The Fancy Pedestrian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Necrodead View Post
    Looks really good, I can't see the imperfections in your pictures, but the shroud I just made is also crooked with a bunch of bubbles, lol. I will probably re-wrap it.

Did you cut acrylic and then glue it to make the corner so sharp? Anyways, looks pretty good from here.
    Thanks Necro! Using the cell phone camera so that helps with the imperfections not being seen. lol. I will probably wind up making a new one. I used a heat gun as I applied and that seem to help me push out all of my bubbles may be you could try that.

Actually I gotta confess that the the shroud is not actual acrylic, I wasn't up for the challenge of bending and cutting that material even though i have a nice sheet of it left over from a previous build.

It is actually 1/4inch foam board that i cut half way through, made a miter joint folded back and married with pins and glue. On the bright side the material is cheap and easy to work with as long as you can exacto in a straight line.

Originally posted by Bartacus View Post
    Looks good Alex! I have that same motherboard and block in my backup rig.
    Thanks Bart!! I really like it, mine seems to be fairly marred by staining however I bought darker pastel fluid for it because I don't have the time or energy to take it apart.

Feeling real old these days man.
    The Ultra Fancy Build
    The Bluehawk Pedestrian Build

The Bluehawk Ultra Build - Retired
    The Fancy Pedestrian Build - Retired

Comment

• Thought I would post the pics of the tubing that cracked and caused the leak. The acrylic has become crazy brittle, it breaks in your hands. I must say though this is not acrylic tube with watercooling branding, it is generic tubing from mcmaster carr.

Click image for larger version

Name:	0721160905a.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	77090
      The Ultra Fancy Build

Comment

• Bonus photo:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	07211609090.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	77091
        The wife is ready for divorce.
        Last edited by alex5389; 07-21-2016, 08:09 PM.
        The Ultra Fancy Build

Comment

• Originally posted by alex5389 View Post
          Thought I would post the pics of the tubing that cracked and caused the leak. The acrylic has become crazy brittle, it breaks in your hands. I must say though this is not acrylic tube with watercooling branding, it is generic tubing from mcmaster carr.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4113[/ATTACH]
          Is that newer peice at the top an unused one? Looks really hazy, surprised that happened with acrylic, at least it should be JUST acrylic I would assume.
          My Imgur

Comment

• bummer Alex. what will you use to replace this tube.

and having been near divorce court over this hobby, I been there too.
            just make Her a really sick mod!
            HAF932 Mods
            C70 Mods

Comment

Bonus photo:
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]4116[/ATTACH]
              The wife is ready for divorce.
              I bet lol "sorry hun dinner on the floor again" nice build man
              Sponsors: Thermaltake, TTesports, Apacer

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009118150299

https://twitter.com/EZgunna82

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYK...nTKQoIX-sPI1UA

http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/

http://community.thermaltake.com//

Comment

• You guys need to learn to buy the wife something each time u do a major upgrade .
                Blackout
                Something-New
                Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

• Originally posted by nass View Post
                  You guys need to learn to buy the wife something each time u do a major upgrade .
                  Words of true wisdom from nass ! Dinner, chocolates and flowers are good choices. Just one at a time though, don't want to spoil them too much.
                  3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Is that newer peice at the top an unused one? Looks really hazy, surprised that happened with acrylic, at least it should be JUST acrylic I would assume.
                    Yea man its crazy the water block is like that too, but i dont have time to take it apart and clean it. A flush will have to do, wish me luck.

Originally posted by bungwirez View Post
                    bummer Alex. what will you use to replace this tube.

and having been near divorce court over this hobby, I been there too.
                    just make Her a really sick mod!
                    I bought some primochil petg and am hoping that will last better. LOL I wish she was into gaming, I totally would. Let me know if you have any other ideas.

Originally posted by EZ's PC's View Post
                    I bet lol "sorry hun dinner on the floor again" nice build man
                    lol, please, that would never fly. Im just lucky we have usable kitchen and coffee tables!!

Originally posted by nass View Post
                    You guys need to learn to buy the wife something each time u do a major upgrade .
                    Ding ding ding, I think you are onto something!

Originally posted by gdesmo View Post
                    Words of true wisdom from nass ! Dinner, chocolates and flowers are good choices. Just one at a time though, don't want to spoil them too much.
                    Nice point. I will start with flowers!
                    The Ultra Fancy Build

Comment

Thought I would post the pics of the tubing that cracked and caused the leak. The acrylic has become crazy brittle, it breaks in your hands. I must say though this is not acrylic tube with watercooling branding, it is generic tubing from mcmaster carr.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4113[/ATTACH]
                      Cracked acrylic tubing??? never heard that happening on its own. not gonna lie im a lil worried about redliner now it has all acrylic tubing. It is from EK but still kinda worrying. That really sux tho alex sorry to hear about the leak
                      Sponsors: Thermaltake, TTesports, Apacer

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009118150299

https://twitter.com/EZgunna82

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYK...nTKQoIX-sPI1UA

http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/

http://community.thermaltake.com//

Comment

• Originally posted by EZ's PC's View Post
                        Cracked acrylic tubing??? never heard that happening on its own. not gonna lie im a lil worried about redliner now it has all acrylic tubing. It is from EK but still kinda worrying. That really sux tho alex sorry to hear about the leak
                        Since I've never seen this before, I would assume it is because that was just some generic tubing from a hardware store and not made for watercooling. People have been using bitspower acrylic for years and this has never been reported.
                        My Imgur

Comment

Since I've never seen this before, I would assume it is because that was just some generic tubing from a hardware store and not made for watercooling. People have been using bitspower acrylic for years and this has never been reported.
                          The other thing is that these were bent using heat as well. I think it is fair to assume this compromises the integrity as well.
                          The Ultra Fancy Build

Comment

• So I made my tube runs.. start pouring in the distilled to flush/leak test......flip the psu on............and................... DENIED!!!!

Pump is dead.

Waiting for a new pump to arrive tomorrow. I wound up starting the system on waterblocks and air and was able to confirm boot so that is good at least, once i have the pump i will be able to upgrade to windows 10 qucikly by the deadline. Then I can take my time.

I'll tell you fellas what, I'm not enjoying bending these tubes as much as I remember.. Had a real hard time this time around... Maybe because I am using the monsoon mandrel set instead of free bending but I'm not gonna lie it has felt a bit tedious. I was originally planning to have veryyy elaborate and fancy bends, but now I am kinda reconsidering especially since I am now suspecting that the bends reduce the longevity of the tubing....

Any thoughts fellas?
                            The Ultra Fancy Build

Comment

• you make a good point for nubes Alex.

if your water loop fails, or ... sadly pump is dead... you can reboot to at least see that drives and windows boots.
                              power draw is low and therefore heat is negligible.

as for bends... simplicity rules the day. I've only bent by hand, perhaps with a nice right angle template to make sure.
                              also, try to bend first, then cut to length the tube to fit... why I use my palm sander to take the tube down by mm's at a time.

BUT... I can't deny loving to see a spiral loop tossed into the mix
                              HAF932 Mods
                              C70 Mods

Comment

• I've only bent tube once, and hated it. I'm not doing hard tube in my main rig, EVER. It's too much pain for too little gain.

Comment

Working...
                                X