No announcement yet.

The Backup Build, Radeon VII content

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea its quite hard to get a nice purple with RGB and ARGB LED's and especially with controllers that you cant tweak the colours. The purple on the preset ones almost always looks pink to me. One of the reasons I'm considering switching to orange in mine lol.

Comment

Well Barrow does have an RGB controller that looks pretty interesting, and "wide ranging", and also has Aura connectivity. But Daz doesn't carry it yet. Performance PCs in the USA does though, and I may pick that up. I just wish I could source my own RGB LED PCBs for some consistency.

Comment

Is the controller you mention the Barrow LRC 2.0? If so, it is the same one Daz has as well.

I have the Barrow LRC 2.0, Fractal Design D-RGB controller, XSPC D-RGB controller, Bitspower D-RGB controller, Corsair Commander Pro, Aqua Computer Splitty4, Quadro and Farbwerk 360 RGBpx Controllers, I also tried the Cooler Master one and it was by far the worst controller ever. Since most are relatively cheep I had ordered and tested a few, so far for preset controllers I prefer the Fractal Design D-RGB controller as its one of the few that actually has an orange, most others have what they call yellow but usually has way too much green in it. I do also love the Aquacomputer RGBpx stuff but I don't think its compatible with regular RGB except for the Splitty4 that has connectors for Corsair and NZXT fans/strips and that works great too.

I would like to find one that I can control with software and tweak my own colours. My new rig "Max-Overdrive" is a combination between the Barrow LRC 2.0 (on Waterway plate), Corsair and Aquacomputer for fan control and lighting and the software so far plays nice with each other. Anyway I don't want to hijack this thread any more than I have. My apologies Bartacus

Comment

LRC 2.0 is Barrow's standard naming convention for their RGB flavour, not the name of the controller itself. I was eyeing this one:

http://www.performance-pcs.com/barro...board-rgb.html

The Barrow model number is: DK301-16. I don't think the controllers are the problem, it's more the variety of RGB LEDs. EK uses different ones than Barrow. I have an EK monoblock in my main rig, and I also have the Barrow Boxfish reservoir. Both LED strips are controlled by Aura, both display different colors when set to purple (EK is more on the blue end of the purple spectrum, where Barrow is more on the pink side). It's the inconsistency in the actual LEDs themselves that give us fits.

Comment

Ok Sorry I was thinking of addressable LED controller. I hear you on the differences in colour, its a real PITA lol

Comment

Bart how do you like that flow meter? I am thinking of getting 2 for my rebuild this summer
              Asus Rampage IV Extreme | Intel i7 3930K | Crucial 4x4Gb | OCZ Vertex 3 MaxIOPS 240GB | WD Velociraptor 1TB | AMD r9 290 Crossfire | Win8.1 Pro 64 | EK-Supremacy | 2 x Alphacool XT45 360 | EK - FC290 | 2x Liang DDC 3.25 | Koolance RP - 401X2 | Case Labs M8 |

Comment

Originally posted by drkCrix View Post
                Bart how do you like that flow meter? I am thinking of getting 2 for my rebuild this summer
                I love em, bought three, LOL! No idea if the numbers are accurate though. My old Koolance meters read WAY lower (ie 2.7lpm for a single D5, where the Barrow ones read 5-6lpm for the same pump). Not sure if that means anything, but their great little toys, and you can run them off a 3-pin fan header, so no bloody molex connectors like the Koolance ones (WOOHOO!).

Comment

Glad to hear it. I was going to grab one but they are sold out all of a sudden on Daz's store. Oh well Ill wait till next order.

Comment

Same, I think I will grab 2 and maybe 2 of the temp sensors too
                    Asus Rampage IV Extreme | Intel i7 3930K | Crucial 4x4Gb | OCZ Vertex 3 MaxIOPS 240GB | WD Velociraptor 1TB | AMD r9 290 Crossfire | Win8.1 Pro 64 | EK-Supremacy | 2 x Alphacool XT45 360 | EK - FC290 | 2x Liang DDC 3.25 | Koolance RP - 401X2 | Case Labs M8 |

Comment

Working...
                    X