No announcement yet.

Project Gargantua

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah its definatelly big. Thats why i was gona call it Gargantua lol. But the temps are making it worth trully.

Comment

Well, it has been a great week-end for me. 1st, i finally sold Éléments of Anarchy seen in February BOTM. At 1st i had given it to a friend after making some changes to it. Then it came back to me when he found out how much it was worth. Then made a couple more changes and it finally left my home for 7500$ lol. Also, sold my 2 View 71TG before even putting them on sale haha. And finally, not 100% sure but might have someone for the big Monster haha. Yup good weekend. Now, another 10 days untill i get my new case and i will be abble to put what i have left for sell!

Comment

Congrats on your sale.
        Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
        OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
        Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Thanks! Next build will be much better on the eyes and hopefully i will have enough hardwares left to sell by the time i put them here in like 2 weeks! Still have the 20XT to sell along with watercooling parts.

Comment

Well... I finally received my new case today! I want to show it but it will have to wait a little because i have to put my project on hold. The reason being, i cancelled my z490 pre-order for now. I decided it wasn't worth upgrading from my 9900k to 10900. The performance increase is not big enough for over 2000$ i need to spend just for the board and cpu. Gota keep in mind i will be upgrading to 3080ti SLI when they come out and probably change my 64gb of 3600MHz for something better.

So yeah, i ordered my new z390 today and it will take 10 To 15 days before i receive it. Untill then i'm showing you guys other parts i've bought for my new gaming build. I should receive more parts from DazMode tomorrow or Friday. Also, once i receive them, i will finally put the 20XT along with à bunch of other parts on sale/trade.

Try to guess what is in the black thing on the picture!
            Click image for larger version

Name:	20200520_194312.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	90973

Comment

Looking forward to seeing what you put on sale

Comment

Well, i can definatelly say there will be the case but also, close to a full EK loop, a good amount of fittings and some other hardwares. Just waiting to have all the parts for my build to be abble to determine how many rads i will be abble to fit in there and if i will be going with a single pump or dual pump setup. Ordered my parts on the 19th. Was hoping to get them today but nope. Hopefully tomorrow!

Comment

Still waiting on my parts from DazMode shop so i cant start my new build yet but i tought i could share part of my theme. It will need to be reworked to remove the defects but it's just the begining. Once done i will draw it again on a cardboard, then cut it again and draw it on a plastic sheet, to be cut again and then inserted in my build. Could do it with one of my printer but both need to be repaired lol.. So yeah, everything will be handcrafted. There's also two other parts i need to draw and craft for my build but since i cant work on the build itself, it gives me enough time to work on this so everything will be ready for mounting once i get my parts.
                  Common Canada Post! Deliver me my packages already!!!! Click image for larger version

Name:	20200601_131921.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	91029

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200601_194609.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	91031

Comment

Very cool graphic. It will look awesome on the rig.
                      Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
                      OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
                      Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

That looks awesome, well done! Very cool looking!

Comment

Thanks guys. Cant wait to be abble to start that project. Thé wolf is on the cardboard now. Only need to trace it on the plastic and cut it again but havent decided if i will use pvc or acrylic. Both giving different effect. If you can visualize it, Thé white part on the paper will be the case and the black part will be the plastic sheet. It will give a great 3D effect on the one of the side panels. Then i have to make a different one for the front and psu shroud! If it goes the way i want, it will be one of the best final fantasy theme build around!

Comment

Well, i'm still waiting for my parts from DazMode, thanks to Canada Post, its been two weeks late now. I know i'm not the only one in this situation so no need to remind me.

Anyways, i got a good news today which made me forget, kinda, about the rest. I received my 1st part of my rig outside of the case hehe. Ordered it yesterday from Richmond Hill, Ontario. Delivered in one day from Purolator. Ironically, Purolator is owned by Canada Post lol! Better laugh about it than keep building rage.

Back to the subject, i received my motherboard. I've been thinking alot about it before taking my decision. First, i was going for a Maximus XI Formula but they are out of stock everywhere. Then tought about upgrading to I9 10900k and z490 Maximus XII Formula but meh. Not worth investing 2000$ yet. Will wait on 11th gen instead. Then decided to go with MSI MEG Godlike. Great board but all those features with the same 16 lanes is pointless and no igpu if you ever need to troubleshoot. So yup i went with this one on the picture. The metal like look on the i/o shield, m.2 heatsink and PCH looks really good. Feels really sturdy when you have it in your hands. The huge backplate on the back is really nice too. Everything is top notch. I've never been a Gigabyte's fan and always recommended Asus or Msi over these but i gota admit, i was really surprised on the 1st look. Cant wait to see how it performs! But it wont happend untill i receive all my stuff haha! Click image for larger version

Name:	20200603_124546.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	91037
                            Now, i havent received my cpu waterblock yet which was a EK Velocity plexi/nickel with D-RGB but i think i will give it to a friend or resell it and go with something more suited to fit this style like the newest Bitspower block or EK Velocity Strike black/Nickel. Not sure yet. I will decide once i have seen how the one i'm waiting for looks like.

Any thoughts about it? Or if anyone who has this set up vas share their experience maybe?

Comment

The Z390 Auros Master, very nice I've got two of them paired with 9900Ks and been liking them a lot. Functionally good boards that met my needs but two post-ownership complaints: Only one USB 3 header means I've had to choose which front ports to use and leave the other disabled. The other is how the RGB software treats all the RGB 12v headers as one zone so you can't have one doing colour A and the other doing colour B. Oh and I guess a general dislike of Gigabyte's RGB Fusion software but its the sort of thing you can setup the lighting and then unload the software until the next reboot.

Apart from those though yah it performs well, I haven't do anything terribly crazy with it, just a nice looking board with a very handsome set of features. In both cases I ended up chopping off a little bit of that backplate where the aux 2x8 pin lives so I could wiggle those cables back beneath it, but that was more of a limit of the thermaltake motherboard mounting plates I was working with then anything. Remember that removable plate the L20 XT had? The TT 900 uses the same one and I wanted to wedge the power in through that open space they give you behind the CPU's area there.

Btw the EK Velocity block looks really nice nestled in with that board's shrouding around the CPU:
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	2020-06-10 MB focused.jpg Views:	0 Size:	87.1 KB ID:	91080

The whole time I was wondering if I should aim more at like a Stargate sort of theme of hi-tech pharaohs and stuff, these boards just cry out for that sort of treatment as does their whole brand.
                              Last edited by BumpInTheNight; 06-10-2020, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Thanks for letting me know about these little things. I'm qas not to worried about the USB headers. Only need one for front i/o ports. I was fighting between this one and the msi ace because msi has 3 or 4 USB 2.0 dont remember, and this one only 2 ports but it wasnt going to be an issue since the fans were going to be controlled by 2 commander pro which nets me with 4 USB 2.0 in the end.

But i got another good news today. 1st i have to say this personnal build is actually going to be for my nephew. A present because he finally beat his leucemia for good after a very long fight of many years.First try, the cancer came back after 2 years but 2nd time was the good one. Anyways, the good news is, after hearing this story, my friend who owns à Microbytes here was really inspired and offered me a very very good deal for a 10th gen i9 and whichever board i want to use with it. So i dont know again which one will be going in there haha!

Another part that will be going in my selling list lol! from what i have heard and read, Asus is back in business with their new boards. I need to read more about each one to be sure of my choice. Dont want to give my nephew something cheap with bunch of issues.

One thing is sure, that master board really looks good with the Velocity block! Who knows, maybe i will just use that one lol! I will decide once i get my block i am still waiting for. Will only be abble to decide once i see it installed with my own eyes!

Comment

Working...
                                X