X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alex5389
    replied
    Originally posted by DazMode View Post
    GTX660 is non standard card to begin with, so I woudl triple check that block would fit or opt to Universal block. The rest looks fine.
    Very good point! It looks like according to ek this block was the only one they actually physically matched to a vga (this is partially why i picked that one). I would lose my shit if it turned out not to fit.
    http://www.coolingconfigurator.com/w.../3831109857076

Originally posted by DazMode View Post
    I also woudl not spend money on overpriced generic fans, when you can get same or betetr result with YateLoon for $6.99 a pop at Frozen.
    Haha I got caught! This was actually my way of padding the budget to give myself a little wiggle room in case the auditor came down on me. lol

Originally posted by Father Fuzzy View Post
    nice list of parts

that is a great mobo you can also get a full mobo block for it http://www.dazmode.com/_forum/showth...ll=1#post18725

I picked that up from daz

think you could do better in the ssd department for price and speed

Lookin forward to your build good luck!
    Fuzzy!! Done and done. You have helped me much my friend I think this will look awesome!!! I had forgotten of the existence of full mobo blocks all together since on my last build i had to go through hell to cool NB, sb and mosfet.

Leave a comment:

• Father Fuzzy
    replied
    nice list of parts

that is a great mobo you can also get a full mobo block for it http://www.dazmode.com/_forum/showth...ll=1#post18725

I picked that up from daz

think you could do better in the ssd department for price and speed

Lookin forward to your build good luck!

Leave a comment:

• DazMode
    replied
    I also woudl not spend money on overpriced generic fans, when you can get same or betetr result with YateLoon for $6.99 a pop at Frozen.

Leave a comment:

• DazMode
    replied
    GTX660 is non standard card to begin with, so I woudl triple check that block would fit or opt to Universal block. The rest looks fine.

Leave a comment:

• alex5389
    replied

Last edited by alex5389; 08-02-2016, 03:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• alex5389
    started a topic The Fancy Pedestrian

The Fancy Pedestrian

Hey Everyone!

I have begun planning a new build! I will call him The Fancy Pedestrian, and so he shall be, he will be mediocre on the inside and beautiful on the outside. He will live in my bedroom and he will be expected to run as quietly as possible. He will be used mainly for media however he might be expected to game occasionally (nothing too fancy(quiet is the goal here)) The lack of 5-10K will keep me from building a god machine work of art like some of you others out there (you know who you are) have been doing, however it will not hinder my interest the WC/Modding hobby. When I am rich and famous I will wow everyone with my WC'd supercomputer that could pass for night club decoration, but until then this will have to do...

Ok, ok, all jokes aside now.

I say I have begun planning and only planning because I have not yet received permission (some of you may understand(i hope)) to start my build. But soon purchases will be made and then there will be happiness again. In the mean time I have assembled a general list of parts to give the keeper of the keys and I will share it with you just below.

Case
    Corsair Obsidian 250D Mini ITX
    PSU
    SilverStone Strider Plus ST50F-P 500W Modular
    GPU
    Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 GV-N660OC-2GD
    MOBO
    ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Mini ITX Intel Motherboard
    CPU
    Intel Core i7-3770K Quad-Core Processor 3.5 GHz 4 Core LGA 1155
    RAM
    Corsair Vengeance Blue 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600
    SSD
    Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB 2.5"

Water Blocks
    Bitspower ASUS P8Z77-I DELUXE (Intel Z77) USC Water Block - Nickel Plated
    EK GeForce 660 GTX VGA Liquid Cooling Block - Nickel
    Coolant
    PrimoChill Ice Intensified™ - Non-Conductive Coolant - Steel Blue
    Fittings
    PrimoChilll 1/2" OD Rigid Revolver Compression Diamond Knurled Fittings - Anodized Black
    Res
    XSPC 5.25" Bay Reservoir - Clear / Silver / Black
    Rads
    XSPC EX140 Single 140mm Low Profile Split Fin Radiator
    XSPC EX240 Multiport Dual 120mm Low Profile Split Fin Radiator
    Pump
    Phobya DC12-260 12V Water Cooling Pump
    Tubing
    Ultraviolet-Resistant Extruded Acrylic Round Tube, 1/2" OD, 3/8" ID

Please give me your professional 2 cents, as this is my first intel build!

I love the dazmode community and it is great to be back here working on another one with you guys who i trust immensely.

And so let it begin!!!

Update 7/15/16

After a catastrophic failure early this year, I have stated rebuild The Fancy Pedestrian! Parts list updated and build log to follow in the same thread. Its good to be back in the game, Very excite!

Update 8/02/16

The Fancy Pedestrian has evolved into The Ultra Fancy! Check signature for link.
    Last edited by alex5389; 08-02-2016, 03:56 PM. Reason: Evolution!!!
Working...
X