Project - MAX-Overdrive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bartacus View Post
    I see purple! I like it! I'm starting to dislike Phanteks too. Haven't heard a good thing about their support, or their new gear.
    Thanks man! I like the purple too lol. Ill post a sample shortly of the wiring Im working on too I think its dam sexy!

Yes I have dealt with Phanteks support on 3 different occasions and each time even though I am quite pleasant in my initial requests/communications, they have basically acted like ignorant and or arrogant asshats. For me personally I generally don't reach it to three chances but now that I have I am so done with them. Thankfully the only major things I have that's Phanteks is my reservoir that is in Tesla at the moment but maybe not for long as thanks to the problems with Phanteks I don't even want to look at it so I might give it to my boy for when I manage to start his rig, or just outright sell it. I might still cover the chrome side plates on the waterblock with the carbon fiber I have here or make new plates that are covered in the carbon fiber which might be a better option and call it done lol. They have zero structural influence on the block and are purely cosmetic.
    Cheers,
    -dave

Comment

It was totally my fault for rushing to buy parts and not taking measurements and looking at things closer but thanks to me preferring 140mm fans over 120mm, the Barrow waterway plate I bought is being a total pain in the a** and technically not compatible at all with 140mm fans and radiators if it was about 20cm narrower or the top fill port wasn't on the extreme right side, it would have been a far easier build and I most likely would have been done by now.

I'm having to mod far more of the case than I wanted to at the moment which has me very frustrated but going to make it as clean as my patients will allow at the moment haha and plan to tear it down in the coming months and most likely rebuild it again... or just get another possibly larger case like the Corsair 1000D or most likely the TT View91.

I do need to find a couple sheets of cast acrylic which has turned out to be a total pain in the ass as everywhere Ive looked locally only has extruded acrylic and that stuff is a serious pain in the butt to cut with any kind of saw or even drill... the only place I found locally has great pricing but they only sell 4 foot by 8 foot sheets of it and that's way to much for what I need at the moment.

Anyway back to building, I'm not sure why there are broken images above, Ill have to look later to see what is up with that. And Ill try to get some build pics posted tonight, Ive probably not taken as many as I should but there are 'some' haha.
      Cheers.

Comment

Mhh distro plates... it will look good! Keep it up!

Comment

Originally posted by Seboo View Post
          Mhh distro plates... it will look good! Keep it up!
          Thanks Seboo, I have my fingers crossed but might end up either polishing the top plate as I am not a fan of the frosted or I have some 6mm thick clear acrylic and might make my own top for it which might be better as I can drill and tap only the holes I need and can adjust where they are too

Its coming along. The tubing and such is done and actually filled at the moment but I'm hating the EK solid purple in this build, although it is 'purple' I prefer a purple a little closer to the blue end of the colour spectrum unlike the EK one that is almost pink-ish to my eyes. So unfortunately I'm going to drain, flush and refill with a custom clear purple Ill mix with some dyes I have here. and I also don't have enough of the purple, I didn't expect it to take just shy of 2L of coolant O_O Anyway photos to hopefully follow in the next day or so...

Comment

Update: I fixed the images *hopefully* from the previous post about the GPU block.

Ive often been told that I have the worst luck most people have ever seen and I proved it yet again last night. Ive got Max at about 80% to 90% complete and was taking some photos last night and near the end of shooting after the rig had been running for a while most of the LED's in the EK Velocity block started to grow dim and then out completely. I emailed EK thinking that I might be able to get a replacement D-RGB ring for the block but of course that is a hard no because I didn't buy it directly from them. I'm starting to get tired of this shit and slowly scratching out specific brands like Phanteks that have zero support and most likely EK now. Yea I'm a little or should I say a LOT on the pissed side but the LED's should have lasted more than a day, and there is nothing wrong with the D-RGB header it was plugged in to as I had a Bitspower flow meter with a D-RGB ring on it that was on the same header and it is still running fine. I might end up buying a replacement D-RGB ring for the EK CPU block and sell it or just sell it as is but Ill probably change it out for something else like Bitspower as Ive dealt with their support a couple times and had little to no hassle with them. Anyway Ill post a couple photos from last night that I took. They arnt great as the lighting was a pain in the ass and had the LED's on white for most of it as the purple was causing havoc on the camera trying to shoot it. Hopefully IF/when I get it done Ill do a proper shoot with it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	391A2815.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	158.6 KB
ID:	87298 Click image for larger version

Name:	391A2839.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	119.3 KB
ID:	87299 Click image for larger version

Name:	391A2828-2.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	87300
            Attached Files

Comment

And More...

Name:	391A2861.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	184.4 KB
ID:	87302 Click image for larger version

Name:	391A2877.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	143.6 KB
ID:	87303 Click image for larger version

Name:	391A2845.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	130.1 KB
ID:	87304 Click image for larger version

Name:	391A2848.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	162.2 KB
ID:	87305 Click image for larger version

Name:	391A2869.jpg
Size:	154.0 KB
ID:	87306

Comment

And Finally... The last image I turned the lighting to purple as it is supposed to be but like I mention before it is a pain to shoot when its purple...

Name:	391A2878.jpg
Size:	123.0 KB
ID:	87308 Click image for larger version

Name:	391A2887.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	152.6 KB
ID:	87309 Click image for larger version

Name:	391A2890.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	177.7 KB
ID:	87310

Comment

Mighty fine looking build dknourek. One of those builds that every time you look at it, you see something you didn’t notice before. Love it.
                  The SLOB : A 3570K Build
                  Down & Out : A 2600K Build
                  V-353 : A 4770K Build

Comment

Thanks wattermain glad you like it.

By the looks of it I may be buying a new CPU block as EKW is not willing to warranty the failed LED's and want 30Euros! Plus shipping and duty of course for a new LED ring for it. Screw that! So it will probably be for sale eventually once I get a replacement in there. Most likely Heatkiller or Bitspower...

Sry if I seem a bit cranky, between EK pissing me off and loosing a long time very close friend today I am not in the best of moods.

Comment

Great looking build sir. The purples is looking sharp.
                      How was the distro plate mounting/tubing experience?

Sorry for your loss, sincere condolences.

Comment

Thanks Seboo ,

I think if I had been running 120mm fans and radiators it would have been far easier but I had to modify the case a fair bit to accommodate the waterway. I'm still not happy with the modifications but I'm close to done at the moment as I need it running for my work. For the most part the waterway seems well built and I do like it for the most part but will do far more reading next time as if they only support rigs running 120mm cooling gear then Ill either design and build my own or go with traditional reservoirs.

Ive since added a touch more red to the loop to bring it more in line with the same purple as the sleeving.

Comment

Damn, condolences bud, that's a rough one. But the build looks amazing! Great shots!! I can't make my DSLR do anything NEAR that, and I know the bloody thing COULD, if the fool operating it would learn to use it! Color looks pretty sweet to me. Purple is so darn tricky to photograph and capture how it actually looks to the eye IRL.

Comment

Thanks Bartacus

It was a bit of a pain to shoot but this one was with no studio lights, purely just the lighting in the room and the lighting in the case. On most of the shots there is a fair bit of tweaking the shadows/highlights in Lightroom along with the actual white balance temp, which I found that with the purple it looked better when I cranked up the image white balance temp to 8000K to 9000K depending on the rest of the image. When I'm ready to shoot it I will set up proper studio lights and maybe a purple jell on one of the rear key lights might look cool lol.

I may yet change this one to an orange colour as I built another rig that was mainly white and orange and I really liked it but that wouldn't happen for quite some time as I would have far too much to change lol.

Thanks again everyone for your kind words and comments.

Comment

Amazing photography!
                              __________________________________________________
                              Retro Build: Build Log,
                              Baby Blue Build: Build Log,
                              Green Lanten Build: Build Log,
                              Sentinel Build: Build Log,
                              Venom Build: Build Log,
                              Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
                              Orange Build: Final Video
                              HTPC Build: Final Video
                              __________________________________________________

Comment

Originally posted by DazMode View Post
                                Amazing photography!
                                lol thanks Daz for your kind words. I'm hoping that the next set are better

I ran in to a roadblock with the Aquacomputer Quadro and Farbwerk 360 where they have the bloody Molex power connectors coming straight out of them and the connectors take up too much room and enough that I cant get the door to close completely. Going to unfortunately have to move them which sux as I've already done a tone of cable management I've looked but can not find low profile Molex power connectors. I also thought of using a combination of a lot of shrink tube and a lot of luck to bypass the connector all together and go with just the pins wrapped in shrink tube but with my luck I would short everything out and fry the entire system, so have to probably spend the time and move a crap load of wiring EFF!

Just thinking now though, maybe I can 'mod' the connectors... stay tuned lol

Comment

Working...
                                X