My 1st water cooled build - Teal City

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 1st water cooled build - Teal City

Hi guys, this was my first attempt at water cooling. And I decided I was not going to go soft tubing, wanted to go hard line first.

I had a very particular vision in mind. And once I saw the case and distribution plate available, I knew I had to make it.

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X
    CPU Block: Watercool's Heatkiller IV Darkside edition

Case: Lian Li o11
    Motherboard: ASRock x570 Taichi
    GPU: Rx 5700 xt
    GPU Block: EKWB Vector Acrylic + Nickel, EKWB Nickel Backplate
    Distribution plate: EKWB Lian Li O11-DPG1

Finally getting some tubing in. Had never done ANY water cooling before, so going straight to hard lines was fun.
    Radiators: 2x EKWB PE 360

Fans: 6x Noctua NF-P12 redux 120mm

I wanted to have fittings as the bends on the front side of the case as opposed to normal bent tubing.
    Purely personal choice.
    Acrylic tubing, 16mm OD

Freshly filled, not bled.
    Micro bubbles galore!
    I went with Liquid Mayhems Pastel White, hoping some LEDs can set the colour tone as opposed to dye.

Fully closed up after I finished my 24hr leak test. NO LEAKS ON MY FIRST BUILD.

Went with a teal colour scheme for the LEDs. It is NOT this aggressively vibrant IRL, lol.

I'm so happy with how it came out!

And Daz, thanks for having everything I could have possibly needed to make this happen.

Thanks for sharing. Nice to see that EK distro in action. Nicely done.

Sentinel Build: Build Log,
    Venom Build: Build Log,
    Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
    Orange Build: Final Video
    HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Nice looking build! And Congrats on a successful first WC build as well
      That new EK block does look very nice too! very well lit up!

Comment

Sweet build! I hope you manage to get rid of those micro-bubbles. I had zero luck with that on a distro plate recently, and switched back to a tube. Fingers crossed for ya, hoping you have better luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Bartacus View Post
          Sweet build! I hope you manage to get rid of those micro-bubbles. I had zero luck with that on a distro plate recently, and switched back to a tube. Fingers crossed for ya, hoping you have better luck!
          Yeah, all done now, no micro bubbles. Sooo many pump speed changes, tilts, leans, stress, everything. But in the end it worked, there's not a single tube or block with any kind of air in it.
          Don't think i'll ever be done modding this thing either, I got the taste and don't wanna stop now. lol.
          Already changed a couple of small things. Mainly cosmetic stuff like 180degree power clips for the GPU so the power cables neatly tuck away under it without having to curve around the tubing etc.
          It's small but it makes the case look so much cleaner..
          Wonder how much more time I can pump into this before the wife gets mad, lol.

Comment

Working...
          X