Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Fancy Pedestrian

Hey Everyone!

I have begun planning a new build! I will call him The Fancy Pedestrian, and so he shall be, he will be mediocre on the inside and beautiful on the outside. He will live in my bedroom and he will be expected to run as quietly as possible. He will be used mainly for media however he might be expected to game occasionally (nothing too fancy(quiet is the goal here)) The lack of 5-10K will keep me from building a god machine work of art like some of you others out there (you know who you are) have been doing, however it will not hinder my interest the WC/Modding hobby. When I am rich and famous I will wow everyone with my WC'd supercomputer that could pass for night club decoration, but until then this will have to do...

Ok, ok, all jokes aside now.

I say I have begun planning and only planning because I have not yet received permission (some of you may understand(i hope)) to start my build. But soon purchases will be made and then there will be happiness again. In the mean time I have assembled a general list of parts to give the keeper of the keys and I will share it with you just below.

Case
    Corsair Obsidian 250D Mini ITX
    PSU
    SilverStone Strider Plus ST50F-P 500W Modular
    GPU
    Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 GV-N660OC-2GD
    MOBO
    ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Mini ITX Intel Motherboard
    CPU
    Intel Core i7-3770K Quad-Core Processor 3.5 GHz 4 Core LGA 1155
    RAM
    Corsair Vengeance Blue 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600
    SSD
    Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB 2.5"

Water Blocks
    Bitspower ASUS P8Z77-I DELUXE (Intel Z77) USC Water Block - Nickel Plated
    EK GeForce 660 GTX VGA Liquid Cooling Block - Nickel
    Coolant
    PrimoChill Ice Intensified™ - Non-Conductive Coolant - Steel Blue
    Fittings
    PrimoChilll 1/2" OD Rigid Revolver Compression Diamond Knurled Fittings - Anodized Black
    Res
    XSPC 5.25" Bay Reservoir - Clear / Silver / Black
    Rads
    XSPC EX140 Single 140mm Low Profile Split Fin Radiator
    XSPC EX240 Multiport Dual 120mm Low Profile Split Fin Radiator
    Pump
    Phobya DC12-260 12V Water Cooling Pump
    Tubing
    Ultraviolet-Resistant Extruded Acrylic Round Tube, 1/2" OD, 3/8" ID

Please give me your professional 2 cents, as this is my first intel build!

I love the dazmode community and it is great to be back here working on another one with you guys who i trust immensely.

And so let it begin!!!

Update 7/15/16

After a catastrophic failure early this year, I have stated rebuild The Fancy Pedestrian! Parts list updated and build log to follow in the same thread. Its good to be back in the game, Very excite!

Update 8/02/16

The Fancy Pedestrian has evolved into The Ultra Fancy! Check signature for link.
    Last edited by alex5389; 08-02-2016, 03:56 PM. Reason: Evolution!!!
    The Ultra Fancy Build
    The Bluehawk Pedestrian Build

The Bluehawk Ultra Build - Retired
    The Fancy Pedestrian Build - Retired

Last edited by alex5389; 08-02-2016, 03:57 PM.
    The Ultra Fancy Build

Comment

GTX660 is non standard card to begin with, so I woudl triple check that block would fit or opt to Universal block. The rest looks fine.
      Sentinel Build: Build Log,
      Venom Build: Build Log,
      Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
      Orange Build: Final Video
      HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

I also woudl not spend money on overpriced generic fans, when you can get same or betetr result with YateLoon for $6.99 a pop at Frozen.
        Sentinel Build: Build Log,
        Venom Build: Build Log,
        Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
        Orange Build: Final Video
        HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

nice list of parts

that is a great mobo you can also get a full mobo block for it http://www.dazmode.com/_forum/showth...ll=1#post18725

I picked that up from daz

think you could do better in the ssd department for price and speed

Lookin forward to your build good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by DazMode View Post
            GTX660 is non standard card to begin with, so I woudl triple check that block would fit or opt to Universal block. The rest looks fine.
            Very good point! It looks like according to ek this block was the only one they actually physically matched to a vga (this is partially why i picked that one). I would lose my shit if it turned out not to fit.
            http://www.coolingconfigurator.com/w.../3831109857076

Originally posted by DazMode View Post
            I also woudl not spend money on overpriced generic fans, when you can get same or betetr result with YateLoon for $6.99 a pop at Frozen.
            Haha I got caught! This was actually my way of padding the budget to give myself a little wiggle room in case the auditor came down on me. lol

Originally posted by Father Fuzzy View Post
            nice list of parts

that is a great mobo you can also get a full mobo block for it http://www.dazmode.com/_forum/showth...ll=1#post18725

I picked that up from daz

think you could do better in the ssd department for price and speed

Lookin forward to your build good luck!
            Fuzzy!! Done and done. You have helped me much my friend I think this will look awesome!!! I had forgotten of the existence of full mobo blocks all together since on my last build i had to go through hell to cool NB, sb and mosfet.
            The Ultra Fancy Build

Comment

Hey guys I need some help with picking tubing please help!

I need to decide on the size. I am leaning towards the 1/2" as my experience with the 3/8"(3/8" ID 1/2" OD) was that it was kinda easy to kink if your connections are short probably because of the thin walls. What are your experiences?

I also think I want to go with clear tubing for this build, any recommendations on brands that wont fog at all?
              Last edited by alex5389; 01-13-2014, 09:24 PM.
              The Ultra Fancy Build

Comment

I've been using 3/8-5/8 lately and bends nice without kinking and not as bulky as 3/4

after having stain issues i've been using coloured tube and clear fluid so havent tried any clear tubing to recommend

Comment

I'm with FF on the Tube size.

Parts looks good to me. But like Daz says be very very careful buying your GPU block.
                  And the full board block sounds like the right move as well.

Got to say Daz and FF have already hit all things I thought and a couple more.
                  Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
                  OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
                  Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

I've been using 3/8-5/8 lately and bends nice without kinking and not as bulky as 3/4

after having stain issues i've been using coloured tube and clear fluid so havent tried any clear tubing to recommend
                    What if I told you guys that after seeing danex's dark night red I want to do it entirely with acrylic tubing? Would you call me crazy?

Originally posted by Hooded View Post
                    I'm with FF on the Tube size.

Parts looks good to me. But like Daz says be very very careful buying your GPU block.
                    And the full board block sounds like the right move as well.

Got to say Daz and FF have already hit all things I thought and a couple more.
                    Well now you guys have me worried.. Do you guys mean I should call EK? The cooling config says that the only one they physically tested with is that one, is it known to be faulty?
                    The Ultra Fancy Build

Comment

Originally posted by alex5389 View Post
                      ... I want to do it entirely with acrylic tubing? Would you call me crazy?
                      No way ... HardTube is excellent... totally a great way to go.

I can still call you crazy for other reasons if you want.
                      HAF932 Mods
                      C70 Mods

Comment

Originally posted by bungwirez View Post
                        No way ... HardTube is excellent... totally a great way to go.

I can still call you crazy for other reasons if you want.
                        Looks like a lot of work but the final product will probably be beautiful!

Would anyone know how powerful a heat gun i would need for the acrylic?
                        The Ultra Fancy Build

Comment

Hairdryer on high would work without so much chance of over heating it.
                          Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
                          OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
                          Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Originally posted by Hooded View Post
                            Hairdryer on high would work without so much chance of over heating it.
                            Oh, no way? I didn't think that would be hot enough, I actually happen to have a spare one I can use. Awesome thanks!

Btw you and DAZ have me buggin out about the video card now.

This got lost one the previous page.

Originally posted by alex5389 View Post
                            Well now you guys have me worried.. Do you guys mean I should call EK? The cooling config says that the only one they physically tested with is that one, is it known to be faulty?
                            The Ultra Fancy Build

Comment

I am happy to announce that The Fancy Pedestrian build has gotten the green light from my better half!!! I have updated my parts list for you guys and have started to order part (slowly), pics to come this weekend!! I have taken FF's advice and picked a different ssd, it might not be the quickest but that's not really an issue.

I am soo excited for this mobo it looks like it has some awesome functionality!

I am also proud to announce that I have settled on acrylic tubing it really looks like it will be fun.
                              The Ultra Fancy Build

Comment

Working...
                              X