No announcement yet.

Project - MAX-Overdrive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahhh molex, the most hated of all connectors. I feel your pain! I despise those stupid things, can't believe we haven't migrated to a better standard yet! My hatred of those things runs so deep I'd swear I was raped by them.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartacus View Post
      Ahhh molex, the most hated of all connectors. I feel your pain! I despise those stupid things, can't believe we haven't migrated to a better standard yet! My hatred of those things runs so deep I'd swear I was raped by them.
      LOL I am right there with you and going to be replacing every Molex plug I can find with SATA. Unfortunately the connectors are hardwired on to the Aquacomputer devices but I'm seriously considering on desoldering them and removing the Molex connector from the boards and solder back on a SATA power connector with a short set of wires coming off of it.

Im more pissed that I didn't realize earlier in the build that they would interfere with the back door/window lol.

Comment

Currently working on V2.0 designs lol. This time focusing on a mod for the waterway plate and cable management, especially in the back of the case as there is a billion wires back there and although it looks "OK" at the moment, it is bothering me a lot, even though I can not see it.

I did get bored though and make a personalized GIF for the OLED display on the motherboard and oddly enough being an animator for 29-ish years I only really once delved in to making animated GIF's and it was pretty easy. So combining my love of sharks with the name was fun but I think it turned out ok

Going to figure out if I can create something a fair bit more complex and convert it to GIF and see if it holds up on the motherboard OLED screen. You would think with today's advancements that they could put in an full colour OLED and not a shitty little black and white one that looks to be pure black and white with no shades of grey in between. Oh well its kinda fun and just one more thing I can MOD Ill attach the GIF I created for the heck of it.

Sorry I'm bored waiting for a render to finish and my thoughts are running wild and you poor souls are stuck with my ramblings lol.

I did come to a funny conclusion that the name of this computer Max-OverDrive can be broken down to just MOD which is kinda ironic lol

Oh and I may use Alphacool in my next build. Probably not in my current MOD rig, but I found on their site that they provide very nice 3D models of most of their products which I can then design the next one in the computer much easier and keep altering it till I really like it and THEN start building which will save a crap load of cash haha. I'm already doing that to a degree but its a pain in the butt to model everything from scratch.

Anyway I have to get back to work, my day has already gone sideways lol but I hope everyone else is having a great day!
        Cheers,
        -dave

Comment

Working...
        X