Node 804 Build - Out Of Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Node 804 Build - Out Of Service

The Node 804 Build was way overdue for a complete cleaning. I think it has been running for about 3 years since the last maintenance. It ended up being easier to completely disassemble the whole thing.

Took apart the pump and pump top first.

The white stuff looks like flakes of mineral deposits.

Other than that it was fairly clean. The memory block was about the same, with some tiny white deposits stuck inside the channels and to the inside of the o-ring. A rinse and a scrub with a toothbrush cleaned it up.

The CPU block filtered out most of the muck. It is a combination of those white deposits and fibers.

The GPU block and the motherboard block were the same as the memory block So toothbrush, distilled water and compressed air.

Semi-humorous side note. Put all of the fittings into a mild vinegar and water bath. Then immediately forgot about them for a day or so. The Bitspowers came out looking like brand new. The EKs fared a little worse.

The EK fittings will polish up after about 20 minutes of buffing each. Actually they might look good in a post-apocalyptic themed build if they are left tarnished.

Remounted everything back onto the motherboard.

One more side note. When looking at these photos, I noticed the glue residue on the video card shroud that had gotten dirty with time (Should have done a better job of cleaning it off). Instead of making a GTX 560 Ti shroud , EVGA just put a sticker over the GTX 560 logo. I removed the sticker when modding the shroud, so all the glory of owning a GTX 560Ti DS SC went in the garbage with it.

Not sure if I want to put this hardware back in the Node 804. Would like to buy or build a box that gives you this view when you look in the window.

Might be able to come up with something by the time those EK fittings are polished.

The SLOB : A 3570K Build
    Down & Out : A 2600K Build
    V-353 : A 4770K Build

Im suprised bitspower plating was not eaten away. Vinegar and plating is big no no.
    Sentinel Build: Build Log,
    Venom Build: Build Log,
    Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
    Orange Build: Final Video
    HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Originally posted by DazMode View Post
      Im suprised bitspower plating was not eaten away. Vinegar and plating is big no no.

These 1/2 inch Monsoon Econo connectors also survived the vinegar solution.

Mini Review

They have large o rings and they seal really well., but you need to use the included wrench to tighten the collar because there is no knurling anywhere.

Most times you have to use the blade end of the wrench to screw in or remove the connector. Lots of times the wrench is just to big to get into a tight spot so you have to offset it. The rounded part of the wrench that fits around the tube is not deep enough, so if you don't hold the wrench exactly perpendicular to the tube you have a good chance of marking it. And last but not least , the G1/4 threads are murder on acetal. Bought two six packs and they are all the same. Had to use short extension fittings if threading directly into a block. They are fine if threading into another fitting. So even though they have a bullet-proof finish, they get a fail because of the G1/4 thread thing. This is all of course just my opinion.

Comment

Good work on the cleaning!
        Orange Horizon (Parvum Systems S2, i5-4690K, GTX 780TI, 16GB CL9, 500GB, Custom Loop)

Comment

Originally posted by easynator View Post
          Good work on the cleaning!
          Thanks easy. Was surprised at how clean it was inside there after so long. The Dazmode Protectant/distilled water mix did it's magic for sure. Won't leave it as long till the next cleaning though!

Comment

I waited 2+ years before cleaning the Project Orange Horizon and was also surprised to see that it was so clean. Even the inside of the white fittings didn't turn orange-ish
            Orange Horizon (Parvum Systems S2, i5-4690K, GTX 780TI, 16GB CL9, 500GB, Custom Loop)

Comment

I waited 2+ years before cleaning the Project Orange Horizon and was also surprised to see that it was so clean. Even the inside of the white fittings didn't turn orange-ish
              Gonna have to consider the Mayhems coolant in the next build or rebuild. Did the orange pastel still look good when you drained it after that length of time?

Comment

Originally posted by wattermain View Post

Gonna have to consider the Mayhems coolant in the next build or rebuild. Did the orange pastel still look good when you drained it after that length of time?
                It was still orange, but it was darker.

The only photo I think I posted online is: https://www.instagram.com/p/BZ8-Ybkg...en-by=maximenb

Comment

It was still orange, but it was darker.

The only photo I think I posted online is: https://www.instagram.com/p/BZ8-Ybkg...en-by=maximenb
                  Still looked good for that amount of time. And still one of the best looking builds out there.

Comment

Nice job cleaning. If I ever plan a post-apocalyptic build...

What tubing were you running with this? I had residue like that in my blocks when using Primochill Advanced LRT with Dazprotect/distilled. The next build I did, I mixed the Dazprotect weaker and used different tubing (Mayhems white absorbent) and no issues with that so far.

Comment

Back in the day I used to run Swiftech Hydrx for years with clear vinyl tubing from Home Depot

Comment

Originally posted by Grinder View Post
                        Nice job cleaning. If I ever plan a post-apocalyptic build...

What tubing were you running with this? I had residue like that in my blocks when using Primochill Advanced LRT with Dazprotect/distilled. The next build I did, I mixed the Dazprotect weaker and used different tubing (Mayhems white absorbent) and no issues with that so far.

Thanks Grinder. I used Primochill petg in that build. Still have a few sticks of it left so probably use it and the Monsoon fittings again.

It's not the best looking tubing but maybe it can be used behind the midplate or somewhere like that. If I still have the residue at the next teardown, will just move on to acrylic.

Comment

This is sick man. I like seeing mods with older hardware, forces you to be more creative.
                          Sponsors: Thermaltake, TTesports, Apacer

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009118150299

https://twitter.com/EZgunna82

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYK...nTKQoIX-sPI1UA

http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/

http://community.thermaltake.com//

Comment

Working...
                          X