'rigger's Rigs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'rigger's Rigs

Here are some past water builds prior to joining DAZ forum. Unfortunetly, a lot of my pics were on a HDD that died. This is all I can salvage.

The Torture Chamber
    - Coolermaster HAF 932 Case
    - Thermochill PA140.3 Rad
    - Thermochill TA120.2 RAD
    - EK Multi-Option 250 Rez
    - Swiftech D5-B Pump
    - BitsPower D5 Top
    - akasa 4CH Fan Controller
    - Corsair AX1200
    - Tygon Tubing 1/2" X 3/4"
    - BitsPower Fittings
    - Distilled Water and Silver Coil
    ***I mounted the rez externally to allow as much room inside the case as possible to allow for different system configurations, as this was built as a test bench.

- Asus P6X58D-E First victim and original build
    - Intel i7-930
    - 6GB Corsair Dominator GT DDR3-2133
    - 2X EVGA GTX480 - BitsPower Black Ice GTX480 blocks
    - OCZ Vertex-II SSD
    Prior to paint. This was an early HAF 932 case. None were painted black inside at that time.

Asus Maximus Gene Z68 Yes, the 2600K clocks as advertised.
    This was never a system. I simply bought the CPU, mobo, and memory, just to clock the shit out of the 2600K. Only to turn around and sell them. I wanted to see if the 2600K put out as said, and it did. Still at time of this posting, a very relevant gaming CPU.
    - i7-2600K
    - 8GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000
    - EVGA GTX580

Asus P9X79 Deluxe
    - i7-3930K
    - 16GB Kingston HyperX
    - 2X EVGA GTX580 Dual SLI
    - Kingston HyperX 120GB SSD

I had two 3-slot multi-link SLI blocks, three GTX580 blocks and four GTX580 Backplates custom laser etched by Watercool. Two sets were for me and two were for a client build.

Asus Sabertooth 55i - Presently The top 140.3 rad was swapped end-for-end, and tubing run changed a bit for this config
    - i5-760
    - 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 / 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2400 (Yes, the same quad channel kit from my X79 system runs dual channel mode as well. 2370mhz so far)
    - EVGA 3GB GTX580
    - HyperX 120GB SSD
    - Seasonic M12D 850W

Mmmm look at those nice clean Typhoons in the bottom. Could use a bit of cleaning. They have been thru hell. Lotsa ciggies 'n beer while poking and prodding the above systems. The Silverstones up top are brand new for the 55i.

A Rampage IV Extreme and Sabertooth X58 were inside for testing as well. Unfortunately, the drive the pics were on shit the bed.

All in all, I am very happy with the Torture Chamber. The HAF 932 is a sweet case to work with. Many options. The EK Supreme HF Full Copper is the heart of the cooling system, as it served many CPUs and performed. The loop configuration prior to the Sabertooth 55i performed stellar as a single loop. I held a few benchmark records with various systems in a couple forums in the past. All were accomplished with this case. Just got the 55i in there, so not much testing other than some RealBench runs.
    Last edited by xmanrigger; 12-20-2013, 11:07 PM.

HAF 932

With the release of the X79 platform in 2010, I purchased the P9X79 Deluxe with a 3930K. The X58 system got evicted from the Torture chamber to make place for the X78. With that said, the X58 had no home to go to. Being the HAF 932 was so easy to work with, I purchased another and moved the P6X58D-E and i7-930 into it. I had a water cooled GTX480 sitting around with a bunch of water cooling components, so I threw this together as a gamer for my son. Since these pics, the 480 was upgraded to a GTX580, and he now has one of my GTX680s in it. Nothing special, just a simple loop. Yes, the CPU block needs to be rotated 90deg. Surprisingly, CPU temps have been good with clocks.

- Asus P6X58D-E
    - Intel i7-930
    - 6GB Corsair Dominator GT 2133
    - EVGA GTX680
    - Scythe 6 CH Fan Controller
    - Corsair AX850 PSU

Last edited by xmanrigger; 12-17-2013, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Antec P190

This was a fun client build. I disassembled the case almost completely and painted. I was trying to keep a military theme to it. Painted Olive Drab. When build was almost complete, my cat jumped up onto work bench and knocked the front bezel and door assembly onto the floor, breaking it. I contacted Antec and asked about purchasing a replacement panel. Antec sent me the complete front assembly GRATIS. A big Thanks went out to Antec.

- Asus Sabertooth X58
      - Intel i7-950
      - 6GB Corsair Dominator GT 2133
      - 2X EVGA GTX580
      - Corsair Force3 120GB SSD
      - 2X 2TB WD Green HDD
      - Corsair AX850 PSU
      - Watercool CPU and VGA blocks
      - Gentle Typhoon Fans
      - Thermochill TA120.4
      - Tygon Tubing 1/2 X 3/4
      - BP Fittings

Last edited by xmanrigger; 06-11-2014, 08:41 AM.

Comment

SilverStone TJ07

Another client build. No budget on this machine but I was still trying to keep cost down. It turned out pretty good. Client was as happy as a pig in shit when delivered.

- Asus Rampage IV Extreme
        - Intel i7-3960X
        - 32GB G.SKILL RipJawsz DDR3-2133
        - 2X Corsair Force Series GT SATA3 120GB SSD in RAID-0
        - 2X EVGA 3GB GTX580
        - 2X Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD
        - Asus BW-12B1ST Blue-Ray Writer
        - D-Link WWA-556 Xtreme N Wireless Adapter
        - Corsair AX1200 PSU
        - Skyth KM03-BK Kaze Master Pro 6 CH Fan Controller
        - SilverStone Temjin TJ07B Case
        - Win7 64 Ultimate

- Watercool HeatKiller REV3.0 S2011
        - 2X Watercool GPU-X3 GTX580
        - Black Ice SR1 480
        - Black Ice X-Flow Xtreme III 360
        - XSPC DUAL BAY Dual DDC rez
        - 2X Swiftech MCP355 Pumps
        - Primochill Tubing 1/2 X 3/4
        - BitsPower compressions and fittings

Last edited by xmanrigger; 12-18-2013, 06:11 AM.

Comment

very very nice! is that white tubing or Dragon liquid?
          I'd like to make mine as clean as this!

Comment

Looks good, BP clamps would be look nice.
            Sentinel Build: Build Log,
            Venom Build: Build Log,
            Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
            Orange Build: Final Video
            HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Originally posted by garbinc View Post
              very very nice! is that white tubing or Dragon liquid?
              I'd like to make mine as clean as this!
              It is white Tygon R3400. So is the black.

Originally posted by DazMode View Post
              Looks good, BP clamps would be look nice.
              Yes, they would, but pricey little critters. If this wasnt a test rig, I likely would. But then if it wasnt a test rig, I most likely would have used comp fittings.

Comment

Sabertoot 55i RealBench V2 beta

Well, last night was the first chance I had to really push the Sabertooth 55i system since I originally built it a couple years ago. I was using ROG RealBench to test clocks as it will reveal any weak sub-system overclock. I was pleasantly surprised at the power this bitch puts out. I had under estimated it. Comparing clock to clock, it seems on par with the 3770K, and just a hair under a X58 i7-930.
                What is crazy about this is the memory used is a 16GB Kit of Corsair Dominator Platinum 2400 from my X79 system. The highest I have been able to clock the Dominator in the X79 (3930K, RIVF) was 2375mhz. XMP is a no go with X79. XMP under 55i will set 2340mhz and clocked as high as 2425mhz, but would crash when load applied. 2410mhz was stable.

Last edited by xmanrigger; 12-20-2013, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X