and TFC Fittings and XSPC Tube|Distilled with DazM Protector

Comment

Originally posted by GEARjmr View Post
          Thanks for the tip Bart...I tried that bending action one time and heard a little snap and I broke the LED wire leads, so needless to say, I'm a little gun shy! LOL.
          LOL! Maybe I got lucky. I bent mine into form while my CPU block was outside the case and they held that form for some reason. I heat shrunk them like this and it worked out awesome:

Comment

Hey All, Cool Bart, I'll give that a try when I have the block out for cleaning...installed 3 new GT-AP15's in push pull yesterday, of course I hadda sleeve 'em (fun times) and scored one of those Data Vac ED500 blowers, works like a charm for cleaning that dust out since I pulled out my filters. Too funny that I ordered the fans from NCIX(locally) and the blower from Canada Computers(Markham Ont.) online at the same time and a Purcalator(NCIX) and FedEX(CC) truck showed up within 5 min. apart from one another. 3 days shipping from Richmond BC(30 km away) and 3 days from Markham...go figure...lol.

Comment

Originally posted by GEARjmr View Post
              ...scored one of those Data Vac ED500 blowers...
              feel like writing a little review when you get some time?
              I'm going at my case this weekend, so I'll try and get you some good before and after shots.
              HAF932 Mods
              C70 Mods

Comment

A review sounds like a great idea bungz, my son has an old Dell XPS 700 and leaving the maintenance up to him was NOT a good idea on my part . I'm almost afraid to take off the side panel and what might jump out at me!! I'll take pics as I clean that bad boy out as well bungz, no matter how embarrassing it may be.

Comment

lol.. .the moar dust the better results on this one... I suppose
                  HAF932 Mods
                  C70 Mods

Comment

Working...
                  X