RGB Craze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RGB Craze

First watercooled setup, took 2 months to get all the watercoolin parts together.

Temps while gaming: CPU: 35c-45c / GPU: 40c-45c

Specs below.

Click image for larger version  Name:	dTCWcHt.jpg Views:	0 Size:	36.9 KB ID:	93620
    Click image for larger version  Name:	H1RGJ2R.jpg Views:	0 Size:	42.3 KB ID:	93621
    Click image for larger version  Name:	2OzHlf0.jpg Views:	0 Size:	47.3 KB ID:	93622
    Click image for larger version  Name:	GWGub44.jpg Views:	0 Size:	51.5 KB ID:	93623
    Click image for larger version  Name:	4M2k9qB.jpg Views:	0 Size:	54.9 KB ID:	93624

Specs:
    • CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor
    • Thermal Compound: Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Extreme
    • Motherboard: MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
    • Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory
    • Storage: Samsung 840 Pro Series 512 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
    • Storage: Samsung 860 Evo 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive
    • Storage: Samsung 860 Evo 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive
    • Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB FTW3 ULTRA GAMING Video Card
    • Case: In Win 309 ATX Mid Tower Case
    • Power Supply: EVGA P2 1600 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
    • Case Fan: Noctua F12 industrialPPC-3000 PWM 109.89 CFM 120 mm Fan x 7
    • Electop Chassis Fan Hub CPU Cooling HUB 10 Port 12V 4 Pin Fan PWM Fan Hub Controller
    • EVGA Black & Light Blue 1600 G2/P2/T2 Power Supply Cable Set, Individually Sleeved (100-G2-16KL-B9)
    • Phanteks PH-FF120DRGBA_BK01 120mm Halos Lux Digital RGB Fan Frames x 7
    • 5v 3-pin D-RGB 3-Way splitter cable – Jet Black Sleeved x 2

Watercooling parts:
    • EK-Velocity RGB – Nickel + Plexi
    • EK-Quantum Kinetic TBE 200 D5 PWM D-RGB – Plexi
    • MP5Works GPU Backplate Waterblock
    • EK-Quantum Vector FTW3 RTX 3080/3090 D-RGB – Nickel + Plexi
    • EK-Quantum Vector FTW3 RTX 3080/3090 Backplate – Black
    • EK-Torque STC-10/13 – Black
    • EK-Torque Angled 90° – Black
    • EK-Quantum Torque Drain Valve – Black
    • EK-CryoFuel Navy Blue V.2 (Premix 1000mL)
    • EK-AF Extender 8mm M-F G1/4 – Black
    • EK-AF Angled 2×45° G1/4 Black
    • EK-DuraClear 9,5/12,7mm 3M
    • Hydro X Series XR5 360mm Water Cooling Radiator x 2
    • Hydro X Series XR5 120mm Water Cooling Radiator
    • QD3 Male Quick Disconnect No-Spill Coupling, Male Threaded G1/4 – BSPP – Black
    • QD3 Female Quick Disconnect No-Spill Coupling, Compression for 10mm x 13mm (3/8in x 1/2in) - Black

Nice Build. Water parts are somewhat hard to get now. Lot of delays due to supply chain issues especially new items. I'm running longer than you, it so far almost 9months and i am still running on temp waterloop. The heatkiller new internal radiators being the only holdup remaining for me.

Comment

Originally posted by section31 View Post
      Nice Build. Water parts are somewhat hard to get now. Lot of delays due to supply chain issues especially new items. I'm running longer than you, it so far almost 9months and i am still running on temp waterloop. The heatkiller new internal radiators being the only holdup remaining for me.
      Getting my backplate from the UK via DHL took less time then items from Missausaga via Canada Post, it's still pretty bad at the moment. Had to resort to FedEx here a few times for need asap items.

At least I can say it took me longer to get the 3090 lol.

Comment

Looking good. Had a couple 9900k and it's a solid chip. Had one with a Maximus and another with Aorus Master. Managed 5.2GHz on the Aorus Master at 1.28v.

35-45 while gaming? Hmmm you sure? With a 3090 in the loop and the 3090 at 40-45°? I'd love to know more! Which game, which ambient, and all please.

I stopped using Canada Post a long time ago after they lost my 3rd package in like 2 months. They also have been really slow before that. Heh, it was bad before the pandemic so it could only get worse after haha. They holded one of my packages from Daz for over a month.. They said they didn't know where it was. Then Daz canceled the delivery. Guess how much time it took to get it back from Montreal? Less than 48 hours! Lol... Only using FedEx Priority now. Less than 24h to get my stuff with Daz fast processing but it can be expensive on the long run. Also have lot's of stuff coming from EK directly, DHL sure is fast. Between 2 to 3 days to get my orders. And cheaper than Fedex.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny79-Qc View Post
          Looking good. Had a couple 9900k and it's a solid chip. Had one with a Maximus and another with Aorus Master. Managed 5.2GHz on the Aorus Master at 1.28v.

35-45 while gaming? Hmmm you sure? With a 3090 in the loop and the 3090 at 40-45°? I'd love to know more! Which game, which ambient, and all please.

I stopped using Canada Post a long time ago after they lost my 3rd package in like 2 months. They also have been really slow before that. Heh, it was bad before the pandemic so it could only get worse after haha. They holded one of my packages from Daz for over a month.. They said they didn't know where it was. Then Daz canceled the delivery. Guess how much time it took to get it back from Montreal? Less than 48 hours! Lol... Only using FedEx Priority now. Less than 24h to get my stuff with Daz fast processing but it can be expensive on the long run. Also have lot's of stuff coming from EK directly, DHL sure is fast. Between 2 to 3 days to get my orders. And cheaper than Fedex.
          Fedex is great here but it costs me an arm and a leg price wise lol.

Currently playing Horizon Zero Dawn and Black Desert Online. Horizon struggles to hit 40c and Black Desert is around 43c-45c. Ambient is 21c.

Here's temps after 24mins from Hwinfo and Precision X playing Horizon. I'll do some benchmarking later today.

Comment

3DMark Time Spy temps

Comment

Very interesting. I had my 9900k idle at 28° with exactly 21° ambient. Which was about 8-9° Delta. Was getting low 50s in Tomb Raiders and Control. GPU was a 2080ti at that time and a 2080Super. Idle was 26-27 for both and in game I was also in the 48-50°. Even had a more extreme cooling than that and we know those GPUs are far more colder than a 3090. Really impressed.

Comment

Very interesting. I had my 9900k idle at 28° with exactly 21° ambient. Which was about 8-9° Delta. Was getting low 50s in Tomb Raiders and Control. GPU was a 2080ti at that time and a 2080Super. Idle was 26-27 for both and in game I was also in the 48-50°. Even had a more extreme cooling than that and we know those GPUs are far more colder than a 3090. Really impressed.
                Fans always at 2k+ Rpm

Last edited by Wyn; 05-05-2021, 04:10 AM.

Comment

Ouch the noise of those noctua! I can't stand it, my ears are bleeding! Hahaha! But yeah that could explain à bit but still, those temps are kinda low for only the fans at 2k rpm. All the 3090's I've seen were running more hot than that even with sick builds. And the 9900k. Don't remember if I had one or saw one at those temps. Like I said if all those numbers are legit, it's quite impressive

Comment

Ouch the noise of those noctua! I can't stand it, my ears are bleeding! Hahaha! But yeah that could explain à bit but still, those temps are kinda low for only the fans at 2k rpm. All the 3090's I've seen were running more hot than that even with sick builds. And the 9900k. Don't remember if I had one or saw one at those temps. Like I said if all those numbers are legit, it's quite impressive
                    I got curious, and borrowed an infrared temperature gun.

Ambient Temperature (Floor, Nearby fan is reporting 20C):

Res was going between 31c and 33c:

Top of 3090 right side 33c:

Top of 3090 left side 36C:

Active backplate 32C:

9900k block 32C:

Comment

Yup. You're in the norms. Most systems will be between 30-35° so you are right on spot lol.

Comment

Yup. You're in the norms. Most systems will be between 30-35° so you are right on spot lol.
                        I'm already thinking about a mo-ra...

Comment

Originally posted by Wyn View Post

I'm already thinking about a mo-ra...
                          Haha why?

Comment

Haha why?
                            For the summer and just cause lol

Comment

Originally posted by Wyn View Post

For the summer and just cause lol
                              There's new mo-ra in development. Might take couples years. Seriously though, the pricing for those new heatkiller rads are really good. You might want to just do your own diy enclosure using them. That or get one now. Right now there's also an ongoing groupbuy being organized based out of Toronto area that already has more than 400euro in order(and free shipping). Individual on Reddit called Cennis2018.

I handled the west coast one and its already been closed up.

240mm Version 30mm - 57Euro
                              360mm Version 30mm - 76Euro
                              360mm Version 50mm - 101Euro (92Euro for non-stainless color)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Nn9SZXbxGE

Comment

Working...
                              X