Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lian Li O11D ROG XL White. I need to find a name for it!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lian Li O11D ROG XL White. I need to find a name for it!?!

Hi all,

First off, I'm new to Dazmode. I came across it by accident. Firstly, THANKS and HELLO to all!! It's so nice to have a place to talk to guys from Canada as well as be able to buy water cooling parts here! Up to now, I've been buying everything from the US or Europe, so this is awesome!! Although I admit, I bought nothing but a couple of final fittings for this build from Dazmode, but only because I didn't know about it until now!!

I started my new build over the holidays. I didn't think I'd be posting, so I don't have many early pics to share.

The rig...

Lian Li O11D XL ROG White
    Corsair HX1000i Power Supply
    Intel i7-8700k
    Asus Z390 Maximus XI Formula
    G.Skill Trident Z Neo RGB 32GB (4x8GB 3200MHz (But CL14!)
    Asus ROG Strix 2080 ti 011G
    Samsung 1TB Evo 960 NVME M.2
    Samsung 1TB Evo 860 SSD HDD (x2)

The Loop stuff...

EK Quantum Vector RGB Strix 2080 ti water block with black acetyl backplate
    EK Velocity RGB CPU Block
    EK-XRES 140 Revo RGB Pump
    14mm od / 10mm id PET hard tube
    EK Torque HTC-14 fittings with blue colour rings
    EK Coolstream PE360 rads (x2)
    Corsair LL120 RGB fans with RGB hub (x6)
    EK Vardar EVO 120s (x3)

This is always my most worrying part. Taking the clothes off of an expensive videocard and voiding the warranty...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191228_160105.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	89873​​​​​​​​​

I removed the silver Velocity frame from the CPU waterblock and replaced it with a black one to match the theme of the rig. Monochrome black and white with blue accents (which will be the fluid colour too.) I've done the blood red, clear, puss green, etc. in the pas t, but wanted to do a cooler, aquatic look. I won't use solid colours any more. These really gum up the blocks and fittings in my experience and are a pain to clean. Just my personal opinion though.

Name:	IMG_20191229_141540.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	89874​​

For this loop, I decided to make no bends in the tubes this time. I wanted to try with these angled fittings, that I thought looked kind of techy and industrial.

I'm waiting for my extension adapter to arrive so I can finish off the CPU section.

Name:	IMG_20200105_150353.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	89875
    ​​
    Currently, I have the fans set up in a negative pressure setup. We'll see how it goes once it's set up. The LL120 fans are in push config, blowing air out the case at the top through the first rad and also out the bottom. Aesthetically, this way is better. We'll see if it creates an issue later. Obviously, it's best to have the bottom fans blowing air into the case. But with the LL120's flipped over, they don't look nearly as nice when using the RGB effects. However, these fans won't be turning fast. I don't think they'll have much need to down there, as they don't support a radiator. So hopefully the negative pressure won't be an issue.

I added a GPU support bracket today (a discrete one) as I wasn't liking the GPU sag I was seeing. This card is heavy with the waterblock. The only issue it causes is that it hides the clear underside of the GPU block, so you won't easily be able to see the "juice" inside. Oh well. I could have used a vertical GPU riser, but I didn't want to hide the mobo either, since it's quite sexy. <Note to anyone looking to buy the XL case, it does not come with the vertical riser like the smaller, Dynamic model case does.>

My reservoir is a bit short. I don't like the look much. I want a 150mm tall one that fits on the 140 REVO pump. EK only make a 100mm one that comes with it, or next up is 204mm. Which hits the top fans before the lid can even go on. Any suggestions to this, I'd love to hear!

The only soft tubing is the last 3 inches between the rad on the right and the top of the reservoir. I couldn't connect into the top of the lid with hard tubing due to it being a screw-cap, and alignment issues. Again a good sacrifice, as I really like the look of the pump input at the top, instead of running the tube in at the bottom.

Name:	IMG_20200105_150345.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	89876

On the back of the case I have my EK vardar fans pushing outside air through the rad to the prettier side.

I've started to manage the smaller cables. I've got most of the RGB cables out the way, and the fans plugged in. I always like to manage those skinny cables first as they're the first to bird's-nest up. As you can see, most of the other larger cables are tied back for the moment. They'll stay that way until I've finished the loop and leak tested it.

Name:	IMG_20200105_150522.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	89877​​​​​​​

I have to wait for the last couple of corners to arrive to complete the loop, then I'll fill it. I've also got cables coming that are light blue to match the liquid and accents, with black and white.

I'm going to need a name for it. Please help!

Please, give feedback and offer improvement suggestions. Let me know if you're interested in seeing progress and I'll post more as I go.
    Last edited by Candan; 01-07-2020, 04:01 AM.

All the pics have fallen off.

Fixed! Maybe?
    Last edited by Candan; 01-07-2020, 04:01 AM.

Comment

Is that a solo piece of flex tube? Or a really sick bend?
      HAF932 Mods
      C70 Mods

Comment

Nice to get pictures up. Looking good.
        Sentinel Build: Build Log,
        Venom Build: Build Log,
        Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
        Orange Build: Final Video
        HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

I like those fittings. I like them a lot. Very Nice

Comment