Project - Tesla (3D Render Slave)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project - Tesla (3D Render Slave)

So Max-Overdrive is going to take longer than I would like as I'm having a hell of a time trying to figure out how I want the hard tubing to run and having to build 2 other systems along with it isn't helping so I'm going to take care of those first and a little on Max here and there. In the meantime here is Tesla, one of my render slaves getting the water cooling treatment as it was on air running a 1920X Threadripper but now has a shiny new 2990WX so its running a wee bit hotter lol. Anyway its not going to be anything spectacular as I cant have it down very long as I need it for work...

Main Components :

Case - Fractal Design R6
    CPU - AMD Threadripper 2990WX
    Motherboard - ASUS X399 Prime
    Memory - 32GB 8*4 - Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200mhz
    GPU - AMD Radeon HD 7970 Black Edition (video card isn't really important in a render slave)
    SSD - Seagate 600 - 240GB SSD
    PSU - Corsair HX1000i

Watercooling Components:

CPU Block -HEATKILLER® IV PRO for Threadripper™ ACRYL NICKEL-BLACK
    Radiators - (1x) EK CoolStream CE 280
    Pump/Top Combo - DDC PWM pump mounted to reservoir
    Fittings - Mix of Darkside and Bitspower
    Tubing - Acrylic Bitspower 12mm OD Hard Tube
    Coolant - EK Cryofuel Solid - Electric Purple
    Reservoir - Phanteks Glacier 220 Reservoir (Honestly I hate this res and will be changing it I hope for a Heatkiller tube res when I can afford it)

Miscellaneous:

Lighting - Corsair RGB Pro Strips
    Fans - 5x NZXT AER RGB fans - 2x NZXT 140mm black fans (not sure of model ATM)
    Cables - Currently stock cables but Hopefully custom sleeved by me, still working on a pattern/colours and sleeving to come in.

Thats it for now, Ill post pics in the next short while when I get working on it

This one like Max has been fairly troublesome to say the least but hopefully next weekend or shortly after Ill be able to get that one built too.

Comment

Good to see Fractal case build.
      Sentinel Build: Build Log,
      Venom Build: Build Log,
      Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
      Orange Build: Final Video
      HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Originally posted by DazMode View Post
        Good to see Fractal case build.
        Thanks Daz, I actually don't mind the Define - R6, it has a great amount of room in it and is built quite well. Normally I like mostly full/super towers and a couple mid towers as I like the extra room but this one is fairly nice to work in being that it is deeper than your average mid tower so it can fit a fairly descent water cooling setup as well. I have quite a bit of the EK solid purple left so I think that one is going to be using that and Ill cross my fingers the milkshake holds up haha.

I was also surprised by the In-Win 101 chassis, that one too really surprised me and it is quite a small case but was quite nice to build in as well. I could really tell that quality is high on In-Win's priorities. It was definitely too small for my liking but was for a client so it was all good

hopefully Ill have an entry or two for May's BOTM

-dave

Comment

Working...
        X