No announcement yet.

800d + hx-1080

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Didn't have time to pull out the real camera so a couple more quick phone pictures of the progress.

Got two of the hardline runs done. I'm quite happy with how they turned out, not perfect but for a first time and with almost no waste I'm pretty happy. The one soft line is temporary until a waterblock is installed on the 1080ti. Didn't want to bend a temporary line just for that. You can also see the spacers I had to install on the MB to make the darkside fittings fit.

This is how much tubing I had left over from the previous bends from a 1m tube. Mocking up the return to the res, so even these lengths probably won't go to waste.

My sliding tray... pretty much done besides a few holes for pass through points for the molex power, pwm signal, and tubing. Then a couple rivets to hold the hand made brackets in place that radiators will mount to. Some guides for it to slide between and a coat of paint and it will be done.

Getting really close to finishing this set of changes, i'll need to order a small batch of items later tonight to finish it up though and look through 1080ti waterblock inventory.
    Corsair 800D
    2xD5S > FX-8370 > CH4-EX > 6990 > 6990 > 2x1080 rads > return
    Software Developer

Comment

• Got everything painted, all hardline bent and rigged up and went to slide it together so I could run the leak tests... my opening didn't account for the full height of the 90' fittings I put on top of the radiators. With everything bent I'm pretty happy i only wasted about 8in of tubing overall, and 1 bend I might redo.

I wish I was done already but just bought a second house and that has been taking all my attention. At least when we move over I'll have a real garage to do this in... will have a much happier wife I think not having these projects occurring in the house or outside off the deck.
      Corsair 800D
      Software Developer

Comment

• More pics soon?

Comment

• Some quick phone pictures, real camera is already packed away for the move.

Test fitting sideways

Blurry photo with wiring rigged up

My worst bend, puckers a bit near the top on the inside, the rest of my bends didn't do that and this was the very last one I did

Sitting on top of it's home

The top with the 90's that ended up being a touch too tall to fit through the existing opening.

They join into one to travel to the res.

full length. It's can be hard to tell in the photo but they drop down into the T fitting which is lower. And the next run actually moves down and over to the compound rotary.

Side shot, only soft tubing I used. I test fit a hardline in there but I simply could not get my fingers in there to do anything with it. So going with soft tubing gives me the slack to dismount the assembly off the tray then disconnect the tubing.

The in-ports come in from the bottom port on the tray through the soft line to a direct threaded T fitting and hardline over to the other radiator. They are plumbed in parallel.

Edit: Overall working with hardline has been fun, but it sure is more time consuming.
          The case is also tapped/died? so the tray will actually be secured in part by thumb screws.
          Corsair 800D
          Software Developer

Comment

• So much raddage I'm all jelly.
            Good stuff Izerous
            Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
            OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
            Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

• The overkill is strong with this one. Me likey!

Comment

• Nice modding and adapting the raddage, like your bends to, should have asked me have an xspc H1 plus case with a mountain mod front that takes 3x3 rads, big ass square cube case that would have taking all of this in the one cube plus horizontal motherboard setup. Will never reuse this case really, have too many cases.
                Last edited by nass; 05-17-2017, 10:41 PM.
                Blackout
                Something-New
                Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

• I looked at a lot of cube cases but I wasn't happy with how everything was going to fit, and that I was still going to have something overly heavy. The 800D with everything was ~87lbs. I'm actually considering the next change being something along the lines of Ryzen 7/9 + matx/itx and a super tiny case since I just need room for the tubing and not radiators.
                  Corsair 800D
                  Software Developer

Comment

• Ya heavy they are for sure the cubes.Ua been going smaller myself lately.
                    Blackout
                    Something-New
                    Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

• Things got messy, second kid, second house, work... but I finally leak tested it last night after making an emergency run to memory express. I tried to get it up and running a couple weeks ago powered up the fans in the "new" cooling unit and i missed a wire that was being hit by a fan blade "tick tick tick tick tick" the sound of failure.

Then last night I said screw it put work aside and fixed the cooling unit's wiring, tested it and started filling it. Then I tried to prime the pumps... well my molex power brick can not run even as single pump just doesn't have the output... so get to memory express about 15 minutes before they closed and grabbed the cheapest PSU off the shelf because of course I sold the other PSU I had been using since the power brick seemed like it would be more convenient.

At least now it's leak tested and sitting on my desk... still not actually powered on and I'll have to do a little work to get a water block on the ti but that can wait since I have not even powered it on yet to make sure the darn thing works. Means those mass of radiators are hooked up to nothing but the CPU/MB right now...

Been using my work computer at home so have not been without, just been forced to be in OSX.

Edit: Will take some updated pictures and such when I actually power it on... and clean it.
                      Last edited by Izerous; 09-22-2017, 07:10 PM.
                      Corsair 800D
                      Software Developer

Comment

• Great to hear this build is a go still.
                        Loving the rad overkill.
                        Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
                        OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
                        Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

• Been years since i have used nvidia cards... wont' boot to windows unless i use HDMI. but i can pull the hdmi and go to display port after it boots. Guessing a driver issue but installed drivers off USB since i still need to run a network cable to where it is sitting. Atleast it kinda works.
                          Corsair 800D
                          Software Developer

Comment

• After some leaks developed I reverted to soft tubing in some areas. I never bothered to push it now that it is all assemebled but having to boot off HDMI is still an issue and super annoying to disconnect the display port cable every time just to be able to boot. I'd spend more time on it but with the issues I had with the fluid, then being swamped, and developing leaks when I tried to put it all together I just wanted to be able to enjoy a functioning computer.

I did just pick up a whole new assembly though and now I need to figure out a new CPU water block. Normally I'd just grab another Koolance block but it appears Daz might not have had any for a while now. I'll have to bend more tubing as well.

Coming Out
                            -CH4-Extreme
                            -FX-8370
                            -Koolance CPU-380
                            -32GB Corsair Ram
                            -Corsair Commander thing which has never worked quite right from day 1 and was a night mare to get working in windows 10 the first time around that it was left disconnected
                            -Add the hard drives are coming out too don't think I'll even leave a platter drive in

Going In
                            -CH7-Hero
                            -2700X
                            -Was thinking Koolance CPU-400 if I can find one
                            -32GB G-Skill Trident Z Ram oddly first time ever buying their ram
                            -everything the corsair commander was doing can be controlled by the CH7-Hero so nothing lost by tearing it out
                            -2x500GB NVME drives... Undecided if I'll stripe them or just leave them. I have seen a few reviews on NVME raids and such just not sure if I want to go through the effort

Also undecided about the sound card. CH7's onboard and attempt to sell the Xonar Phoebus

Might even try to find a external enclosure for the blu-ray player so there isn't a single sata cable plugged in anymore. I still use it occasionally for certain tasks.

I enclosure I built for the 2x1080 rads I finally had time to sit down and dedicate stress testing it last week and not sure air is flowing as expected within the case. 30min 4k stress test brought the 1080ti (120% power limit but no OC at the time) to 48'c (~22'c room temperature) expected lower I think it might be recycling air more than expected.
                            Last edited by Izerous; 12-20-2018, 05:34 AM.
                            Corsair 800D
                            Software Developer

Comment

• Wow that thing is a beast! Looking forward to the completion

Comment

• Koolance is really out of favors now, cannot sell anything from them except of QDCs. Naturally stop bringing them in.
                                __________________________________________________
                                Retro Build: Build Log,
                                Baby Blue Build: Build Log,
                                Green Lanten Build: Build Log,
                                Sentinel Build: Build Log,
                                Venom Build: Build Log,
                                Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
                                Orange Build: Final Video
                                HTPC Build: Final Video
                                __________________________________________________

Comment

Working...
                                X