Genesis 9000B-W

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Genesis 9000B-W

I had made a post to LVNona's Fist Build Thread, and he requested some pics of my build using the the same AZZA Genesis 9000B case as he is. I figured this would be as good a way of sending - just post them. Here are pics of my last water build. It original platform was an Asus P9X79-Deluxe, but it had to be RMA'd and was replaced with the RIVF. Too bad because the P9X79-deluxe is a sweet board. I would rate it above the RIVF, but a hair below the RIVE. I actually was able to clock the 3930K higher on the Deluxe than the RIVF.

SYSTEM:
    - Asus Rampage IV Formula
    - Intel i7-3930K
    - 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR-2400
    - 2X EVGA 4GB GTX680 Dual SLI
    - 240GB Corsair Neutron GTX SSD / 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD for benching
    - 3TB Seagate HDD
    - Corsair AX1200i PSU
    - Lamptron Touch 6 CH Fan Controller

WATER:
    - Watercool HeatKiller REV3.0
    - 2X Watercool HeatKiller GPU-X3
    - 1X EK CoolStream XT 480 (Top)
    - 1X XSPC RX240 (BTM)
    - XSPC - XSPC Dual 5.25" Reservoir for Two Laing DDC's Dual Loop
    - 2X Swiftech MCP350 12V Industrial Water Cooling Pump
    - BitsPower Black Compression Fittings 1/2" X 3/4"
    - Primochill Tubing 1/2" X 3/4"
    - Corsair SP120 fans

The Genesis 9000B - I had to rob pics from AZZA's site as I never took any outer case pics prior to paint!
    A nice feature of the case is that the motherboard can be orientated traditionally or inverted. Removing a few screws on the back and three inside, allows you to grab the handle in the back and pull the motherboard tray out. Flip it around and slide it in the other side. That simple. A word of caution. If you mount your mobo on the tray and then install them, be careful. The mobo tray is very flimsy and the mobo could flex and crack. Over all, the case is a very good design and works very well to water cool. 120mm radiators from a 120.1 to a 120.4 with bolt in the top with no mods. A second 120.2 or 140.2 rad will bolt in the bottom with no mods. There is room under the top case shroud for rad fans if push/pull desired. The same can be said for the bottom case shroud. You could easily go push/pull on the bottom rad without having fans in the shroud. The top is possible, but tight. The case will accommodate a mobo as big as they come but is a heavy bitch.

The only outside pics before paint. A contrast in size. The Genesis towers over my HAF-932. But in actuality, if the top and bottom case shrouds are removed, it is only about 2" longer front to back. The both are about the same size higth inside.

A look inside

Stock 140mm fans and shrouds. Gone.

A rack to help support heavy video cards. Not bad idea. Gone. Dog fuggen ugly.

The Hot Swap boards will be gone.

Why more motherboard manufactures arent using right angle USB3 connections on more boards is beyond me. Man, who the hell wants that big-ass ugly plug sticking out of their board? Sure the hell aint me.
    I took a razor knife to the plug and carved of all the hard material. I sleeved the cable and then got some heavy wall / self-sealing shrink tubing. I heated it up to get it shrinking, and used a piece of heated 6mm aluminum to form a right angle while shrinking and cooling. Once cooled, the heavy walled tubing and sealant make the new angled connector stiff and hard so it retains its form and also stays secure. Not the prettiest job, my first wack at it. You basically only get one shot putting it together.

The housing cut open

All the housing removed. I left the translucent material to help protect the wires going into the plug.

The new plug

The USB3 cable and top panel power cable after sleeving.

Radiators.
    - Up top, you can mount from a sinlge 120mm rad to a quad 120mm rad with no modding. All bolt holes existing stock. The EK Coolstream 480 bolted right in. Push/pull configuration is possible.
    - The bottom of the case with no modding, can accept a dual 120mm or dual 140mm radiator. The PSU can be mounted at the front or rear of the case. A 120mm rad can be forward mounted if PSU at rear, but dual 140mm rad can only be mounted at the rear. Also, whether using 120 or 140, the stock hole patterns offset the rad to one side of the case or other. Both options are available whether the mobo is inverted or not. Being I am using an AX1200i and it is ginormous, I opted to mount the bottom 240 rad in the center, and further back to the rear than what the stock holes allowed. I only had to drill two additional holes, and it gave me much more space between the PSU and rad. A regular sized PSU wouldnt be an issue.

XSPC RX240 Dual 2x120mm Radiator - Rev. 2 (CPU)

EK Coolstream XT 480 4X120mm Radiator (Video)

Corsair SP120 Fans

Dont mind the cheezy background.

Fan controller

I wanted to try a Lamptron Touch so I went with one. I spent a some time tearing this bitch down so I could paint the bezel. Well I got right to the bezel, but that was it. The bezel easily removes from the LCD screen, but the touch screen element seemed to be glued into the bezel. I tried to remove it, but it was looking like It would be borked by the time I got it out. No paint on bezel. I wanted to mount it up top but the rad is in the way.

Some HeatKiller luvin

The P9X79 Deluxe in the Genesis shortly before it's demise. Board died. Watercool HeatKiller X79 Mobo Set on VRMs/Chipset
    Last edited by Hooded; 11-04-2015, 12:59 AM. Reason: Tried fixing img URL's

Thread Approved... through it done son!
    HAF932 Mods
    C70 Mods

Comment

Testing, 1..2..3.. In with the Rampage IV Formula. Can anyone guess what is on top of the radiator?

Into the Genesis - Ummm ya. All compressions and no fuggen barbs!

Painted and some finishing shots. Plan was to have the Republic Of Gamer's emblem airbrushed onto the front lower grill and side panel grill above window. WAYYYYYYYYYY to much RED! Since these pics, I changed the rez and DVD drive bezels back to black.

RealBench V2 beta run
      Last edited by xmanrigger; 12-17-2013, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Sorry, made a double post somehow. Deleted.
        Last edited by xmanrigger; 12-15-2013, 11:22 PM.

Comment

Agreed xman ... the USB3 port on the P67 Sabertooth was one of the reasons I went with the Z87 Saber. Even though the Azza is not much larger than the 932 its still a very nice looking case. You're gonna have an awesome rig once she's all said and done. Rock on sir!!
          CL SM8|Asus Sabertooth Z87|i7 4770K|16GB Corsair Veng|Kingston HyperX|Seagate Barra|Corsair AX850|EVGA GTX670 SLI
          XSPC Blocks, Bits Dual Pump Top and Tube Res|Dual D5|RX480 with Logisy and Deep Cool in P/P|Bits and TFC Fittings and XSPC Tube|Distilled with DazM Protector

Comment

Nice modding of USB 3.0. Will make a note for future.
            Sentinel Build: Build Log,
            Venom Build: Build Log,
            Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
            Orange Build: Final Video
            HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Good work modding that USB 3.0 cable. I wish they made the cable more flexible instead of rigid crap.

Comment

Originally posted by DazMode View Post
                Nice modding of USB 3.0. Will make a note for future.
                Originally posted by Hero1 View Post
                Good work modding that USB 3.0 cable. I wish they made the cable more flexible instead of rigid crap.
                Thanks. The cable turned out not too bad. I could have made it much nicer, but I had a few beers in me and was in a rush at that point.I have an aluminum block I wanted to use by heating it and using it to make nice square corners and bend, but I couldnt find it. The next day after all said and done, I found it when looking for something else. LOL

Comment

Very nice rig

great work on the bastard known as a usb3 cable

that sli cable has to go tho ....plastidip is your friend

The BP fitting look super as usual

Comment

nice rig sir. nice work on the usb3 cable
                    Orange GT Build
                    Orange V8 GT Build
                    Ice Phoenix Build

Comment

Originally posted by Father Fuzzy View Post
                      Very nice rig

great work on the bastard known as a usb3 cable

that sli cable has to go tho ....plastidip is your friend

The BP fitting look super as usual
                      Ya, you are right about the SLI bridge. As with the USB3 cable, not sure why manufacturers cant supply a nice SLI bridge for their higher end boards. I tried to get an EVGA hard bridge, but every time I look in their site they are sold out. Presently I am using the stock 3-Way bridge for dual SLI. It looks a little better than the 2-way ribbon cable.

Agreed, cant beat the look and quality of BP fittings.

Using Tygon tubing (king in my opinion), I had 2 systems that I used just barbs and no clamps. No leaks in years, even at sub-zero. The Genesis build, I use Primochill tubing on clampless barbs - tubing blows off barb on CPU block and empties rez spraying water all over mob and inside of case. Killed the mobo, PSU, and HDD. No more barbs. The only barbs used now are in the Torture Chamber and they are CLAMPED!

On another note, I was going to post pics of another rig I built in 2010. This build is still valid as it is always evolving. My test rig, I call it the Torture Chamber. It has had many victims. A few victims: P6X58D-E/i7-930, Sabertooth X58/i7-950, Maximus Gene Z68/2700K, Rampage IV Extreme/i7-39360X, Commando S775/C2D-6850, P9X79 Deluxe/i7-3930K, Rampage IV Formula/i7-3930K, and presently, Sabertooth 55i/i5-760. All of these configurations at one point utilized the EK Supreme HF Full Copper CPU block. Not a fan of EK, but I have to say this block is the shit. Fits virtually all CPUs since S775 and performs at the top. It is the mainstay of the Torture Chamber.
                      Last edited by xmanrigger; 12-17-2013, 05:02 AM.

Comment

That case is screaming for more modding

Comment

Originally posted by Hero1 View Post
                          That case is screaming for more modding
                          The only other modding I might do to it is the addition of a LCD panel. Other than that, I try to keep my builds as simple as possible - neat and clean. I am more for function than bling.
                          Last edited by xmanrigger; 12-16-2013, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by xmanrigger View Post
                            The only other modding I might do to it is the addition of a LCD panel. Other than that, I try to keep my builds as simple as possible - neat and clean. I am more for function than bling.
                            Now we are talking. I'd love to see the LCD panel on this!

Comment

Nice build. So I see you're using the bottom rad and fans to push heat air out through the bottom of case. Is it ok this way? It's kinda make sence you push hot air out of the case. I was actually thinking to do this way.

Comment

Working...
                              X