No announcement yet.

Hooded's CM690 Build - Blue Dragon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I'm on the third try to sleeve my power supply. I may need to order some more heat shrink. LOL Almost finished just 8 wires left then plug them all in. The hardest part I've found about doing the PSU is the wires are different diameters and lengths making it fairly hard to get things to lay properly. This time it's looking good enough to install. But it sure don't look like Lutro0 did it.

It's much easier now I bought some cheat x2.5 reading glasses, I can see the little pins and prongs.
    Will post a pic or two later. For now my fingers just needed a break.
    Last edited by Hooded; 10-01-2012, 06:13 PM.
    Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
    OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
    Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

il have to go to the store i don't like the way the multi-max goes not as precise as a rotary but for 15 buck i got to get a jobmate and save some headaches and time.

Comment

I'm still amazed that a $15.00 Jobmate rotary tool can keep up with a $69.99 Dremel rotary tool! I've owned a couple of Jobmate screwdrivers and they didn't last long.
        Mario

RIG 1: MSI P55-GD65 mobo | CORE i7 870 | 16GB RAM | OCZ 240GB SSD | WD 1TB HD | CORSAIR H70 | 2x EVGA GTX 560Ti 448 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | XSPC DUAL BAYRES WITH D5 VARIO PUMP | XFX PRO1050 BLACK EDITION PSU | HAF 932

RIG 2: EVGA P55 V mobo | CORE i5 760 | 8GB RAM | WD 500GB HD | CORSAIR H60 | 2x EVGA GTX 460 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | DDC PUMP WITH XSPC ACRYLIC RES TOP | CORSAIR HX 850 PSU | HAF 912

Comment

I have cut up several cases thick and thin metal with the job mate rotary instead of a branded dremel. I actually burnt one out walked into Canadian tire and they replaced it.
          Corsair 800D
          2xD5S > FX-8370 > CH4-EX > 6990 > 6990 > 2x1080 rads > return
          Software Developer

Comment

Agreed.

I've had 2 Jobmate rotary tools now; and for $10 - $15, it's the best that money can buy...cuts through flesh pretty good too
            AsRock Extreme6 Z97, Intel i5 4690K 16 GB Kingston HyperX DDR3, EVGA GTX 1070, ASUS Strix Raid Pro soundcard, Corsair HX850i, 256 GB Crucial MX100 SSD, 500 GB Crucial MX100 (Gaming) SSD, custom water-cooled Corsair Air 540, MSI AG32C LED monitor, Insignia 32 " LED TV, Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

Comment

i just bought the mastercraft at 2/3 off only 29.99 deal good until 4 th October comes with flex shaft and has variable speed 3 year warranty and 100 pcs kit.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/brows....jsp?locale=en
              Last edited by dmckoy; 10-04-2012, 12:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dmckoy View Post
                i just bought the mastercraft at 2/3 off only 29.99 deal good until 4 th October comes with flex shaft and has variable speed 3 year warranty and 100 pcs kit.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/brows....jsp?locale=en
                Wicked deal! I wonder if it can use the Dremel fittings too?
                Mario

RIG 1: MSI P55-GD65 mobo | CORE i7 870 | 16GB RAM | OCZ 240GB SSD | WD 1TB HD | CORSAIR H70 | 2x EVGA GTX 560Ti 448 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | XSPC DUAL BAYRES WITH D5 VARIO PUMP | XFX PRO1050 BLACK EDITION PSU | HAF 932

RIG 2: EVGA P55 V mobo | CORE i5 760 | 8GB RAM | WD 500GB HD | CORSAIR H60 | 2x EVGA GTX 460 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | DDC PUMP WITH XSPC ACRYLIC RES TOP | CORSAIR HX 850 PSU | HAF 912

Comment

yes you can. you can olso use1/16 3/32 and 1/8 collet size and a fexi shaft tool.

Click image for larger version

Name:	rottool.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	118.0 KB
ID:	74604

Comment

Originally posted by brechan69 View Post
                    Agreed.

I've had 2 Jobmate rotary tools now; and for $10 - $15, it's the best that money can buy...cuts through flesh pretty good too
                    Time for a finger count brechan!!
                    Mario

Comment

It's been a while since my last pics so here are a couple updates of how the build is progressing.
                      The coil of cables at the top of the case or ssensor cables that will be plugged in later. They are currently just up out of the way. You can see I've cut a large hole in the top of the case. This allows the dual bay res to be installed in the top two bays and still access the fill cap.

The loop flow will go.
                      Res - Top 240 Rad - North Bridge, South Bridge Block - CPU Block - Top Mofset Block - Top 360 Rad - Rear Mosfet Block - GPU Block - Bottom 240 Rad - Return to Res.

I have a fuild temp senor as the coolent exits the top 240 rad.
                      I have a fuild temp senor as the coolent enters the bottom 240 rad.
                      I have a flow meter sensor just befor the coolent enters the bottom 240 rad.
                      I have a thermale sensor on every block.
                      Bottom rad is not yet secured as I'm still doing the sleevingand cable management.

Comment

Really nice work Hooded!
                        Mario

Comment

Originally posted by scaccima View Post
                          Really nice work Hooded!
                          Thanks.

Here is a little better close up of the main board blocks.

Comment

wow Hoody!

is that BP crystal Link?
                            HAF932 Mods
                            C70 Mods

Comment

Nope it's Feser Tube Active UV. Clear UV Blue.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooded View Post
                                damn, its just so clean looking and shiny. nice touch.

kinda tricky with those LED/Temp wires.
                                I was *almost* temped to put some wholes in the PCB on the motherboard
                                just so I could hide them better.

didn't of course... big chicken?
                                HAF932 Mods
                                C70 Mods

Comment

Working...
                                X