No announcement yet.

Down and Out : Build Log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats too bad about the tape but it worked out better in the end IMO.

Thanks much also for the great explanation on cutting and drilling the aluminum, it is a huge help.

Cheers,
    -dave

Comment

Hey dknourek, thanks for the comments.

The rear panel is finished and attached to the frame.

The time has come to work on a panel for the top of the case. The case comes with a magnetic filter that covers all of the slots and holes, but I think it will look better with a new cover.

You might be able to see the dust particles that are stuck to the adhesive on the magnetic tape. Once something falls into the holes of the mesh and sticks to that tape, it is not coming back out of there....ever...unless you change the magnetic tape. The aluminum angle and the flat bar that are attached to the underside of the top have been drilled and tapped to accept the 3mm screws that will hold down the new cover. Used the angle on the window side in case a light strip can be mounted there.

Re-installed the motherboard backplate. It's on lot easier working in there with the top of the case removed.

Cut some material off the bottom of the plate to expose the two holes that the sata cables could possibly pass through. They were originally cable management clips that were punched into the midplate. Cut off the piece that holds the cable tie and you end up with a giant hole. Not bad if you need to make a hole but they they don't look very good when they are punched all over the place.

Mounted the motherboard. Here you can see the room that was gained by moving the fans around to the front of the rad.

The plumbing on the motherboard is complete.Managed to get a couple of inches of tubing in there.

The pump speed controls will be accessible through the front opening. I was hoping to be able to remove the pumps through this opening but it's not possible unless you remove a lot more sheet metal'

The next job to do before the top goes back on will be to fab up a bracket to hold the reservoirs to the rad.

The SLOB : A 3570K Build
      Down & Out : A 2600K Build
      V-353 : A 4770K Build

Comment

Lookin Lovely bro!
        Sponsors: Thermaltake, TTesports, Apacer

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009118150299

https://twitter.com/EZgunna82

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYK...nTKQoIX-sPI1UA

http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/

http://community.thermaltake.com//

Comment

Some very nice modding going on here ! Keep up the great work.
          3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Hey EZ, Hey gdesmo. Thanks very much for your kind words. I was trying to do a multiple quote reply, but I seem to have lost that ability. Probably just need retraining.

Comment

Finished fabbing the reservoir support bracket.

Since each reservoir sits directly on top of the pump top, the bracket is only for lateral support. Had to deal with a slight issue with the Bitspower reservoirs,

The reservoir that I just got is a few millimeters shorter than my original one. There are adjustable extensions between the reservoir and the pump top, so it is possible to line up the tops of the reservoirs. Put two o-rings on the extension to keep the weight of the reservoir from compressing it. I've heard of Aquacomputer glass tubes having length differences but not Bitpower.

Finished mounting the reservoirs. Used whatever fittings I had laying around just to keep them honest.

Now it's time to put the top back on the case and do some tubing.

Comment

Looks like a lot of work went into the lateral support of the reservoir. I love how precise the build is. Looking great!

Comment

I couldn't agree more with you Seboo , the craftsmanship is top notch!

Comment

Thanks guys. Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner but I was called away by the real world. Managed to get a bit of stuff done over the past week. Every G1/4 port on this EK rad is not straight so this tube that returns to the reservoir had to be bent 95+ degrees.

Even after dropping the motherboard two slots down it is still a tight fit for the fan headers and EATX12V connector. No sleaving going on here.

So just need some more fittings to finish the loops and then.........will probably need some more fittings.

Comment

That is a crazy tight fit at the top! That kinda sux about the ports on the rad but you still made it look great!

-dave

Comment

Awesome aluminum parts
                        Hugues P
                        nothing else...

Comment

90-bends are impecable.
                          Sentinel Build: Build Log,
                          Venom Build: Build Log,
                          Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
                          Orange Build: Final Video
                          HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Thanks everyone for your comments. I find the petg tubing is not very good looking (up close you can see the extrusion lines or whatever in the wall of the tube) but to me it sure seems to be easier to bend than acrylic. No idea how guys get that acrylic bent so nice.

Comment

Looking good!
                              Excellent work.
                              Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
                              OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
                              Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Working...
                              X