Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• section31
    replied
    I am experimenting with more barrowsch /bykski fittings for friends builds. Some fancy yet cheap fittings. Only using ekwb torque rotary t fittings (those are really useful in my short experience).

Leave a comment:

• Danny79-Qc
    replied
    Originally posted by section31 View Post

Nice. I never make money off this (money sinkhole). I also prefer not being sponsored. Not forced to use particular brands stuff etc. You know me i like to experiment with new stuff(regardless of brand).

Hope treatment works and you can enter this full time. I fear it’s totally different view when your doing this as hobby vs business where bottom line etc counts.
    Well, I already can't use Alphacool anymore lol but I'm not à big fan anyways. They have decent rads but beside that, not much I like from them so not a big loss
    I have the luck of knowing if I'm going to like it or not tho. Remember I had a repair shop? And I can confirm, it's a passion more than à hobby for me. Of course I was fixing computers and stuff more than building things but still did it kinda regularly. I had no sponsor so I could take the time I wanted as long as it was in the range of what the clients were giving me haha. Many sponsor will ask you to do à certain number of builds for them and some can be very demanding... like Asus... Stephan Beaulieu is sponsored by them and he told me they were very strict and demand à lot. So I'm gona stay away from those type hehe. We don't see many msi and asrock builders around here so it could be a good option. Will see. One thing at a time. I'll start by completing this beast and see if it can get me anywhere..

I hope treatment will keep working yes and thank you. My oncologie said there's people on that treatment still Alice after 12 years! Imagine, I was given no more than 2 years à little more than 2 years ago lol. So I'll take the 12 years anytime!

Leave a comment:

• section31
    replied
    Originally posted by Danny79-Qc View Post

I know people living from it here and they are in a very good financial situation. Just need sponsorship. If I was in a better situation and still had my house and the space for a working room, it would be easy to but I got rid of almost everything when I closed the shop. Will see how it goes once I'm done with this. If it look half as good as I want it to, it might get me somewhere lol. Could just sell it and grab the tools I need and it's a go. Not long ago, we thought I had very not much time in front of me but so far the new chemio works well and my body is reacting well to it as well so I'm really thinking about doing this. I will work hard on getting good sponsors. If it doesn't work, well, that pc will still be a good reward haha. To be honest, already got a bunch of parts in it that was sponsored. But not going to say what and who.
    Nice. I never make money off this (money sinkhole). I also prefer not being sponsored. Not forced to use particular brands stuff etc. You know me i like to experiment with new stuff(regardless of brand).

Hope treatment works and you can enter this full time. I fear it’s totally different view when your doing this as hobby vs business where bottom line etc counts.

Leave a comment:

• Danny79-Qc
    replied
    Its too bad the watercooling we do is niche here. Otherwise you could make it an business.

I have spoken with people in asia and they get paid quite well to build watercooling rigs like yours. Like up to 3000cad per build (parts not included). Lot of cliental but people there can easily earn more money in the time it takes you to build there rig.
    I know people living from it here and they are in a very good financial situation. Just need sponsorship. If I was in a better situation and still had my house and the space for a working room, it would be easy to but I got rid of almost everything when I closed the shop. Will see how it goes once I'm done with this. If it look half as good as I want it to, it might get me somewhere lol. Could just sell it and grab the tools I need and it's a go. Not long ago, we thought I had very not much time in front of me but so far the new chemio works well and my body is reacting well to it as well so I'm really thinking about doing this. I will work hard on getting good sponsors. If it doesn't work, well, that pc will still be a good reward haha. To be honest, already got a bunch of parts in it that was sponsored. But not going to say what and who.

Leave a comment:

• section31
    replied
    Its too bad the watercooling we do is niche here. Otherwise you could make it an business.

I have spoken with people in asia and they get paid quite well to build watercooling rigs like yours. Like up to 3000cad per build (parts not included). Lot of cliental but people there can easily earn more money in the time it takes you to build there rig.

Leave a comment:

• section31
    replied
    Thats good of you

Leave a comment:

• Danny79-Qc
    replied
    Nice Work. You should contact EKJake and like some members here get sponsored by EKWB. You should look at TitanRigs custom cables, your looks too long. Get some custom short ones and they are taking 15% off atm too. Good colors for your build.
    Rofl no. I use them for now. Once everything is in place ima make my own lol. Had a bunch of those kits at the shop so I just kept one and sold the rest with everything else. I'm not worried about getting sponsored. Everything will come in due time. I already speak regularly with a few people and one thing I k on, they hate when people beg for this. So if it had to happen, it will once that thing is complete.

Leave a comment:

• section31
    replied
    Nice Work. You should contact EKJake and like some members here get sponsored by EKWB. You should look at TitanRigs custom cables, your looks too long. Get some custom short ones and they are taking 15% off atm too. Good colors for your build.

Leave a comment:

• Danny79-Qc
    replied
    Then parts came in and here hoe it looks now... Click image for larger version

Name:	20210805_174709.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	128.7 KB
ID:	94207
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20210805_174643.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	132.7 KB
ID:	94206
    New tube planing... And yes, I hate Bykski and Barrow but decided to try pre-frosted tubes and honestly, my opinion on those tubes are mixed... quality is okay but not a single tube is identical. I mean the OD is 14mm but the ID varies from 10mm to 11mm... luckily I have a Rubbermaid full of silicone inserts of every size!

Name:	20210801_092610.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	94208
    Anyone need some??? ;P
    So anyways, the tubes are ok but found out pre frosted is pretty much useless... it loses it's frosting as you manipulate them. Even while wearing gloves... but at least I can finally use Daz insert lol.. cause it's just too small for the tubes he sells being 14/11mm.

Name:	20210801_153542.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	129.5 KB
ID:	94209
    Doesn't look the best but with the way I'm going to do the tubes, it's pretty much the only place I can have them while not looking awful. Unless I put them between two lines which would be dangerous to have a tube pop out of it's fitting because of weight..

Name:	20210806_062519.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	94210
    When tour fittings are really shinny!

Have a good weekend everyone!

Leave a comment:

• Danny79-Qc
    replied
    Time for another one of my annoying update!!!

Received my last XE radiator and Vardar fans... 6 more fans to go!

Once again cable management is a pain in the

Name:	20210726_113842.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	142.5 KB
ID:	94200
    Went from that to....

Name:	20210803_143001.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	125.3 KB
ID:	94201
    That!!!
    Then back to....

Name:	20210805_131055.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	116.1 KB
ID:	94202
    that!!!
    And still missing 6 fans!!!
    I don't remember if I posted it but my bridge led strip is dead... pcb got cut. The way the black part is made, it makes the strip bends no matter what. The thing should be redesigned I.ho...

Name:	20210725_093653.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	94203
    Thanks to Jake, replacement will be on the way!

testing a tube line while I was waiting on parts from Daz... Click image for larger version

Name:	20210729_164009.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	94204
    First try was perfect... too bad I didn't keep it.. 1meter wasted.

Leave a comment:

• Danny79-Qc
    replied
    Half way there with the cable management part!
    But I got put everything on hold again... Had the great idea of testing the lighting stuff before co.plering and found out the led strip of my Formula bridge is dead... can't change it without removing the darn thing from the board...

There with half cables done..

Name:	20210722_171333.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	116.3 KB
ID:	94150
    Hopefully I'll receive the new strip fast enough...

Name:	20210723_173106.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	120.8 KB
ID:	94151

Leave a comment:

• Danny79-Qc
    replied

Name:	20210721_095922.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	130.9 KB
ID:	94143
    I've decided to not use fan covers on the back until I get them all and have all the X3M I need...

Name:	20210721_162621.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	115.0 KB
ID:	94144
    Front view... I know it's a real mess around but I'm stuck in a 12'x12' space lol... and not much tools to work with anymore either!

Name:	20210721_162716.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	131.8 KB
ID:	94145
    higher point of view... Build name is now "Projekt Bahamut 2.0" but I'm thinking I might need to change. So far it's either that or Projekt Megaflare, Projekt X, Generation X, Captain X and Factor X. Maybe some have other names idea?

Name:	20210720_161708.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	139.1 KB
ID:	94147 Click image for larger version

Name:	20210720_170744.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	94146
    My tests subjects. Trying my own mix of colors. I wanted a blue to go with the theme which is Bahamut/Final Fantasy. The blue is based on the colors we find in the Bahamut Megaflare attack.
    I don't know, I might end up leaving them all white...

Leave a comment:

• Danny79-Qc
    replied
    Well, I guess I can let you guys in my little secret weapon!
    Like mentioned before, I still need one more XE radiator and 12 X3M fans plus bunch of controllers but here's where I've got so far with the new design and upgrade..

Name:	20210718_080925.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	119.2 KB
ID:	94137
    Obviously, with the top radiator removed, I can't keep the side ones raised up like they were. Not cute on the left. Sadly, I was going to use one poet on the rear of the radiator but dropping it won't let me do it so I gota find another way...

Name:	20210719_111825.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	94138

Name:	20210719_111049.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	94139
    So here's my little secret. If you can't figure what I'm doing, it will be more obvious on the pictures to come.

Name:	20210719_172612.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	94140
    The other side.. yeah the PE radiator have to go I know!

Name:	20210721_162742.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	139.8 KB
ID:	94141
    Cable management is going to be a real pain. Probably one of the hardest I ever have to do lol...

Leave a comment:

• Danny79-Qc
    replied
    Argh... bad memory.. Just realized I had already posted the photo of the bunch of covers...

Leave a comment:

• Danny79-Qc
    replied

Name:	20210716_053704.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	111.3 KB
ID:	94125 Click image for larger version

Name:	20210716_053122.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	114.1 KB
ID:	94126 Click image for larger version

Name:	20210716_053652.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	115.2 KB
ID:	94127
    Just a couple more covers...
    I have to paint the logos but I'm out of spray so gona have to do it by hand. Sadly, no white paint so I can't do touch-up either... Here's a couple tests I'm doing.. not sure if I'll keep them all white or paint like that...

Name:	20210718_171952.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	94128 Click image for larger version

Name:	20210720_123545.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	94129
    Beside that, nothing much have moved except the 4 rads are installed. But I won't show it just yet because I still waiting on that XE radiator.. Afraid my friend might not keep his words and I'll be forced to buy one.. Will see... Giving him a little more time.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X