Project Bahamut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like I've said, more updates!

Let's see... just going to pop some photos and describe them a little for this one.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210115_160147.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	93276
    Don't worry... I didn't leave it like that haha. Just wanted to show how big of a challenge cable management can be with 24 fans and bunch of rgb and led strips.. of course not all the cables are there yet! Really love what they did to have many options with the ssd brackets. Covering the motherboard like that is a great idea while still having over a inch gap to let heat disperse..

Name:	20210116_073200.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	93277
    Not much more done yet.. just added the bottom radiator and fans... Sadly the 480mm one was too tall to fit or there would be two more instead of 360mm.

Name:	20210117_112025.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	93278
    Finally, the holes for the second reservoir were done! Put my new Dewalt drill bits to good use. That panel is quite thick so it was a fun job to do.

Name:	20210117_193105.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	93279
    I was going to craft a psu cable shroud but found out it's not so bad after all.. much better than expected and once everything is inside we dont much.

Name:	20210118_083643.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	93280
    Bought this little thing on Amazon for a very good price. It's from Alphacool. A bit old but works great. Very good quality and the cover is actually real glass. Came with 2 sided tape but also 4 magnets you screw on the back then you place where you want and move it where you want as often as you want lol. Great stuff. Was going to place it there but changed my mind. Placed it behind and it lights up the rear i/o for easier cables connection and management.

More to come!!!

Comment

One last update then Zzzzz...

Name:	20210118_122027.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	93282
      Just a little thing I did with carbon fiber to go with the rest. The only parts I modded outside.. well, until I do the other ones...

Name:	20210118_170205.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	93283
      Getting there... the two reservoirs and the psu are now in! Yep they are different. It's planned like that because of the theme of course!!!

Name:	20210120_101741.jpg
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	93284
      First tube in!!! Hardest bends I ever had to do!! Just kidding, it's just a straight pipe connecting 2 radiators.

Name:	20210125_190034.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	93285
      Now we start to see some interesting stuff... I went with very easy route for the tubes because the challenge is already good with a dual loop and my nephew isn't used to that kind of stuff.

Name:	20210126_154411.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	93286
      Haha! I cheated and Jake from EK actually thought it was funny but I gave a second life to some old badges which was badly scratched. Removed the scratch and placed it on the bitspower drain fitting hihi.

Comment

Bah... one more.... for the number of views, I think I should show more!

Name:	20210128_192118.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	93288
        All tubes cut, bent and frosted! Time to install these...

Name:	20210129_165004.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	93289
        Until I got to the last one... of course a fracture showed up... but better at that moment than after filling the loop no?

Name:	20210129_200559.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	93290
        yep yep! All tubes in... but guess what... that tube with the 45° bend is now too short... I don't understand because I tried it before frosting the tube and it was lining up just fine with the rest. So yes I got that shitty job out of there but bad news for me... out of tubes!!! So no can do! All I have are tubes I had already bent for the previous build.. none were used tho so maybe there is something to do to save the day!!

Name:	20210131_075950.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	93291
        Et hop voilà!!! Found a solution! All tubes were too short except one. Not my best line ever nor my best build either but for the time, until I was going to replace that 2080Super, I didn't mind!.
        Also came the time to test both entire loop! And yup both are leak free!

Name:	20210131_081111.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	93292
        Love those leak testers!!! All I have to say about this one!!!

I still have plenty of pictures but Taki g a break from my phone screen!

Later!!!

Comment

Witch grit do you use for the frosted tube ? And you do it before or after the bend?

Comment

Originally posted by Try2TopDat View Post
            Witch grit do you use for the frosted tube ? And you do it before or after the bend?
            Between 800 and 1500 Grit sanding pads. I use the softest possible. Those are acrylic so you can do it before or after it doesn't matter. Found out the satin look doesn't go away when heating acrylic. For l frosting petg, you have to bend first cause heat will remove the effect. You can have a better frosted finish with petg tho. It's more subtle on acrylic.

Comment

Another little update while waiting on a company to release a block for the 3070 xc3 ultra I installed in the build..

Name:	20210131_143953.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	93300
              Yup. Getting there... slowly but surely... not the best looking but I kinda liked it for a temporary loop.

Name:	20210201_075811.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	93301 Click image for larger version

Name:	20210201_083208.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	93302 Click image for larger version

Name:	20210201_091958.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	93303
              Little issue when time for filling loops came... the newest pump I received from Daz was DoA! Spoke with Jake and Emir from EK. didnt know why the pump didn't power up at first... just in a couple minutes they were already going to send a new one hehe :-) but once I started to drain the small amount of coolant I had in the loop to get the pump out for RMA, found out the pump cable was cut inside the sleeving. Impossible to see. So anyways, I decided to solder the thing and put a heartstrings tube on one of my worse soldering job ever hihi. And magic! Pump works now! Not beautiful but we don't see that part anyways.. so I could kept moving with the build!

Comment

A couple more pics and I'm done with the updates until I can get a block for that gpu...

Name:	20210201_192654.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	93306
                I know... lights are ugly... leak tested and air bleeding for 3 hours before getting everything plugged in.. So no control on anything.

Name:	20210202_011230.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	93307
                There we go. Used the stock 24pin of the psu to do airbleeding and leak test. So far so good.. Not the best looking but for a temporary solution it looked fine. With my health, I can only do soo little. Oh and don't even think of lifting that beast by yourself!

Name:	20210202_011431.jpg
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	93308
                Just a different angle... don't look at the table. I paid that thing 15$ just for working on tubes. Screwing the mandrels into it and all.. I had to place the case on the floor because the table was going to break under it's weight lol..

Name:	20210202_105509.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	93309
                After replacing all the cables... no need for a psu/cable shroud like I mentioned before!

Temps Testing wasn't really satisfying tho.. probably going to replace the 480mm rad for a thick one to better cool the cpu..

Name:	20210202_124000.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	93310
                We don't see it there but gpu temps:
                Idle:26°
                Full load while benchmarking in 4k with Ray tracing on: 52°. Won't go higher than that with the hardest OC I managed with it. Sadly the gpu was going to be replaced...

Comment

Like I said on my 3070 selling post, I let the 3070 go! Bye-bye little boy!

Name:	20210306_172614.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	93402
                  Yup the gpu is missing. I know that blue tube looks bad but it's just a temporary solution until I get the waterblock for the new beast!

Speaking of which.. here's the new big girl!

Name:	20210306_172743.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	93403
                  Yup! Even my little Pacha came to wish her a warm

Name:	20210306_174834.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	93404 Click image for larger version

Name:	20210306_174736.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	93405
                  That thing is just soo beautiful! Oh and real heavy too! Heavier than the 3080's I had in my hands a few times..

Only odd thing I found is in Cyberpunk 2077. The 3070 was running smoother in 4k resolution... But I never used AMD control panel so I'm at a loss now.. no idea how I should set all the graphic settings as well as in game..

AMD better live up to their words with the release of FidelityFX update this month! Hoping it will increase performances in that game and other compatible ones.. For those who doesn't know what it is, it's AMD own version of DLSS kinda. It will be implanted on every platforms using their gpu's like pc, ps5, Xbox.. if they mess up, it could be real bad..

Anyways, bed time but if anyone has a 6900xt and plays Cyberpunk in 4k, it would be nice to get some hints as of how I should set settings in AMD software and in-game!

Comment

Get that thing underwater ASAP. I managed to nab an Asus TUF 6900XT, and it's a typical AMD GPU: it needs water to live, just like us. :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Bartacus View Post
                      Get that thing underwater ASAP. I managed to nab an Asus TUF 6900XT, and it's a typical AMD GPU: it needs water to live, just like us. :-)
                      Yeah. AMD at it's finest! Heat heat heat! No Wonder I changed team so many years ago lol. But it's not that bad now. Managed to set up things decently. Not getting past 75° on gpu but hotspot still hits the 95°. Will get the block in a couple weeks. Broke right now! Also finally having 2077 running smoothly so I think I have something solid now! Gosh Judy is soo hawt on the 6900xt compared to the 3070!!!

Comment

• That's one thing AMD has always had over Nvidia, the image and color quality on the Radeons look way better. My hot spot was hitting 115C (after using MPT to bump up the power limit). Stock wasn't so bad. But stock clocks weren't 2700mhz either.

Comment

That's one thing AMD has always had over Nvidia, the image and color quality on the Radeons look way better. My hot spot was hitting 115C (after using MPT to bump up the power limit). Stock wasn't so bad. But stock clocks weren't 2700mhz either.
                          Ouff 115°. Thats something! From what I've read, amd safe Level is 110° but I'm not 100% certain since I only read one article about that. Personally haven't hit those numbers. I won't play with OC until I get the waterblock tho. No point since it's not my pc haha. Is AMD like nvidia on Founders pcb? Like Founders 3080 would have a better one than most third party pcb? I'm deff not a AMD expert even I fix many of them lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Danny79-Qc View Post

Ouff 115°. Thats something! From what I've read, amd safe Level is 110° but I'm not 100% certain since I only read one article about that. Personally haven't hit those numbers. I won't play with OC until I get the waterblock tho. No point since it's not my pc haha. Is AMD like nvidia on Founders pcb? Like Founders 3080 would have a better one than most third party pcb? I'm deff not a AMD expert even I fix many of them lol
                            Nah, not really. With this gen, I'm not sure how much difference there is between reference designs like you have and the non-reference, like the Asus TUF. I know Asus 'claims' to have beefed up the power delivery, but if we're going to be voltage locked (which we are right now), that probably won't matter much. Lets just hope Igor and the boys figure out how to crack that voltage. In the meantime, I will be content with my GPU clock touching 2700mhz and my memory clock maxxed out at 2150 with fast timings enabled.

Comment

Nah, not really. With this gen, I'm not sure how much difference there is between reference designs like you have and the non-reference, like the Asus TUF. I know Asus 'claims' to have beefed up the power delivery, but if we're going to be voltage locked (which we are right now), that probably won't matter much. Lets just hope Igor and the boys figure out how to crack that voltage. In the meantime, I will be content with my GPU clock touching 2700mhz and my memory clock maxxed out at 2150 with fast timings enabled.
                              Yeah, thats deffinately some nice tweaking. You make me wana OC it lol!

With FidelityFX update coming this month, you are really gona be happy. As long as AMD delivers.. Should come out on every platforms using their gpu's. Integrated or not. So if they mess up, we'll, let's not think about it lol.. But with things going to run smoother, I'm hoping temps will drop too. By the way, using AMD Chill, I managed to drop temps in the 80's ° highest. Have you compared those 3 options how it affect your gpu?

I'm actually testing his pc in 2077. Maybe you can help me out. No matter what I do, I either get bad fps with usage % going up and down or screen tearing. I'm on a Q90 which is 4k 120Hz and freesync. The issue is if I don't enable vsync, I get the tearing. If I enable it, fps drop to 52 and usage is pretty unstable. I'm really not used to AMD and Adrenalin. So any idea how I could fix that? Like, anything I should set on or off on either Adrenalin or TV settings?

Comment

• No idea dude, I have most of that stuff turned off. I've barely done any gaming on my rig outside of benchmarking. I generally give zero poops about those AMD features, their new DLSS substitute doesn't interest me in the least. I have a powerful enough rig that I don't need silly resolution scaling tricks to boost my FPS. Plus I don't game at 4K, I game at 3840 x 1200 ultrawide, which is way easier on the hardware than 4K. I'm surprised you're getting stuttering though, I've benchmarked a few games with Freesync / vsync turned off and it's smooth as butter in Horizon Zero Dawn / Red Dead 2 benchmarks. I've just been too busy with work, and too tired at the end of the day to do much gaming.

FYI I bought an Alphacool block this time around, since Watercool wasn't covering the Asus TUF variants. Temps are great, GPU tops out at around 46C, junction temps top out at 64C. That's with the power limit upped from 272W to 385W, max clock set to 2750.

Comment

Working...
                                X