No announcement yet.

Project Bahamut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking good man! Funny, I've had only minor issues with RGB Fusion no X570 and X399. But I'm only using solid colors, so it works ok for me, aside from the fact that it never starts up properly on X399 and needs to be manually launched.

Comment

The issue comes from rgb fusion with z390 motherboard. If im right it's not as bad on other sockets. At first i had only the 12v RGB header lighting up but couldnt change or light anything else. Anyways, with the fix it's working fine now but god youre so limited in effects compared to other brands lol.

Comment

looks awesome

Comment

Thanks. Honestly i think it doesnt look awesome but it will be another story completely once the hard tubes are installed and if i can find à distro plate that will fit on the side panel.. two issues right there as i need to find à distro plate made for another case but would still fit in this one. And i will need à bunch of nickel torque fittings but there is not enough in the store right now. Also EK didnt release torque female/female 90° angled fitting yet either and not sure if the EK AF one would look good with torque compression fittings..

Comment

The new stable OC for this PC. Running at 30-35° idle and 68-75° full load. Might need to change the SE rads for something a bit more performant. If it was mine, i would keep it like that but he doesnt know anything about overclocking and monitoring temps so maybe i should just make him à clean 5.0GHz OC? Edit: Forgot to mention it's running at 1.28v hehe
            Click image for larger version  Name:	20200726_055252.jpg Views:	0 Size:	72.4 KB ID:	91344
            Last edited by Danny79-Qc; 07-26-2020, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Meh... Completely forgot i was waiting for the satin titanium to pop in the store... Ordered the good old nickel hard tube torque fittings... oops! Oh well, there wasn't enough compression fittings anyways. Think ima just paint them with the satin finish. And grab the few ones im missing when restock comes in.

Comment

Argh. Im born stupid, I lived stupid and im dying stupid.. I was wondering why i could get so many fittings.. Even told Daz in my order comments tab that i hoped i wasnt forgetting anything... Someone kick me in the chicklets... Was going to replace the Bitspower flow meter i installed in my nephew build with the EK square one and install the hexagon one in my wife's rig.. Now no can do because i didn't order the freaking meter haha! And since i cant work anymore, i will have to wait a whole month before i can strip the build to make the changes and install the hard tubes... I may be speaking to myself but i dont mind!

Comment

I wouldn’t beat yourself up Danny . Seems to just be the covid summer.

Comment

If it was just that i would be very happy heh. If only you could see how many mistakes i do in a day you would laugh so much. More than 20 a day i'd say and even more and its been like that for a couple weeks now. Going from droping drinks like no other to steping onto my cats tails. Name it and it's almost sure it happened to me haha. Better make fun of it imo. oh and found out yesterday my heat gun is dead so i had to order a new one.

Anyways, the parts i ordered for hard tubes are coming in Monday! *Thanks to Daz for fast and great service! Sent me a message to make sure some item i ordered was the right one and in the process, found out i ordered some 14mm tubes instead of 12mm accidently. (Another mistake lol) So anyways, he agreed to change them for the right size and i am very happy!*

Still need to get the second pump/res combo for dual loop, another radiator or distro plate, ( prolly the distro plate over the rad actually cause cpu temps at 24° idle and gpu at 26°) , another filter and couple fans and of course two EK flow meter, then i think it should be it.

Gona have to practice my bends a little because its been a couple months since last time i played with that. Will also redo the tubing of my wife build while doing those for my nephew. Should keep me busy for a lil while.

Comment

Order received! Thanks Daz! Now just waiting on my heat gun. Was supposed to get it yesterday but will see how long it takes.

Comment

Been looking at how im gona route those tubes.. the bends gona be a pain... Also regret going with 12/10mm instead of 14/10.. Anyone wana trade lol? fittings and tubes are still packaged :-P

Comment

meh.. mehmehmeh! No heatgun till next week... spoke to an Amazon agent today... They lost my package which was being delivered by Joeyco.. First time i hear of this company..Anyways, they refunded the gun and gave me a 10$ credit on my next purchase which i did today. My old one was a Wagner and had it for a very long time. Decided to go with another brand but i have no idea if its any good lol. Anyone heard or used this one before? Click image for larger version

Name:	SmartSelect_20200806-213908_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	91367 was going to get one with a lcd monitor but i got a coupon for this one so the price was really good. Hopefully it will be worth the 45$ i put into it. Well, 45$ minus 7$ so 38$ hehe. If anyone could share their experience with it, it would be very appreciated!

Couldnt use my 10$ credit since it wasnt sold by Amazon but took a reamer since mine is getting old too. Was a 'panier plus" item so got another 7$ rebate on it and free shiping So basicaly, they paid me to get the reamer haha! 23$ rebate on a 12$ reamer rofl! I think we can call this a "score" hehe!

Comment

Next time i will ask in groups i am in on crapbook lol.

Anyways, new gun and reamer came in this morning! The thing came in a shitty packaging and parts were all freely moving inside the box but the heat gun itself looks of good quality! Second order from Amazon came in faster than the first would have. Click image for larger version

Name:	20200809_093416.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	108.2 KB
ID:	91411

The reamer looks poor quality tho. The blades aren't aligned correctly so it might get the job worse than not using it at all...Only reason i took it was because it actually made me get some discounts higher than what they were selling it. Or else, i would've ordered one from Daz! Click image for larger version

Name:	20200809_095246.jpg
Views:	330
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	91410

Haven't tried the gun yet. As long as it gets the job done, i will be happy! *Crossing fingers!*

Comment

Thanks Rhoadspc, I will email you as soon as I'm sure about the dimensions. Might ask you to do it in a couple weeks cause budget has been tight lately. Not being able to work anymore really made me slow down alot. You can ask Daz lol. I use to order a lot almost every weeks to once a month now haha or else the build would be finished already. Once I'm done or close to it, with the main parts and have a decent budget for those little mods, i will email you for sure. Already know what they are gona be and should be quite easy to craft with a printer. Here's two pics to give you an idea until i send you all the infos. Basically, its two parts made in either pvc or acrylic or something that will be easy to stick on the front panel and the tempered glass. Ideally 5mm thick.
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	SmartSelect_20200523-182507_Google.jpg Views:	0 Size:	95.2 KB ID:	91467 Click image for larger version  Name:	SmartSelect_20200530-123858_Google.jpg Views:	0 Size:	74.0 KB ID:	91468
                              as you can guess it's a final fantasy theme lol. Was gona work something inside the case also to give a slums look from FFVII but like i said, running low on budget. EK torque fittings should give a decent industrial look at least.

I also draw this third one from this picture on my smartphone but no idea what i could do with it or where i could insert it.
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	SmartSelect_20200530-150114_Google.jpg Views:	0 Size:	72.9 KB ID:	91469
                              And the build is not based on just final 7. Actually, all the pictures im showing you have been drawn from those small picture on my phone already since i was going to do it by hands but yeah too hard to cut those pointy spots in a 2-5mm pvc sheet lol. So anyways, sorry for taking so much of your time. I have to much free time and tend to write a lot of novels... Another thing Daz can confirm haha! Oh and sorry if bumped a couple of messages in your thread about this. Just wanted to know if it was possible. In the meantime, if you get any ideas about this themed build, feel free to share them. You can see a little of where i am with the build with previous messages in this thread if it can give you a better idea. Except pics have soft tubing and i'm working on hard tubing now.

Also if anyone else have any ideas, please come share them with me! Already said it but I'm giving this build to my nephew for beating leucemia and want it to be as close to perfection as possible!

Thanks a billion times buddy!

Comment

Looks cool man, some nice designs !

Comment

Working...
                                X