Overkill HTPC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overkill HTPC

HTPC is 5+ years old and needs to be replaced, wanted something i could play some racing games on and maybe LAN with if needed. Have most parts here, with some still on their way:

Raijintek Ophion EVO
    Dell 1080 with EVGA Hrydro copper block GPU
    Asus ROG Strix 470i MOBO
    Ryzen 2700x CPU
    32g DDR4 vengeance Ram
    Silverstone SX800-LTI PSU
    WD Black 250GB M2 SSD
    2x Barracuda 2.5" 5TB HD
    Alpacool Eisbaer LT CPU Block/Pump combo to save room
    Mixed EK and Bitspower Cooling

Should be interesting as this is quite a small build for me. Going with PETG as that is what i used for my big build and had no issues with it. Will update with pictures as it comes together.

Tight fit.
    Attached Files

Comment

Looks good so far.
      Gonna be a challenge.
      Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
      OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
      Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

I use to watercool shuttle pc's years ago but we would do it externally, corsair used to make a unit just for that all being off topic, looks like a cool challenge as Hooded mentioned. Am in to see how it comes about.
        Blackout
        Something-New
        Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Going to be a squeeze for sure:

For perspective:

Comment

Not much of an update just yet. EVGA hydro block wouldn't fit with fans and Rad, purchased a used EK block, didn't have the DVI cut out, had to swap with my buddy who had just rebuilt his loop. nice to have good friends!

Comment

All wrapped up.

Comment

Nice job! Some of the tube bends looked like they would have been a lot of fun and by fun I mean the exact opposite haha

Comment

Originally posted by dknourek View Post
                  Nice job! Some of the tube bends looked like they would have been a lot of fun and by fun I mean the exact opposite haha
                  My SMA8 was much easier. There are some bends in this that do not look great if you get close, but it wasn't enough to re bend. Issue I had was with bends too close together, the second bend would cause the first to let go when heated and I wasn't interested in building a jig to hold it.

Also realized after the fact that the pump is running reverse. Originally had the loop continue from the GPU to the top res port, but that is where the air would sit, hence the odd extension at the top of the res.

Comment

Originally posted by Overkill View Post

My SMA8 was much easier. There are some bends in this that do not look great if you get close, but it wasn't enough to re bend. Issue I had was with bends too close together, the second bend would cause the first to let go when heated and I wasn't interested in building a jig to hold it.

Also realized after the fact that the pump is running reverse. Originally had the loop continue from the GPU to the top res port, but that is where the air would sit, hence the odd extension at the top of the res.
                    Ah, I see. i had to do similar to a recent build with adding an extension to the top of a res. Bummer about the pump though, looks good either way

Ive run into the problem of bends being too close and near impossible to bend, Ive still not found a good solution other than setting up a jig which is a pain in its self lol.

Comment

Working...
                    X