Project: "Containment 51"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project: "Containment 51"

Hey all! So now that covid is a but less of a stumbling block, I can finally move forward with my project for Thermaltake!

Initially I had titled it "Metal Slug" as it was planned to be an ode to my favorite arcade stand up title. However as time, and ideas flowed forward, the vision and plan changed!

Currently still in the design phase of the project, so expect to see some physical material getting turned into aluminum chips soon!

Components:
    Cpu: Intel i9-9900k (@5.0ghz all core)
    Mobo: Asus Maximus XI Formula
    RAM: Thermaltake toughram platinum 32gb, 3600mhz (4x8gb)
    Gpu: TBD (MSI 1080ti lightning Z, until 3080/3090 is found)
    PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower pf1 ARGB 850w platinum
    SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 1tb nvme m.2
    Chassis: Thermaltake View 51 TG ARGB

Cooling:
    Rads: Thermaltake Pacific CLM360 ×2
    Cpu Block: Thermaltake w7
    Fittings: Thermaltake C-pro 16mm
    Tubing: Thermaltake V-Tubler 16mm
    Pump/res: Thermaltake
    Fans: Thermaltake Riing quad 120mm ×9

Behold! The model for my View 51 mod, sponsored by Thermaltake! Titled "Containment 51"

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210211_172714.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	93370

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210211_181333.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	103.4 KB
ID:	93371

All the modeling was done on Fusion 360, and the project uses a mixture of acrylics and aluminum. I cant take credit for modeling the motherboard though. It was taken from GrabCad as a placeholder.

The main features of the mod will be a mechanized and moving motherboard tray, using ballscrews and nema 17 stepper motors, custom rigged to slide the entire tray up and down at the press of a button to lift the components up out of the case for all to see.

Secondly I'll be using custom made gearing, belts, bearings and shafts to retract and extend the main side panels to reveal the moving interior, also at the press of a button!

Stay tuned for some enormous updates soon

Looks like a cool concept build.
    Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
    OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
    Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Originally posted by Hooded View Post
      Looks like a cool concept build.
      Gracias amigo!

I'm gonna be adding in some funky bits I've never seen included in mods before. There'll be a few magnetic Reed switches embedded under the TT logos somewhere to act as keystones for the power circuit.

And if I can manage to teach myself how to build and program a pi or arduino with a custom touch screen UI, im hoping to control it all remotely on another custom built device.

Comment

That looks a very promising project!

Comment

Very neat idea, I like the materials too. No plan of battle survives contact with the enemy!

Will this be your 2021 modding contest entry (if we are lucky enough to get to play in that sandbox again)? I am getting the itch myself, and have started accumulating some stuff for a UV COVID destroyer in an old 600T!

Comment

Originally posted by Grinder View Post
            Very neat idea, I like the materials too. No plan of battle survives contact with the enemy!

Will this be your 2021 modding contest entry (if we are lucky enough to get to play in that sandbox again)? I am getting the itch myself, and have started accumulating some stuff for a UV COVID destroyer in an old 600T!
            Thanks! And ain't that the truth haha. Something always changes during the process!

I haven't decided if it's gonna be my entry for the competition or not yet. Once it's almost done and I can put in a request for a few more components from TT I have 2 more builds I'm gonna TRY to get done this year since 2020 was a write off. The other 2 projects are set in stone for brainstorming. Just gotta start design once I can measure the chassis I'm gonna use for them.

Couple hints for the upcoming projects:

1. JOIN MY ARMY OF THE DEAD!

2. Snakes... why'd it have to be snakes...

Comment

Originally posted by C0LLARD View Post
              That looks a very promising project!
              Thanks! I'm hoping it turns out as well in my hands as I planned in my head haha.

Comment

Looking cool!
                Sentinel Build: Build Log,
                Venom Build: Build Log,
                Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
                Orange Build: Final Video
                HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Going to be primo man can’t wait to see this come to life !

Comment

This looks nuts in the best possible way!

Comment

Working...
                    X