No announcement yet.

The Fancy Pedestrian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I much prefer building with all right angle fittings and using straight sections of tube for ease of it. Right now the only reason I haven't updated my build in 3 days is because I have to bend the tubes and I don't want to!

Anyways I don't think your tubing cracked because you used heat, you have to use heat to bend acrylic. However I think your mcmaster carr tube wasn't meant to be heated and bent or something, you just don't see the same thing happening with watercooling made tubing.

I also used some mandrels for my P5 build last week, but I want tighter bends in my new build so I'm doing them all by hand, it is a little less tedious than the mandrels imo. Still not enjoying it that much, haha.
    My Imgur

Comment

• Originally posted by bungwirez View Post
      you make a good point for nubes Alex.

if your water loop fails, or ... sadly pump is dead... you can reboot to at least see that drives and windows boots.
      power draw is low and therefore heat is negligible.

as for bends... simplicity rules the day. I've only bent by hand, perhaps with a nice right angle template to make sure.
      also, try to bend first, then cut to length the tube to fit... why I use my palm sander to take the tube down by mm's at a time.

BUT... I can't deny loving to see a spiral loop tossed into the mix
      yes but the nubie should still be careful booting with the full cover blocks like mine. with mosfet, cpu, nb, and sb cooled in one block like mine i took a calculated risk when booting. I imagine it would have overheated shortly enough..

As for bends, i have been bending first and taking mm down at a time like you but i have been having most trouble with cases with a z axis none the less.

I will do my best to get back a looptaloop or two in there!!! Wish me luck!!!

Originally posted by Bartacus View Post
      I've only bent tube once, and hated it. I'm not doing hard tube in my main rig, EVER. It's too much pain for too little gain.
      but it is kinda purdy, no?

Originally posted by Necrodead View Post
      I much prefer building with all right angle fittings and using straight sections of tube for ease of it. Right now the only reason I haven't updated my build in 3 days is because I have to bend the tubes and I don't want to!

Anyways I don't think your tubing cracked because you used heat, you have to use heat to bend acrylic. However I think your mcmaster carr tube wasn't meant to be heated and bent or something, you just don't see the same thing happening with watercooling made tubing.

I also used some mandrels for my P5 build last week, but I want tighter bends in my new build so I'm doing them all by hand, it is a little less tedious than the mandrels imo. Still not enjoying it that much, haha.

I know!! and it looks sooo good like in snef's builds but I am just soo unwilling to spend all them monies on them 90 degree angles!!

You maybe right, I really really hope those primochill petg will hold up!!

I thought the mandrels were supposed to make life eaisier?
      The Ultra Fancy Build
      The Bluehawk Pedestrian Build

The Bluehawk Ultra Build - Retired
      The Fancy Pedestrian Build - Retired

Comment

• Replacement pump is hear. Leak testing/Upgrading to Windows 10, will be applying recommended privacy setting as per Hooded of course.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02304.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	77128
        Last edited by alex5389; 07-27-2016, 01:17 PM.
        The Ultra Fancy Build

Comment

• This thread is being abandoned. The Fancy Pedestrian has gone through so many changes that it can no longer be considered the same build. Stay tuned for FP's evolution!

Some pictures in loving memory of The FP:

RIP lil buddy .
          Last edited by alex5389; 08-02-2016, 06:57 PM.
          The Ultra Fancy Build

Comment

• Yall come back now ya hear?
            HAF932 Mods
            C70 Mods

Comment

• Originally posted by bungwirez View Post
              Yall come back now ya hear?
              Dude, I just looked back on this thread, I seemed to be a pretty angry little dude a couple years ago, more so than now i think. I was really mad at corair back then for the 250D. All in all it was a pretty ok little case, pity it couldn't have been just a hair bigger.

I'm not sure when it was that I actually became a corsair fanboy but I am now. I just wish they tried building a custom loop in it during development not after the fact when it was released.
              The Ultra Fancy Build

Comment

Working...
              X