Project Bahamut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bartacus View Post
    No idea dude, I have most of that stuff turned off. I've barely done any gaming on my rig outside of benchmarking. I generally give zero poops about those AMD features, their new DLSS substitute doesn't interest me in the least. I have a powerful enough rig that I don't need silly resolution scaling tricks to boost my FPS. Plus I don't game at 4K, I game at 3840 x 1200 ultrawide, which is way easier on the hardware than 4K. I'm surprised you're getting stuttering though, I've benchmarked a few games with Freesync / vsync turned off and it's smooth as butter in Horizon Zero Dawn / Red Dead 2 benchmarks. I've just been too busy with work, and too tired at the end of the day to do much gaming.

FYI I bought an Alphacool block this time around, since Watercool wasn't covering the Asus TUF variants. Temps are great, GPU tops out at around 46C, junction temps top out at 64C. That's with the power limit upped from 272W to 385W, max clock set to 2750.
    Hahaha, funny you decided to talk about the waterblock you picked. I was actually going to ask you exactly that. Like, which block you would recommend. Guess I have my answer lol. I know alphacool are good parts but that gpu block is not to my tastes. He's getting a complete EK build but I don't really like their amd blocks.

I know they are not the best but fell in love with the latest Phanteks blocks for the 30xx series. Haven't looked at it yet for the 6900xt and see if they have one tho. Watercool would be my second option but again, no research done so far. And let's not speak about Borrowed (Barrow) and Dyck-squee (Bykski). Haha. Some funny dude from Montreal came on EK fan page not long ago saying EK was stealing designs from Borrowed.. omg that was funny.. Attila and me teacher him wrong and then the dude kept doing drama with me in every other enthousiast groups. Didn't have any other choices but to block him. Not long after, another guy, selling Barrow/Bykski crap on his Websters tried to convince me they are better than every major manufacturers.. obviously he was just trying to fish. I was going to order a distroplate from him for nephew's build but after what he did, screw that. He lost a customer.

I don't game much either. I use them for testing more than anything. Funny the 3070 was running 2077 with better settings than the 6900xt. But pretty sure it's only because of dlss. AMD will be bringing 6 options to improve performances and visuals via a deep learning AI. Pretty sure it could be useful depending on your need.

Anyways, I can't wait to get him a waterblock. As soon as I get some money, it's my priority. If you think of a block other than Alphacool, please let me know!

Comment

• Watercool is generally my #1 choice, EK is always dead last. Only reason I went Alphacool this time around was because the TUFs are non-reference, so Watercool isn't making blocks for them, at least not yet. EK is hot garbage, so they're never an option. I'd sooner go Barrow over EK, and in fact just re-blocked the Radeon VII GPU in my home theatre PC with a Barrow block, since the EK Quantum Vector block that was on it was terrible performing trash, like most EK GPU blocks. At least Barrow appears to be made much better, high-grade Chinesium as opposed to EKs low-grade Chinesium, LOL! We shall see how it performs, rig isn't done yet.

Comment

Watercool is generally my #1 choice, EK is always dead last. Only reason I went Alphacool this time around was because the TUFs are non-reference, so Watercool isn't making blocks for them, at least not yet. EK is hot garbage, so they're never an option. I'd sooner go Barrow over EK, and in fact just re-blocked the Radeon VII GPU in my home theatre PC with a Barrow block, since the EK Quantum Vector block that was on it was terrible performing trash, like most EK GPU blocks. At least Barrow appears to be made much better, high-grade Chinesium as opposed to EKs low-grade Chinesium, LOL! We shall see how it performs, rig isn't done yet.
        You don't like EK and I don't like Borrowed and Bykski lol! but yeah watercool is my pick #1. Sadly, still no block so I went with EK. Temperature difference between all those blocks is marginal anyways and pretty sure it will be much better with that block than stock cooler or cheaper quality blocks. Placed my order Friday night with FedEx Priority so expecting to receive it this week or 24hours at most from the moment Daz will ship it. Can't wait. Would be nice to see an active backplate for those cards too but no info on that yet. I should ask Jake and see if they have plans for it.

Anyways, the babies are ordered at least!
        Click image for larger version  Name:	SmartSelect_20210319-094431_Samsung Internet.jpg Views:	0 Size:	40.1 KB ID:	93439 Click image for larger version  Name:	SmartSelect_20210319-223659_Email.jpg Views:	0 Size:	38.1 KB ID:	93440

Comment

• Package received! Thanks Daz. Once again, very good and fast shipping!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210323_103141.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	93442

Comment

• Got almost everything to complete the build. But something happened...
            After getting so close to complete it in the TT P8, I finally installed the windows on front and top panel.. less than 1cm between the fans and the glass! No way... it got almost no airflow.. imagine with 2 restrictive radiators!!! Not good at all! I cant offer a build like that... ran many tests and only way to get good temps is when I remove the tempered glass... what's the point of using a case if you can't have it completely assembled???

Last week I still managed an OC of 5.3GHz 1.36v with the 10850k. Didn't go all out on workload but it was stable and had decent temps while testing and benching in games like CP2077, Valhalla and Shadow of the tomb raider. Highest temps in those games and timespy was between 68° and 71°. Only downside... the freaking windows were off the case.. I could push it more but what's the point.. probably gona reach 5.4GHz but not sure if I will have to turn off HT.

Anyways.. I decided to go a different route....again... this is ridiculous people will say but I don't care.. Not gona give him a pc he has to open every times he power it on... the dust... the maintenance.. you get my point...

Solutions to come in the next post..

Comment

• So, Cooler Master have released their newest case a couple weeks ago... I fell in love with it in their 2021 showcase. So I've been waiting on it ever since!

I was going to get one for one last project. Mine... if I can manage to get there.. Daz could confirm, I haven't been ordering much lately.. spending lots of my time at the hospital.. health took another big drop.. But let's not get into that more than I already did..

So released the case maybe two or three weeks ago? Haha guess who ordered one!
              Was going to make it mine but with the recent event, I'm going to move Projekt Bahamut into it! So the case is.. the Masterframe 700! Picture and description bellow!

Name:	20210405_121826.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	145.5 KB
ID:	93563 Click image for larger version

Name:	20210405_121910.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	93564 Click image for larger version

Name:	20210405_122015.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	136.2 KB
ID:	93565
              Yup! Pacha had to come give his approval again

So let's see... Has you can tell, it's premium quality. Even the packaging is superb. You can hold the box like it was a mallet... a heavy mallet that is lol but very light for a case. Reason it's not heavy like that is, it's an open air case! With a panoramic tempered glass on the front.

Next post will be about the depackaging and assembly with personal opinions about the Masterframe 700...

Comment

• Like I said, going to show a couple steps of the case assembly and my opinions on it. By the way, the more I look at the build in the P8 the more I'm telling myself the name shouldn't be Projekt Bahamut but Captain Smurf!
                But gota keep it related to the theme!

So let's get to why I'm posting another blah blah blah...
                The Masterframe 700 is an open air case like I mentioned before. Finally something different!!! You'll see why I say that.
                First, the materials. Great quality for sure. Very thick metal frame while still being lightweight enough.
                Picture: Click image for larger version

Name:	20210409_204400.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	107.6 KB
ID:	93567
                Yup that's once it's almost complete. Just missing the vertical gpu bracket, "which didn't come with it", and the front window.
                So, the case is quite sturdy like I was saying. Good thing but brings the first issue... The 2 hinged doors have a bit too much thickness! I can't install my radiators because the screws coming with them are too short!!! And I'm out of 35mm ones. Gona need to order a bunch from Daz but I can't place an order and pay 35$ for shipping something worth less than that lol! So I need to wait for 3 weeks to place an order with Daz shop...

So let's keep moving for what's left to say...
                The case have two building options. First, the one I'm showing you which will have 2 EK XE 360mm radiators and 2 TBE 300 reservoir/pump combo. On top but on the rear side will be a third 360mm radiator. Since it will be on the back side, air coming through will be cool. I'm working with a friend to 3d print some kind of bracket to be able to mount the fourth radiator on the rear but I don't think it will work. It is said Cooler Master added some kind of support for a 300mm radiator like you can see on the next picture but I didn't find anything in the box...

Name:	SmartSelect_20210413-024050_Google.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	93568
                Weird radiator should I say... Anyways, also received the Phanteks vertical gpu bracket this week but haven't tested it to see if it fits.

Second use for this case is by installing it horizontally. You transform it into a test bench! Here's a picture!

Name:	SmartSelect_20210413-024555_Google.jpg
Size:	135.7 KB
ID:	93569
                Just need to install a couple parts differently and hop, test bench! My nephew won't have a use for that tho.

Here's a 3d picture of a radiator on top in bench mode. 2 little parts to hold the rad came in the box. Click image for larger version

Name:	SmartSelect_20210413-024538_Google.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	93570

More pics to come...

Comment

• Forgot to mention, I received the new radiator and tubes last week... Thanks to Daz fast shipping processing and FedEx fast delivery service! Of course I moded the XE radiator to go with the rest! Click image for larger version

Name:	20210406_204653.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	93572

I started to transfer the build into the Masterframe 700... real pain to drain the dual loop in the P8 lol! But managed to do it!
                  I finally made it to moving the motherboard... On a side note, I need to mention, during my test last week, I experienced a drop in the cpu flow speed. I thought the filter was doing it's job and starting to catch some crap but when I opened it, the net was perfectly fine! Even nothing in it from the cloud white coolant! Made me really satisfied!

Name:	20210412_063756.jpg
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	93573
                  The question is: what made the loop slow down like that???
                  Well... I have found the cause... And it's really bad... As I was moving the motherboard, I saw the jetplate in the monoblock was sideway!!! Yup, need to take out the monoblock from the motherboard, waste another sticker to reach the screws under it and open the block... soo passed. Anyways, I thought I'd just need to put the jetplate back in place but nope! No can do! Why? Because one of the two pins holding it in place is freaking gone!!!! I don't know how but it's broken. A rma block that broke already... What a Goodluck I've been having with this build! So many issues most people would've given up a long time ago haha

Name:	20210411_091023.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	93574 Click image for larger version

Name:	20210411_091038.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	93575

To finish that update, I have all the parts standing there while nothing else can be installed because I'm waiting on EK support reply after sending them the pictures, I need to get screws to mount the radiators and fans, need to design a support to install another radiator on the back and need to order a new vertical gpu mount. Specifically the Cooler Master one. But I'm broke right now! With my shitty health getting worse too, I'm really afraid I won't be able to get farther with the build..

Name:	20210411_112906.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	122.5 KB
ID:	93576
                  Just one last picture to show the rear of the case. I had to move the front i/o so I can fit the radiator on top. And to show that obviously the cable management is gona be a real pain lol!!! I have to fit 2 × Corsair Commander Pro and 4 × egb hubs too!!! How?!?!? More modding is necessary I guess... too bad I don't have my repair shop anymore. I would have all the tools needed to complete the project... I'm passed!

Comment

• Figured I'd talk to myself a bit more...

Block top should be sent this week along with more goodies!
                    That means another week and I'll finally be able to move with the build.. Gona have to order many parts from Daz too. I still can do some cable management... oh yeah, almost forgot! One of the two pump/reservoir combo support broke! Yay for plastic parts! Too bad Daz doesn't have 4 of the singularity holders or I would get that..

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210417_122851.jpg Views:	0 Size:	62.1 KB ID:	93578

I didn't bother asking one to EK staff. I'll just get one from Daz on my next order..

So anyways, i encountered another issue while installing parts.. I can't have the XE rads on front of the hinged doors... with fans and reservoir it's too much and can't install the panoramic glass that way...
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	20210415_213842.jpg Views:	0 Size:	125.4 KB ID:	93579

So my solution, install the rads on the back side... but the holes didn't line up so I had to make new holes! That case is soo thick, it was a pain to do but made it!
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	20210416_140220.jpg Views:	0 Size:	107.9 KB ID:	93580
                    That's when the support broke..

Well, that's about as far as I can go except cable management and gosh it with be fun!
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	20210417_190826.jpg Views:	0 Size:	147.8 KB ID:	93581

Comment

• This has been a head banger build for sure.
                      Great job posting, love the details.
                      Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
                      OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
                      Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

• Originally posted by Hooded View Post
                        This has been a head banger build for sure.
                        Great job posting, love the details.
                        Thanks! You are right. So many headsches...changed plans and cases more often with that build than in the last 10 years haha. Just can't stick to something that doesn't get me 100% satisfied. Still not that satisfied either but I won't change again. I don't have the strength anymore... Even today, I did some cable management and it was soo exhausting.. this case has literally no where to hide cables but it will have to do.
                        will be updating again once I can move the build again...

Comment

• It looks awesome, in spite of all the EK parts. I just hope that Vector block is up to snuff, especially once you uncork the watts on that thing.

Comment

It looks awesome, in spite of all the EK parts. I just hope that Vector block is up to snuff, especially once you uncork the watts on that thing.
                            Yeah. Almost to that point in the rebuilding process! Cable management has been a real challenge in that case. Still pretty messy and unfinished but with the fact there is like nowhere to hide cables, I think it looks semi-decent haha. I was running the 6900xt at 2750MHz before taking the rig apart. Also managed a 5.3GHz, 1,36v OC on the cpu and I could push it farther but with the airflow issue I decided to wait until it would be in the Masterframe 700.. just lost a radiator for the 6900xt but thinking of either getting a TT P100 pedestal for extra cooling and remove the 360mm on top because well... it's not really giving the best look lol... Will see how it goes as is.. or make my own box under the case with extra cooling.

Comment

• Little update... As mentioned before, cable management really is unexistant lol... did what I could but I will have to work on it.. nowhere to hide cables! If I can get a TT P100 or make my own outside box and place it under the case, it would improve since I could remove the top radiator which should be there at all lol.
                              anyways, little time-line of the cable management!

Name:	20210417_190826.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	147.8 KB
ID:	93587
                              It's just the fans. I know I posted it higher but it's for the good of the time-line...

Name:	20210418_131610.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	148.8 KB
ID:	93588
                              Things just kept getting worse...

Name:	20210418_161953.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	124.3 KB
ID:	93589
                              And more!

Name:	20210419_054000.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	127.4 KB
ID:	93590
                              Not even close!

Name:	20210419_201531.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	135.1 KB
ID:	93591
                              Well, that's maybe half way... and nothing installed for the loop yet! No pump, no blocks, no rgb, no flow indicator, no led strips, no nothing haha!

To be continued!

Comment

• Part 2 of the time-line!

Slowly slowly... Please bare with me!!!!

Name:	20210420_091920.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	142.5 KB
ID:	93593
                                A bit better? Nay!

Name:	20210420_103631.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	129.9 KB
ID:	93594
                                Ouff ouff soo exhausted!!!

Name:	20210420_143328.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	133.3 KB
ID:	93595
                                Yep! Had to backtrack a little to include more cables..

Name:	20210420_152936.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	124.9 KB
ID:	93596
                                Front view with what I have installed so far...those two huge hole where the 24pin cable is, need to go away!!! I will have to craft something to fill those 2 but still haven't found anything yet...

Name:	20210420_175347.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	131.6 KB
ID:	93597
                                ​​​​​​​Not my best job but it's just a temporary solution until I find a definitive idea! Just some leftover wraps from modding the rads...

Comment

Working...
                                X