Project NoName

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project NoName

So Im going to try to start a build log here. Ive been building high end PC's for over 20 years and up to this point have done mild modding both for my workstations and my clients. By day I am a 3D technical animator and VFX artist and in my 'off time' for lack of better words I am a photographer as well. So with those I need a crapton of power and in the past my workstations have looked good enough to be on the desktop but just. I want to push my limits as hard as I push the computers and so here we go lol, I dont have a name yet for this one and lot of parts are yet to be announced, some parts are being reused from older builds:
    Main Components (so far lol) :

Case - CoolerMaster H500P Mesh White
    CPU - AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2990WX
    Motherboard - TBD
    Memory - 32GB 8*4 - GSkill Trident RGB 3866
    GPU's - ASUS GeForce GTX 1080Ti
    SSD - Samsung M.2 970Pro 500GB
    PSU - Corsair HX1000i

Watercooling Components:

CPU Block - HEATKILLER IV PRO for Threadripper ACRYL NICKEL-BLACK (hopefully)
    Radiators - TBD - Either 360 or 280
    Pump/Top Combo - DCC Pump with Phanteks Glacier R220
    Fittings - TBD
    Tubing - TBD
    Coolant - TBD - Im looking for a milky white sort of fluid (suggestions?)

Miscellaneous:

Lighting - Corsair RGB Pro Strips
    Fans - 6x Corsair LL140 RGB Fans (so far)
    Cables - Cablemod Pro Custom Sleeved Cables

Ill Add some shots below of some of the gear so far.

Thanks.
    BTW feel free to shoot any advice over, I have think skin and not easily offended and always open to learning from other people that have actual experience

Cheers,
    -dave

Going to try to add some photos:

Here is the main focus for me lol:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ryzen-TR01-sm.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	126.2 KB
ID:	83939

Name:	Ryzen-TR02-sm.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	139.9 KB
ID:	83941

I did have 64gb RAM in another render slave but decided to try it on 32 and its been running fine so Ill be using this for the new box

Name:	Gskill-sm.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	83942

I was a little under the influence lol when I saw this one and ordered it, I dont regret it as its freaking solid and transmits light very well also. Im looking forward to building with this and maybe polishing it up more myself while I wait on the remaining parts. BTW the left photo I had a green studio gel over the light to see how it would look...

Name:	Phanteks R220 whiteNgreen-sm.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	83943

Cheers,
    -dave
    Attached Files

Comment

Nice components, sounds like you have the experience and the interest to make it awesome. Do you mean the other left?

Comment

LOL yes I did mean the other left

Thanks for the comment, Im crossing my fingers that it will be awesome. I did just get finished swapping the 1950X for the 2990WX because well Im impatient and wanted to take it for a spin. I added to the render farm on a current job and compared to the 1920X and 1950X its OMG Fast! Almost rendering faster than the other two combined and not overclocked yet haha

Comment

u mentioned u wanted a milky white fluid, I have used ice dragon for allot of years with 0 problems, Daz sells it
          Blackout
          Something-New
          Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Originally posted by nass View Post
            u mentioned u wanted a milky white fluid, I have used ice dragon for allot of years with 0 problems, Daz sells it
            Cool beans, thanks Nass Ill have a look for it.
            -dave

Comment

Well I can tell you that the 3866 MHz Memory kit you have is not going to be running at it's native speed. Memory controller on Ryzen isn't good enough at the moment to run those kind of frequencies.

Comment

Yes I know it wont run at that speed, it was gifted to me by a good friend and decided to use it instead of buying new sticks.

Comment

Well, Finally pulled the trigger on hopefully all the water cooling gear Ill need, Ill be anxiously awaiting its arrival lol.

Comment

be carefull, is addictive
                    Blackout
                    Something-New
                    Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Originally posted by nass View Post
                      be carefull, is addictive
                      LOL yes Im finding that out quickly, might model it all up in 3D first to plan everything out and spend hundreds on it rather than thousands

Comment

So so far the build is complete but I had to rush through a bit as I needed it up and running for work and a few other things got in the way of building but here is tentatively named "Deep Blue" so far:

Main Components (so far lol) :

Case - CoolerMaster H500P Mesh White
                        CPU - AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2990WX
                        Motherboard - ASUS STRIX X399-E Gaming - (will be swapping it to a Gigabyte AORUS Gaming 7 as Gigabyte's lighting control esp for Addressable LED is superior to ASUS AURA)
                        Memory - 32GB 8*4 - GSkill Trident RGB 3866
                        GPU's - ASUS GeForce GTX 1080Ti and ASUS Strix 980
                        SSD - Samsung M.2 970Pro 500GB
                        PSU - Corsair HX1000i

Watercooling Components:

CPU Block - HEATKILLER IV PRO for Threadripper ACRYL NICKEL-BLACK
                        Radiators - EKWB SE 280mm Rad in Top and EKWB CE 420 in the Front (the 420mm Rad was easier to fit than I thought)
                        Pump/Top Combo - DCC Pump with Phanteks Glacier R220
                        Fittings - combination of Bitspower and Darkside
                        Tubing - 12mm Bitspower Crystal Link Acrylic clear
                        Coolant - EKWB EK-CRYOFUEL Navy Blue premix ( Im still hesitant on the opaque white because of sediment and the filter Im using but might look at IceDragon or the new EK white fluid and maybe make a desktop test for both)

Miscellaneous:

Lighting - Corsair RGB Pro Strips
                        Fans - 6x Corsair LL140 RGB Fans and 3 NZXT AER-P 140mm fans as pull on the 420mm Rad)
                        Cables - Cablemod Pro Custom Sleeved Cables

So its been a while and trying to figure out all the needed parts and running a couple small test loops but below is the results so far which I think may change and maybe a lot at that. When I ordered the 420mm rad I was seriously scared when the box came as it was huge but thankfully the measurements I took earlier were good and it fit with just a little modification.

Ill be attaching photos shortly of the build.

Also Im currently using AIDA64 to monitor temps and the pump in case of failure and it will shut down the PC if the pump fails or the temps go over my specified temp but Im curious what others are using if anything to monitor their riggs in case of high temps or pump failure. I am mainly worried about pump failure and this is the easiest and cheapest solution Ive found so far. I would like to hear others thoughts and advice.

Cheers,
                        -dave

Comment

Here are the photos from start to finish, I wish I had more but trying to fit that Phanteks Rez in the case was the biggest struggle and Im seriously considering on replacing it most likely with a Heatkiller Rez and maybe use this one in my Define R6 as it has the depth to handle the odd size of the Rez.

Comment

I can only upload 5 at a time..

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X