Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Royvp View Post
    nice job
    Nay. The run to cpu looks like shit. I have to rethink this over... Click image for larger version

Name:	20201009_060152.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	134.0 KB
ID:	92004 Click image for larger version

Name:	20201009_163754.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	131.3 KB
ID:	92005 I've tried doing it with three bends instead of two and the 90° fittings but it looked even worse grrr.

Comment

Well, here's some update.. finally decided and completed that stupid run. Only able to work like half an hour a day with my situation so it's going slower everyday.. anyways here's how it looks. Sadly, I have a tiny leak somewhere but can't find where it is. When testing one by one all is fine but once I test 2 rads with the run to cpu block I lose like 0,05 bar over the night.. about to throw this in the trash.. never struggled so much on a build... oh and to put the cherry on the sundae... Click image for larger version

Name:	20201027_110734.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	168.1 KB
ID:	92148
      Didn't even have time to put it to use...

So anyways, some teasers... Click image for larger version

Name:	20201026_065123.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	118.4 KB
ID:	92149 Click image for larger version

Name:	20201010_202709.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	92150 Click image for larger version

Name:	20201026_203635.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	132.6 KB
ID:	92151 Click image for larger version

Name:	20201024_190331.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	92152
      Testing some technics and different materials to frost the reservoirs.. so far, not really good but I'm out of high grit sanding pads. Gona get more next week...

Comment

Nice looking build.
        The frosting is a cool concept.
        Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
        OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
        Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Thanks. Frosting the regular tubes is quite easy but tube reservoir and blocks are another story. Can see every scratch from sanding if not done right with the right grit. The 250mm reservoirs are both very scratched so it's either that or get new ones. But it might actually be the 2nd option the winner. Not sure... will see when I get my sanding pads next week.

I couldn't keep that run sadly. Never found what is leaking and just got mad I threw everything in the trash for real. Played to much with inserting tubes in and out of the fittings, the o-rings inside got very damaged.. thought I was done ordering parts but Daz will see me at the end of the week getting more along with temp sensor fittings lol. Sure wish he had the high flow next already but oh well...

Comment

Things took another U-turn lol. I hope this one is the last one cause I'm really tired. Couple pics of whats been going on. Sadly couldnt find the case I'm looking for so decided to stick to the x71 for now. Might get the W100 but not sure i want to invest another 500$ on a case while having 3 to sell already lol. So anyways, the pics.. it's just some builds testings and rough draft.
            ​ the cats always have to approve before i can open anything...
            ​ the x71TG with everythings it's coming with.. which isnt much actually compared to Phanteks..
            ​ the build has started... again...
            ​ getting some rads ready.. still 6 fans short too...
            Click image for larger version  Name:	20201108_191413.jpg Views:	0 Size:	96.6 KB ID:	92365 big boy getting ready to be installed..
            Click image for larger version  Name:	20201109_181922.jpg Views:	0 Size:	87.5 KB ID:	92366 deff need to do some cable management but half cables still not there..
            Click image for larger version  Name:	20201109_183628.jpg Views:	0 Size:	50.5 KB ID:	92367 all the space i have to work with the 2 bottom radiators.. not crowded at all...
            Click image for larger version  Name:	20201110_193028.jpg Views:	0 Size:	78.3 KB ID:	92368 testing how much room i have for dual res/pump.. Click image for larger version  Name:	20201112_052103.jpg Views:	0 Size:	101.4 KB ID:	92369 I've decided to move the gpu closer to the edge of the case to have more room for hard tube routing.. have to find or make something to use as a support under the gpu..

Comment

Looking good so far! Man, that is a roomy case!

Comment

Thanks. It has ok space but for dual loop, it's a bit tight haha! Looking at my budget, I might go for a W100 or 1000D if I keep having troubles doing the tubes. The mods are on hold for now. At least for a week until I make my decision about keeping that one or getting the other. Already have the Level 20XT and the Enthoo 719 in the room and it takes a lot of space lol. Having 4 cases would be very annoying.

Comment

You should post a group photo

The largest case I've built in is a Fractal Design Define XL R2.

Comment

The XL is a good case. Often forgotten Sadly. It's about the same size of the enthoo 719 and x71 from what I can remember but my memory is crap lol. Yeah, if I get one of the biggest case next week, I will take a picture of them all together. If I have the energy to move them allwill try to gather the ones I have now if I don't get it too. Just for fun and to show a size comparison hehe

Comment

Just went through this again, can't believe how much rad you have in there! Wonder how much heat it could dissipate?

I modded my XL a fair bit for my Archon build (added support for a triple rad up top, a double in the bottom, and a large side window), it was a nice case to work with. If memory serves I had a 360, 240, and a 140 rad in the loop. I'm thinking of revisiting it, doing an Archon Evo. Dual loop, light vs dark. I'm only planning on a paltry two 360 rads though. I picked up a used dual pump bayres that would work well there, not too many cases with full size drive bays anymore! My current Leftovers build uses some of the sheet metal from the XL for RGB light brackets

Comment

You do make some nice mods and I'm sure it will look great if you decided to go with that project.

I do have a couple rads yes but 2 are EK coolstream SE so performance wise, not the best. In all its one XE, one PE and 2 SE, 3x360mm and 1x480mm but yes it's a dual loop and i was planning to get him 2x 3090's but since i won't be able to achieve that goal, i might be stuck with that 2080Super.. trying to sell it for 550$ and 250$ for the watercooling parts but the guy who was supposed to get it just bailed.. and i got so many hate when i placed it for sell on facebook, i dont want to go through that again. I don't need that type of negativity at these moments.

Anyways, I'm not sure how much heat it will dissipate but with 3 rads, my 9900k at 5.2GHz, 1.28v never gone higher than 72°c on full load and the 2080Super, with max OC possible, 42° is the top I've got. Funny because i was trying to push it to the limits but the cooling is soo good, i reach max OC before having to even care about temps haha! Now i even added a 360mm PE radiator at the bottom of the case so it will be very effective since it's pulling the coldest air possible. The XE and a SE rad on the cpu and the PE and a SE for gpu.. will see what temps i will get. Kinda worried because tests were made on single loop but with dual loop, the gpu is losing the XE to gain a PE but wont get heat from cpu and same thing for the cpu. Gona be fun to bench and compare numbers.

Comment

Thanks! I may give it a go next year.

A minimum of 2 thick 360 rads for each component sounds like massive overkill, you were getting great numbers with the single loop and I expect that to continue, even if the SE's aren't quite as good! It will be interesting to see your results. Sounds like this will be one quiet rig!

Comment

Haha yeah. Well, temps wont be the same since it will eventually house 2 3090s. Or "should" house i should say.. Those draw lots of power and heard the heat from those is quite a fair amount. So let's just say it's future proof build lol. Someone picking up my 9900k today along with my aorus master. I will be getting a 10850k and a MSI MEG Unify. Love the 90amp vrms and no shinny lights all black aesthetics it has. I'm pretty sure it will heat a bit more than the 9900k at 1.28v. We'll see. Depends if i win on silicone lottery again or not..

Comment

Wow, just looked up the 3090s, they sound worse than R9 290X/390X cards for heat. I'll admit you might actually have to turn your fans on!

Best of luck with the lottery.

Comment

Originally posted by Grinder View Post
                                Wow, just looked up the 3090s, they sound worse than R9 290X/390X cards for heat. I'll admit you might actually have to turn your fans on!

Best of luck with the lottery.
                                Thanks! Fingers crossed!
                                The big boys are gone! Sold em for 900$ si i didn't loose too much money. Click image for larger version  Name:	20201127_102008.jpg Views:	0 Size:	80.8 KB ID:	92487
                                Now the 10850k and new mb is on the way. Won't be getting them before December 3rd sadly. All other boards, I could get them in 1 day but the only one i had to order takes a week.. no idea why.. It took me some time to decide. I was going with the MSI MEG Unify because it has great specs like 16 phases vrm@90amp but i backtracked when i saw it's a very weak 6 layers pcb and no shields on connectors and ram slots. Then i was going with the Formula but price went up so i would only be able to get the 10700k with it. Would be stupid since i just sold a 9900k running at 5.2GHz, 1.28v lol.. so in the end i went with this one! It's not the best but it has 1×rgb, 2×d-rgb and 2×corsair connectors. Also the usb 3.0 header is a 90° angled connector which makes that huge cable easier to hide. Love the fact that it's ready for pcie4.0 too. So no need to change board with next gen cpu! Also, since its a 12+1+1 phases@60amp, it's much easier to cool. It comes with a EK monoblock too. Perfect stuff to cool a 10850k or 10900k. Lots of MSI motherboard dont support igpu and found out this one does so it's a big plus since my nephew is not an expert. If something go wrong with the gpus,he can still troubleshoot. Here's the bad boy! Click image for larger version  Name:	SmartSelect_20201127-101216_Amazon Shopping.jpg Views:	0 Size:	130.5 KB ID:	92488
                                Since I'm getting new stuff and the board has carbon fiber, i decided to strip the whole build and will make the case and some parts with carbon fiber too. Already have the wraps hehe. Click image for larger version  Name:	20201127_101951.jpg Views:	0 Size:	144.9 KB ID:	92489
                                Ima need to order more zip ties soon tho. Only got a couple thousands left! Click image for larger version  Name:	20201118_060306.jpg Views:	0 Size:	203.2 KB ID:	92490
                                Just joking.. but heh, even if i have to wait on December 3rd to start building around the new board, at least i have something else to do!

Comment

Working...
                                X