No announcement yet.

Project Bahamut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn bro, that's good work on cables. That is a hard mess to try to tame!

Comment

• Last update of the day... I know I know! Yay!!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210421_072330.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	122.6 KB
ID:	93600
      Both pump/reservoir combo installed... I had to use a different mounting mechanism since I broke one of the plastic support.. all I could come with.. but I love have a second holder higher on the reservoir! Makes it hold sturdier in place!

Name:	20210421_095602.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	135.8 KB
ID:	93601
      This is the look with the reservoir cables... rgb cable are still lose cause its still missing 4 rgb pieces to be installed like EK flow indicators and of course the GPU!

Name:	20210421_141322.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	144.7 KB
ID:	93602
      Received the block top from EK today! So quick! less than 24hours to process my help ticket, fix my issue and send the part! And DHL delivered in less than 48 hours!!! Great Great Great!!!! But....

Name:	20210421_133123.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	123.4 KB
ID:	93603
      But.... But they didn't only send me the top!!!! Received a bunch of goodies with it!!!
      That beanie is a first time seen!!! So comfortable and looks great! I'm a beanie guy so how did they know!!! Well, having members of their super staff in my friends list must sold it because I'm wearing one on my profile picture lol...
      Anyways, those goodies made my day! Goes to my collection along with the Bitspower plushy Daz sent me a little while ago!

Name:	20200706_100901.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	93604
      The little Bitspower guy I'm talking about! :-)

Have a good day everyone!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bartacus View Post
        Damn bro, that's good work on cables. That is a hard mess to try to tame!
        Thanks! Would've been better if I had gone with something more like "normal" haha. 18 corsair fans is à lot of trouble. I will improve it once everything with cables is installed. Maybe I will put aside the lighting of the fans on the back. Don't really need all that rgb in fact.

Comment

• Things moved a little.. New block top installed, the 6900 xt now has it's block and backplate and adjusted the angles of the hinged doors.. No idea what pads they used but gosh it was nasty.. the operation seems to have gone well...

Name:	20210422_155237.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	93611

Name:	20210423_045057.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	136.2 KB
ID:	93610

Name:	20210423_132829.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	122.8 KB
ID:	93609

Name:	20210423_133137.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	93608

And so far...

Name:	20210424_145156.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	113.4 KB
ID:	93612

Comment

• Things haven't moved much since that last update.. Received my 2 new EK drain valves. Added my little touch to them because they felt a little hmmmm plain...

Name:	20210428_094018.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	93649

Name:	20210428_090038.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	93650 Click image for larger version

Name:	20210428_095138.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	131.9 KB
ID:	93651 Click image for larger version

Name:	20210428_095256.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	93652

Also reworked on cable management a little but kinda pointless until every cables are in... d-rgb cables are all still lose on the back but almost everything is there now.

Name:	20210427_172732.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	157.9 KB
ID:	93653
            Far from perfect but it's deff the worse case I've had for cable management. Repeating myself probably lol! Gah, bad memory sorry... Gota admit tho... it's an extreme set-up and no normal build would be that hard to do. I'm the only one to blame for that. Still, it would be nice if the case had some kind of box to hide cables.. I also still have to make my own cables. Having all of them at the right length will deffinately improve the management!

Comment

• Last update of the day... tubes runs have started! Gah those angled panels will give me a hard time! But I will manage!!!

I was going to buy a new 3d printer since my two other ones are dead but my friend bought one. So he's gona make the mods for me. No need to pay anything hehe. He's starting with this but already good with the softwares to either create or do pre-made models. Only thing, he can't sell SLT format items but there are other formats he can use or he can do stuff from scratch.

**So if you need anything 3d printed, let me know! His prices are very very very low and he is really good!**
              Here's a couple pics of some test mods we did... Actually, nope. Not gona show them just yet! Don't want anyone to steal the ideas and models lol. Gona show them once they are installed hehe

So first tube run is in...

Name:	20210501_145854.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	124.9 KB
ID:	93656

Couldn't do much more because I had to work on a friend's rig and health going real bad but will manage I'm sure. Just slowly lol! Should receive my last order from Daz today with a single 90° angled adapter in it to replace that dual 45° on the top rad haha. Lots of tubes too since I had to use mines in friend's build.

More update with more progress should come in in the next couple weeks and hopefully I'll be able to complete that part! Then we start crafting the pedestal to go under the case!!! Can't wait hehe! :-)

Comment

• Hope you bought a blower for the incoming dust on that case lol.

Originally posted by Danny79-Qc View Post
                Forgot to mention, I received the new radiator and tubes last week... Thanks to Daz fast shipping processing and FedEx fast delivery service! Of course I moded the XE radiator to go with the rest! Click image for larger version  Name:	20210406_204653.jpg Views:	33 Size:	45.8 KB ID:	93572
                Really wished Ek idiot proofed the screw holes by putting a metal bracket behind it like Corsair does. Last Ek rad I had screwed right into the water channel by mistake, fun times...

Comment

• Originally posted by Wyn View Post
                  Hope you bought a blower for the incoming dust on that case lol.
                  Really wished Ek idiot proofed the screw holes by putting a metal bracket behind it like Corsair does. Last Ek rad I had screwed right into the water channel by mistake, fun times...
                  I blast air prior every utilization so I'm not worried. Its far from being my first build. It's a present for someone tho but he's a clean freak like me. Dust won't be any worse than any other case. With the tempered glass on the front and the custom filter I will install on top it will be more than enough. Plus I've installed custom filters between the fans and radiators so it will be easy to clean. Haven't been in the industry for the past almost 25 years for nothing lol.

No idea why you call them idiot for that. The screws they send with their rads are between 28-30mm so unless you use unconventional fans, you shouldn't hit the fins. You should always make sure the screws length is ok before screwing in. So that's user error if something bad happens lol. I thought you said the build you posted was your first watercooled build?

Comment

• Originally posted by Danny79-Qc View Post

I blast air prior every utilization so I'm not worried. Its far from being my first build. It's a present for someone tho but he's a clean freak like me. Dust won't be any worse than any other case. With the tempered glass on the front and the custom filter I will install on top it will be more than enough. Plus I've installed custom filters between the fans and radiators so it will be easy to clean. Haven't been in the industry for the past almost 25 years for nothing lol.

No idea why you call them idiot for that. The screws they send with their rads are between 28-30mm so unless you use unconventional fans, you shouldn't hit the fins. You should always make sure the screws length is ok before screwing in. So that's user error if something bad happens lol. I thought you said the build you posted was your first watercooled build?
                    I meant idiot proof for idiots like me lol, one of my corsair xr5 360's was originally a Ek Pe for some extra thickness, had to pause the build waiting on replacement after leaking distilled water all over the place checking flow that turned into another corsair matching with other one. How I managed to screw into the rad with the correct screw I'll never know.

Always figured the open cases were pain for dust glad I'm wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wyn View Post

I meant idiot proof for idiots like me lol, one of my corsair xr5 360's was originally a Ek Pe for some extra thickness, had to pause the build waiting on replacement after leaking distilled water all over the place checking flow that turned into another corsair matching with other one. How I managed to screw into the rad with the correct screw I'll never know.

Always figured the open cases were pain for dust glad I'm wrong.
                      Open air are deff not made for everyone. If the person plans on cleaning once a month or even less than that, then it's deffinately not a good solution. I clean everyday or before use with air so it's not as bad. With the filters I have installed on radiators and the one I'll mod to fit the top, it will have the same results or close, as a closed case. Went that way because my project is too restrictive on airflow in a standard case. Even this one will eventually be modified to remove the top radiator. Going to craft a 3 chamber pedestal to put under it and bring frais air from bellow and create a somewhat type of airflow for better heat dissipation through the top. Unless temps show to be really good but this build is a guess at each steps lol.

Yeah just realized what you meant about idiot proofed. Still need to work on my english obviously haha. It's weird it happened with original screws. Haven't used Noctua in a while so maybe they are too slim. What's the thickness of those already?

Comment

• Still in process... getting very slow.. very very slow haha..

Almost done with the tubing.. had to,change routes a couple times just because of the aesthetics.. Couple pics.

Name:	20210424_175224.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	93698
                        I had a little problem with one sticker of the gpu block. Its now fixed thanks to great ek support!

Name:	20210502_104302.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	132.7 KB
ID:	93699
                        Tubes planning was going smoothly... Taking my time frosting the tubes... Sadly, my pads are dead so the quality of the frosting is bad right now...

Name:	20210503_200620.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	130.7 KB
ID:	93700
                        Third tube in... It's starting to look like a loop lol...

Name:	20210503_203557.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	93701 Click image for larger version

Name:	20210503_203544.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	93702
                        I was still waiting on my first batch of mods so after stopping playing guitar for like 3 years, and had sold my collection, decided to buy a new one to have something to do, while waiting on the mods.. I quit playing because of my health, I can't play more than 15-20 minutes here and there and can't do much anymore with my fingers. The pain of looking at all my guitars and not be able to play anymore is the reason I sold em all. But I realized not having them anymore just to be able to play a little, was even greater. So I got this little baby. Not the greatest guitar I owned but it's still a Fender and I love the Johnny Cash look she have! :-) funnily, I will be modding it soon haha!

More updates about the build to come!!!

Comment

• Last part of today's update. Received the first part of my 3d printed mods from my friend Marc but I'm not ready to show them just yet :-P I will post some pics of what I have done so far without the mods on.

Name:	20210504_100857.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	140.0 KB
ID:	93704
                          Yes I used a sharp here. It's not the tubes I'm installing. I use them as a ruler. But gives an idea of the run. Would've made it a single run but will be running both loops with a filter just before both blocks for 2 weeks. Just to filter everything that,could be left in the loop. Then gona replace both line with single runs.

Name:	20210508_104929.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	130.0 KB
ID:	93705
                          That's the result once installed... Not great but it fits.

Name:	20210508_105104.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	126.8 KB
ID:	93706
                          That's where I decided to change tubes plan. looked terrible with the top radiator runs like that... Tried to make both side have a identical top run but the left top tubes were saging badly as you will see on the next photo...

Name:	20210509_164250.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	127.1 KB
ID:	93707
                          Like I said, it didn't look good. So I thrown both top runs in the garbage and flipped the top radiator to have the ports down. Will be harder to Bleed air but it's the only option I could come with at that time.

Name:	20210513_154347.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	127.5 KB
ID:	93708
                          Last picture I can share since all the rest have half of the mods installed... that's with the top rad flipped and gpu run completed.

I won't be updating again until I'm done painting my mods and the lights are on. It will be a little while for sure..

Have a good day everyone!

Comment

• Great looking build. Love the frosted tubes!

Comment

• Originally posted by MackTheKnight View Post
                              Great looking build. Love the frosted tubes!
                              Thank you. Not my best build out of all the ones I did but with my situation, I'm getting more and more happy with it as it gets closer to completion. Went through 7 cases before finding one I actually liked. Saw this one before release so as soon as it came out, it was on the way. Going with dual loop and the way I want it to be didn't make it easy at all lol. I'm still not completely happy with it but once my custom box if crafted, I will be removing the top radiator to place it with a 480mm in a three chamber pedestal. It should improve the aesthetics drastically lol. I'm happy because there's still not so many builds in it and even less with hard tubes. The only one I've seen that looks good is the one design by IFR did with a custom distro at the floor. Also starting to look good with part 1 of mods I'm going to use. Can't show them just yet but it should be very soon hehe.

Comment

• It's a pretty sweet case and very unique! I'd only seen the gamers nexus review of it recently, and no actual builds in it. I'm surprised you were able to get hold of one so quickly!

I love an open chassis like that but sadly it wouldn't survive the cat-hair in my house, lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X