No announcement yet.

800d + hx-1080

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

very nice, i was looking at these ram in the 2400mhz 4x4 but they are very expensive plus the timing isn't that great. Now you will be ready for water cooled ram blocks if you wanna go that far as preaty much all block work with that series of ram. good work you have done there
    Orange GT Build
    Orange V8 GT Build
    Ice Phoenix Build

Comment

Have a list of pretty much everything i need with exception of the angles of a few fittings however I have been a little stumped on which res to use. Most seem geared strictly around the idea of have the in and out on the bottom and leaving the top for only filling, but to do what I want I need 2 ports on the top one for coming out of the rad and another for acting as the fill port, thus i'm open to suggestions of ideal res's to full fill my plan. In theory could take one and mount it upside down but think that might look a touch odd.
      Corsair 800D
      2xD5S > FX-8370 > CH4-EX > 6990 > 6990 > 2x1080 rads > return
      Software Developer

Comment

The Bitspower Z-Multi has 3 ports on top and one on the bottom. But you can get another 3 port end cap in the accessories
        http://www.dazmode.com/store/product..._port_end_cap/
        Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
        OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
        Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

I think it is opposite... single port is top of reservoir.
          Sentinel Build: Build Log,
          Venom Build: Build Log,
          Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
          Orange Build: Final Video
          HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Well the one I got from you has the outlet in the bottom single with the anti cyclone and the top has 3 with the return in has a long tube attached reaching 2/3's of the way down the res.
            And a Pic of one ready to go in my case.
            Last edited by Hooded; 11-29-2012, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Have everything sitting in my cart now going to try out this res, and grab an extra 3 port end cap just in case although I don't think I'll need it. The only thing now is the fluid, kinda wanted to go with the mayhem pastel red but none in stock at this point so just trying to settle on the fluid itself. Don't want to run the feser black anymore.

The LED lights installed in the case are part of the Corsair Link kit I managed to pick up on sale a little while ago. Yesterday morning I finally also installed the cooling node instead of the just the lighting node. So I hooked it up to the exterior 9.120 rad and it is happily throttling all 9 fans and one in the case. Also monitoring the tach leads from the Daz D5 pumps. Not that it was loud in the first place but it sure is really quiet.

I also think I finally came up with a name for it, calling it windchill because it causes such a draft that I had to buy slippers for sitting next to it and my feet were getting cold.
              Last edited by Izerous; 12-02-2012, 09:21 PM.
              Corsair 800D
              Software Developer

Comment

So you accidentally invented a device to keep your beer cold. Nice! Great build too.

Comment

Sweet.
                  Windchill you mean windmill lucky that sucker don't blow the house down haha.

I think I'll be getting more than enough windchill this winter thanks

Comment

What do you think about the corsair link?

I didnt think it was available in canada yet

Comment

Memex carries it our you can ship it over the border. I like the idea but even corsair doesn't even fully support it yet. I could not find anywhere what the max amperage of the cooling unit was, turns out it's 4A / cooling node. Which is more than enough to power a bunch of low speed fans atleast. What i really wanted though was the software control, the fact that the link unit can shut the computer down automatically based on the RPM readings of the pumps etc. When my DDC failed I wasn't even home and didn't really have the fail safes in place that I should have had, so it's shut down was due to overheating. They also don't yet sell the nodes without the commander unit, or sell the individual LED strips.
                      Corsair 800D
                      Software Developer

Comment

Now to play the waiting game. Also took Daz's suggestion but went with graphite grey instead of black sleeving so I can try to give a tracer effect on the 8pin lines. If it goes well picked up enough to do a few on the 24pin plug also.

I get a bunch of time off this Christmas so I'll have a bunch of time to play with all of this .
                        Corsair 800D
                        Software Developer

Comment

It is a nice shade
                          good choice

Comment

Don't forget to post some pics too!
                            Mario

RIG 1: MSI P55-GD65 mobo | CORE i7 870 | 16GB RAM | OCZ 240GB SSD | WD 1TB HD | CORSAIR H70 | 2x EVGA GTX 560Ti 448 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | XSPC DUAL BAYRES WITH D5 VARIO PUMP | XFX PRO1050 BLACK EDITION PSU | HAF 932

RIG 2: EVGA P55 V mobo | CORE i5 760 | 8GB RAM | WD 500GB HD | CORSAIR H60 | 2x EVGA GTX 460 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | DDC PUMP WITH XSPC ACRYLIC RES TOP | CORSAIR HX 850 PSU | HAF 912

Comment

Expected Delivery of parts was yesterday, checked UPS a few times yesterday, was listed as on truck for delivery but never showed up before i left work. This morning check the status and
                              "The package was missed at the UPS facility, UPS will deliver on the next business day."

As of a couple hours ago the box did arrive, trying to be a good boy and not open it till I get home.
                              Corsair 800D
                              Software Developer

Comment

Ha good luck with that.

All the delivery guys are pretty hecktic these days. Got to love the holiday season.

Comment

Working...
                                X