Project Bahamut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hahaha. You know me.
    I gota give it some day tho! I've been on that project for soo long.. I just keep upgrading over and over. Even thinking of going with FLT360 lol!

Comment

• Originally posted by section31 View Post
      im sure you will add more stuff. Its never ending improvement field lol.
      But honestly, I should've given it a long time ago. I need to finish it before too long. I've been running on fumes for a while...
      Give it to the nephew and start my own project would be smarter anyways

Comment

• Originally posted by Danny79-Qc View Post

But honestly, I should've given it a long time ago. I need to finish it before too long. I've been running on fumes for a while...
        Give it to the nephew and start my own project would be smarter anyways
        Can't wait to see your. It's going to look sweet with all the new products from ekwb recent expo.

Comment

Can't wait to see your. It's going to look sweet with all the new products from ekwb recent expo.
          Yeah. I can't wait either. That's another reason to finish this one quick so I can start anew with the new Quantum line once they come out. Hopefully I'll have enough time to do it. Starting a new treatment soon too which got approved here not so long ago. Some people have been having it outside of our stupid country and they are still there after 10-12 years. Stupid law here, they take forever to approve health care stuff. Hopefully my body will react positively to it. Will see..
          Anyways, EK needs to release their parts faster lol. Lots of people are waiting on that. Just like Watercool. It's taking forever to get here. Not that I will be using anything but I know lots of people wanting these parts and don't want to go through international shipping.

Comment

• Originally posted by Danny79-Qc View Post

Yeah. I can't wait either. That's another reason to finish this one quick so I can start anew with the new Quantum line once they come out. Hopefully I'll have enough time to do it. Starting a new treatment soon too which got approved here not so long ago. Some people have been having it outside of our stupid country and they are still there after 10-12 years. Stupid law here, they take forever to approve health care stuff. Hopefully my body will react positively to it. Will see..
            Anyways, EK needs to release their parts faster lol. Lots of people are waiting on that. Just like Watercool. It's taking forever to get here. Not that I will be using anything but I know lots of people wanting these parts and don't want to go through international shipping.
            Hope so. I am used to international shipping so i keep on going that route. We both will see ongoing upgrades, i bound to get stuff in 2022. If your looking for watercool, aquacomputer i will be placing orders next year. Couple other items i am targeting from us brand but take rest for now.

Comment

• I try to keep it locally or at least to our country to help stores owners and our economic so you won't see me order from the US anymore. Unless I have no choice with all the "out of stock" we see lately lol. And I encourage people to do the same. Plus, I know you like Optimus, they are not badly performing outside the fact their block are very restrictive but something really bugs me. We are the country right next to them and I just can't find anything to justify their prices and the extra we have to pay here. That's the US for us lol.

Now to get my hands on a leakshield lol. I can't tilt that case so bleeding is a pain and that lil thing can do just that. Well, it can do other things but it's what I need it for.

Comment

• Respect your shopping habits. Each person is different. My parents and me have been doing this for long time with international travel - self import stuff from asia, us , and europe and in the case of hong kong, often times export stuff from here there to store at the flat there (so think stuff not available there or expensive like tide, filters, pots and pans, even 3 ply toilet paper). Even bring back crabs, lobster and hotel cut prime ribs a one point. We transfer old routers here that we upgrade over to hong kong.

We sometimes still buy cellphones, laptops, cameras from hong kong but not so much now. Just wherever cheaper for us, offers most extras and has color choices we what. I probably next time am buying an laptop from china and pickup myself and bring back as china has lot more models and specs i want and are very affordable prices (cheaper than canada). Warranty isn’t an concern since i go there every year so can service then. I got access to local currency so also conversion not an issue. Of course this things are only available select group of canadians.

In the future i will do it for my custom keyboard stuff. Thats another hobby to avoid. Stuff expensive as watercooling lol. I haven’t gotten my first board done (groupbuy stuff takes 6-12months) and its over 1000cad spent. Planning my second board.

An leakshield will not help you just to let you know. Bunch of us with dual reservoir and dual d5 asked aquacomputer. There’s too high flow rate that it will leak. I wouldn’t have it on in your case unless you need it for filling, draining.

I am tempted to order one in but its not very useful for me with the way i designed my loop.
                Last edited by section31; 07-11-2021, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Respect your shopping habits. Each person is different. My parents and me have been doing this for long time with international travel - self import stuff from asia, us , and europe and in the case of hong kong, often times export stuff from here there to store at the flat there (so think stuff not available there or expensive like tide, filters, pots and pans, even 3 ply toilet paper). Even bring back crabs, lobster and hotel cut prime ribs a one point. We transfer old routers here that we upgrade over to hong kong.

We sometimes still buy cellphones, laptops, cameras from hong kong but not so much now. Just wherever cheaper for us, offers most extras and has color choices we what. I probably next time am buying an laptop from china and pickup myself and bring back as china has lot more models and specs i want and are very affordable prices (cheaper than canada). Warranty isn’t an concern since i go there every year so can service then. I got access to local currency so also conversion not an issue. Of course this things are only available select group of canadians.

In the future i will do it for my custom keyboard stuff. Thats another hobby to avoid. Stuff expensive as watercooling lol. I haven’t gotten my first board done (groupbuy stuff takes 6-12months) and its over 1000cad spent. Planning my second board.

An leakshield will not help you just to let you know. Bunch of us with dual reservoir and dual d5 asked aquacomputer. There’s too high flow rate that it will leak. I wouldn’t have it on in your case unless you need it for filling, draining.

I am tempted to order one in but its not very useful for me with the way i designed my loop.
                  Haha it's exactly the reason I wana grab one. For air bleeding. Then store it back in it's box. It would not be an issue with this project since the pumps are not on the same loop. I don't see a point to have something like that exclusively for leaks since there's no reason a hole would form like that at any point and I'm pretty confident in what I do. If it holds with leak tester, that thing is useless except for the other things it do. Like the air bleeding for one. Very useful for builds you can't tilt like the one I'm doing. Bleeding air with the cpu loop has been a real pain because the top rad have the ports down. To Bleed it properly, I'd need to tilt it on the side but the doors will break if I do that. So only option was to power cycle on and off but it wasn't very effective because of flow restriction. That thing will Bleed loops without moving a single finger lol. Anyways, I don't think Anatoly will get them before I'm done with upgrading it and filling. Unless I can get my hands on one in like two weeks, I won't be grabbing one. Or maybe for the next project if I get there haha.

Comment

• Here. One last look at it before I drain it... cleaning everything will take forever but need to do it... dropping the top radiator finally to place it with another 360mm but not saying how.
                    Then swapping 6 more Corsair fans for X3M!
                    Gona install the second XE 360mm for the GPU loop as well. Then doing the deffinitive tubing. Sadly, forgot I still need to replace the PE 360 for a XE.. need ports on both sides to do what I want to do. Inlet on front, outlet on the back of the radiator... that will make 4×360mm XE radiators. Two per loop hehe.
                    And Captain Smurf go bye-bye!
                    Looked great and I didn't have any issues with solid white and blue but it completely hides the frosting job I did to the reservoirs and tubes so going with clear and clear blue. I will be using a new clear coolant which is not on the market yet hehe. But not saying which, where or how.

After that, all I will need, will be to get the 12 other X3M fans I need, (easy to swap even after everything is done with a open air case like that hehe), get a new Octo because I'm keeping mine for my own pc. Complete the case modding and done!!!

Pics.. Say goodbye Captain Smurf!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210709_125058.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	121.6 KB
ID:	94042

Name:	20210709_125234.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	94043

Name:	20210709_125313.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	94044

Name:	20210709_124357.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	94045

Name:	20210709_125141.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	94046

Oh! And yes, the MSI fan covers are going out too since the board is gone.. already have bunch of EK and Asus covers on the making
                    See you all soon!

Comment

• I have potential huge deal sometime in 2022. Assuming i go back to Hong Kong, i might spend that 10k hkd cash handout plus 5k hkd digital voucher on top end alderlake, high end intel board and ddr5. The money more or less got to be spent locally. The end result is i can sell off my 5950x, x570 hero dark, ram for the costs for optimus lga1700 block plus taxes to bring into canada (so 300-500cad). Lets see if i can get back though with that stupid 7day at hotel for fully vaccinated individual.

Last of the free cash handouts by the HK SAR government. The pandemic more or less burned that treasury surplus they had for all these years.
                      Last edited by section31; 07-11-2021, 05:32 PM.

Comment

• Well.. Back to day one!!!
                        Still need to take out the cpu block and bridge for clean-up before switching for clear coolant but I'm pretty much back to the beginning of the build.. Sadly, I will work on it and still need to thinker with it because I only have 3 XE radiators and I need 4. Using a PE radiator until I can afford the XE... Been looking for a trade but no one wana get rid of their XE radiators gah...

Name:	20210712_135438.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	118.3 KB
ID:	94049

Little sandwich of radiators...

Name:	20210712_153233.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	94050

Anyone ever done a sandwich club with 3 row of fans and 2 radiators between them?

Comment

• Contact Shawnb99 on Overclock.net. He’s likely going to be getting watercool or optimus internal radiator. Fyi, hes also not an ekwb users. He has 360 rads for sale upcoming.

https://www.overclock.net/threads/fs...-gear.1792499/

This guy has lot of excess including aquacomputer gear. Seven Rads and Six D5 Next and 61 A12x25. I am literally are discussing getting optimus reservoir with him atm since glass one is far out.

Heck, I could help you get ahold of one if you truly want one for free. I have an old XE360 Rad that ended up being used by him. I am suppose to help him upgrade his water loop this or next year as his mcp50x is approaching end of life. I was thinking of placing more orders for watercool new internal radiator (either 360mm for him or if i go 480mm with V3000+, give him my watercool 360 rads for free. Hence you could have gotten free radiators.
                          Last edited by section31; 07-13-2021, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Contact Shawnb99 on Overclock.net. He’s likely going to be getting watercool or optimus internal radiator. Fyi, hes also not an ekwb users. He has 360 rads for sale upcoming.

https://www.overclock.net/threads/fs...-gear.1792499/

This guy has lot of excess including aquacomputer gear. Seven Rads and Six D5 Next and 61 A12x25. I am literally are discussing getting optimus reservoir with him atm since glass one is far out.

Heck, I could help you get ahold of one if you truly want one for free. I have an old XE360 Rad that ended up being used by him. I am suppose to help him upgrade his water loop this or next year as his mcp50x is approaching end of life. I was thinking of placing more orders for watercool new internal radiator (either 360mm for him or if i go 480mm with V3000+, give him my watercool 360 rads for free. Hence you could have gotten free radiators.
                            Thanks. I found something today and getting it next week. A friend of mine decided to swap case and needs a smaller rad so we are gona switch them lol. Patience pays almost all of the time hehe. That leaves me with getting the new cpu, a Octo and 12 more X3M and done!

Comment

• Even had a little issue installing the reservoir mounts on the X3M. They are deffinately not made to install anything on them as shown on this picture..

Name:	20210713_145121.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	94056
                              So after being given the idea of spacers, which was not possible with my printers dead and trashed, I came up with that. Worked wonderful!

Name:	20210713_205527.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	94057
                              One nut to hold the fan in place and one to keep the mount locked in place!

Comment

• Nice job fixing it. We all have to do that type of work.

Comment

Working...
                                X