Processor, a glorious 3950x
    waterblock for the 5700xt
    And the Aqua with the monoblock removed
    Attached Files

Comment

5700xt with the shroud removed
      Attached Files

Comment

Back side, lots of cable management left to do...

Monoblock back on with the 3950x snug underneath

And in the case!

Now... The D140 plate is a headache. It's supposed to be used in parallel. Any thoughts on that? I was going to go serial but the manual seems to imply I can't. Or at least should not.
        Attached Files

Comment

Loop planning and measuring, and source of headache.
          Attached Files

Comment

Ahh the joy / pain of figuring out those tube runs. I bet every one of us water coolers has a box of old pieces of used tube just for this purpose, LOL! I think I'd stick to serial in a situation like this, at least to get a baseline and make sure everything performs as it's supposed to. And also to get some numbers, generate some heat, etc. Once you have a feel for how it performs, and have some performance metrics, you can change to parallel later on and note the differences. Just my $0.02.

Comment

Well, I got relatively far...

But I was not happy with the tube runs, didn't like the RPM wheel, and then disaster struck.
              Attached Files

Comment

The disaster?

The 5700xt won't work. I thought it was a problem with the PCI riser cable, it isn't that. Tried different slots, isn't that. Thought maybe the screws holding down the block were too tight as I recall that was an issue on the 290x cards. Wasn't that.

It's a dead card now. No display output. So I cobbled together my old system and its running now.

I ordered new tubing from Daz as the only good bends I did are the ones to the motherboard block.

This is the most expensive, and most difficult build, and the most frustrating I have ever done.

Comment

Oh man, that really bites, sorry to hear it bud. Did it ever work at all before the block was put on? Or did you pull a Bart and just block the card without testing it first?

Comment

The card had been in my old system since October running the reference cooler until last week. Definitely something I did wrong when I installed the block.

Comment

Check if cabling is good. If you use extensions, connect original PSU wires.
                      Sentinel Build: Build Log,
                      Venom Build: Build Log,
                      Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
                      Orange Build: Final Video
                      HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Hello Daz

I did not use extensions, I have a modular PSU so I used the other set of PCI power cables, no difference. And when I briefly put the GTX 970 in the system to see if it worked, it worked fine.

I ended up buying a liquid devil 5700xt and it will be here soon. Thanks to your fast shipment I should have all the parts I need to redo the loop and finish it by mid next week. Then this saga will finally be over. My wife made me promise that, barring any disasters I will not upgrade the PC for at least 2 years. The cost of the build is staggering. But its my only real hobby outside work.

I am contemplating putting the 5700xt water block on the buy and sell, It is fine. The card though, I just cannot figure out what went wrong.

Comment

Done, more or less.

Attached Files

Comment

Nice! I totally missed it for some reason! How are the temps on everything?

Comment

Wow. Very impressive. Looks very Nice.

Comment

Little question for you. Do you need to buy the bracket along with the riser cable to be abble to use the upper vertical gpu slot? I know the case come with a antisag and vertical bracket but from what i've seen, it looks like it only works with the lower slot. I have to build one for one of my client and dont want to order the extra bracket if i dont need it.

Comment

Working...
                                X