Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Danny79-Qc View Post
    But how you know they will all be x16?
    I redid my math too. I calculated that i may only need to cover 1000cad max for the upgrade to alderlake. I can resell my 5950x, x570 hero dark and 32gb ddr4 4000 for 1050-1100cad at that time. I just need to see how good alderlake really is.

Comment

• Originally posted by section31 View Post

I redid my math too. I calculated that i may only need to cover 1000cad max for the upgrade to alderlake. I can resell my 5950x, x570 hero dark and 32gb ddr4 4000 for 1050-1100cad at that time. I just need to see how good alderlake really is.
      Well, yeah as long as you don't wait to sell your parts. You know my opinion about next gen. First generation of new architecture is always a source of trouble. Bunch of bugs and glitches, instability and so on. I will personally be skipping this one as well and wait on the next one. Plus, TSMC and Samsung won't be done with increasing their factories before 2023 so prices and stocks will be an issue until they are done with that. With Intel gpu coming, I wonder what will be the impact on this...

Comment

• Edit: I need more UV strips!!!!
        Just a little teaser...
        Click image for larger version  Name:	20210819_172644.jpg Views:	0 Size:	53.1 KB ID:	94423
        Now bleeding air but far from done. Somethings messed up with the lighting so I gota undo all the cables.. that means all the cable management gone to waste...
        Fixed the LED strip of my bridge buy it broke again dammit. There's a flaw with how the wire comes out of inside the housing. Some arc shape breaks the strip each time. Still need to start making the mods, need 6 fans as well...

And as if it wasn't enough... this just happened!
        Click image for larger version  Name:	20210819_174833.jpg Views:	0 Size:	57.7 KB ID:	94424

So that's about all I'm going to show today. See ya's!

Comment

• I have some rgb strips from my farbwerk 360. If you want can have them.

Comment

I have some rgb strips from my farbwerk 360. If you want can have them.
            Thanks but I just need UV strip. No rgb for me.
            Gona get farbwerk 360 anyways along an octo. If there can be stocks when I place my orders...

For other parts, a collaborator sent me a bunch of what I was missing and I should get them by Monday at the latest.
            some people are very generous. Like you. You offered help many times. Even if I ended up getting every of what you offered me by myself because, well, I would just feel bad to accept i appreciate the gesture.
            The back of the case is such a mess now... found out one of my a-rgb splitter is defective. Only one solution until I get everything Monday... used a Bitspower controller. Sadly I can't split the lighting between both loop with it but at least it lights up. I was only using blue on one loop and white on the other. Now both are the same. No rgb crap hehe. And honestly, only reason I use lighting is to be able to see the impellers of the flow indicators and blocks to make sure nothing is clogging.

I need to find someone who can work aluminium and acrylic still. Gota get the box for the back crafted!!!

Here. While waiting...

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210819_161315.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	94447 Click image for larger version

Name:	20210820_152400.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	94448

Comment

• I am considering placing order from aquacomputer myself for some items.

Comment

• I really like the phantek t30-120, i don’t see performance improvement in my setup but perfect cable management. Its daisy chain is short (not visible) and eliminates the needs for dewire fan solution. I will 100% get the 140mm version for my Mo-ra3 420.

Just testing but going to replace or supplement my a12x25 in my rig with them. I think good fit for your project
                Last edited by section31; 08-21-2021, 06:25 PM.

Comment

I really like the phantek t30-120, i don’t see performance improvement in my setup but perfect cable management. Its daisy chain is short (not visible) and eliminates the needs for dewire fan solution. I will 100% get the 140mm version for my Mo-ra3 420.

Just testing but going to replace or supplement my a12x25 in my rig with them. I think good fit for your project
                  Thanks. Pretty satisfied with my x3m and Evo fans. The 6 missing ones are already on the way with bunch of other parts and extras hehe. 1 XE in P/P + 1xXE pull right now and temps are already crazy. Fans set to 500-800rpmand I have a DeltaT of 1-4° on idle for the cpu haha. Gpu at 26° so 2DeltaT as well. In AAA games so far, 32-34° CPU. GPU core 35-38° mem 38-42° highest I've seen today. Had to get to bed almost all day yesterday and today as well so I couldn't run much tests. Expecting parts to come in between Monday and Wednesday. Then I'll OC and see how it goes.
                  I expect to run fans at 600-800rpm static at all times tho!

edit: cpu already set to 5.2GHz with XMP II profile on RAM. But I can easily push 5.3-5.4GHz. GPU been running at 2750MHz before so I know I'll be overclocking to at least that.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210819_203905.jpg Views:	0 Size:	59.7 KB ID:	94481
                  I set both exhaust at the corner between both rads so I don't get get one feeding the other with hot air.
                  Last edited by Danny79-Qc; 08-22-2021, 05:51 AM.

Comment

• Ekwb needs to show off your build. Your build is one of the nicest builds out there.

I am the guinea pig for new watercooling products lol.

Comment

Ekwb needs to show off your build. Your build is one of the nicest builds out there.
                      I am the guinea pig for new watercooling products lol.
                      Lol. Thanks for the kind comment! even tho I don't think it's one of the nicest out there. But yeah, it's starting to be to my tastes. I already have a deal for sending pics once it is complete. Only one big problem is I got no skills for that. I think you figured that out already with all the pics I've been sharing.
                      I gota admit, Most of my friends who visited me lately are saying my photos doesn't do it justice. I guess for that reason, in all modesty, I can say it doesn't look too shabby.
                      Already plan on hiring a photographer once it is ready. I can't remember if I said it before... I'm sure it will make it look much better than the ones I've been posting.

Yeah I figured you love testing new hardwares lol. Thanks to that, I could share infos on things because you spoke about them so thank you!

Another little shot.

Name:	20210822_142929.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	104.7 KB
ID:	94492

Comment

• Quick little update... Received à few parts this week. The missing fans and a couple fittings. Finally no need for any more fans!!!

Name:	20210823_122028.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	111.4 KB
ID:	94512
                        Only problem is I can't install them yet... Need à controller and splitters. I still need to receive 2 led strip and some grease to fix the bridge and gpu ledgputhe grease is used to install the bridge on the waterblock and vrm. Then I also need to get a a-rgb splitter to replace my defective one.. gona have to drain and disassemble bunch of things so better wait till I have everything.. I had a dream last night about à mod and going to do it. Hopefully will be as good as in my dream hehe.

Shared a bunch of pics on Facebook but I had to delete them because of poor quality. So once I'm done funding that thing, I'm going to invest in a decent camera! I didn't want to but I have no choice if I wana get something good out of this...

Name:	20210820_152436 1.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	134.0 KB
ID:	94513
                        I said I didn't want to show it all but it's going to change anyways so I don't care anymore..

Comment

• Looking nice.

Comment

Looking nice.
                            Thank you. Did some testing today. Even if I still don't have everything installed. I'll be able to do some comparison once I have done all the changes and have all fans in.

Here's my idle temps after 2 hours. That's with a 5.3GHz overclock on the cpu and the gpu at 2750MHz.
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	20210828_102607.jpg Views:	0 Size:	77.7 KB ID:	94559 Click image for larger version  Name:	20210828_102629.jpg Views:	0 Size:	74.5 KB ID:	94560 Click image for larger version  Name:	20210828_103050.jpg Views:	0 Size:	102.7 KB ID:	94561
                            Decent but not entirely satisfied with cpu temps. That was at 23° ambient so 1-2° deltaT.

In heavy games like Cyberpunk 2077 I reached 62° for the cpu at 5.3GHz. Was hoping for something like 58-60° at most but that with the fans at 800rpm, it's still not bad. Gpu highest I've got was 42°. Gona try to push both farther once everything is done.

Comment

• New toy in da house! Gona be replacing the 6900xt with it. After testing I can confirm I had better results with the 6900xt but the 3080ti will keep à higher resell value for a longer period.

Sadly, the Z490 Formula is defective too. So after replacing the MSI Carbon EK X, I get another crap board... luckily, support has been better. Asus is already waiting for it but I won't send it myself. Going to sell it cheaper and just grab à New one... can't stay without one for weeks... Also, gona need a new block from Daz for the little baby hehe. Click image for larger version  Name:	20211001_153631.jpg Views:	0 Size:	52.2 KB ID:	94940

Comment

• It was a big day today.. A friend dropped me a couple parts so I could do some troubleshooting to fix that crash issue..
                                All my previous tests didn't help at all. Everything passed their respective tests like memtest86 and Intel cpu test. Only fail was when I tested power efficiency. Ran Prime95 and Furmark at the same time just to see how the psu would handle it... the pc crashed almost instantly lol! Got a error code pointing toward memory issue. So anyways, I thought it was the PSU but still asked a few pros even tho I'm a tech myself.. everyone was sure it was either the ram, the cpu, the board, even the storage haha but none mentioned the PSU.. After testing different ram, I still got crashes so today I plugged the other psu... after fixing a dead D5 pump... And guess what! Yup, now past 16 hours stress testing on low voltages with no crash! Tomorrow I will attempt a heavy stress test again just to be sure it's really fixed then o will put the z490 Maximus XII Formula for sell with the bridge. Decided to go with a extreme board instead of this one.

Here's a picture of my mess haha!

Name:	20211008_163914.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	94947

I need to remove everything for modding purpose so I just unzipped all the cables. Gona be a long long month before I can start but at least, if the pc run smooth, it's a big win!

Comment

Working...
                                X