Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grinder
    replied
    Minimalist for sure, but I love scrounging odd parts for mods - never would have thought of using drawers!

I like the offset to allow the rad to exhaust as well.

Leave a comment:

• infinium
    replied
    Originally posted by wattermain View Post
    Hey infinium, I gotta tell ya that if I would have seen this case at Canada Computer I probably would have taken a pass on it. But now that I see what you have done with it, I definitely would go back and pick one up. Well done. Gotta love the zmt tubing.
    Haha thanks... It's probably not for everyone I acknowledge. I wanted to be minimalistic and build something unique but practical. Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• wattermain
    replied
    Hey infinium, I gotta tell ya that if I would have seen this case at Canada Computer I probably would have taken a pass on it. But now that I see what you have done with it, I definitely would go back and pick one up. Well done. Gotta love the zmt tubing.

Leave a comment:

• infinium
    started a topic Project: Bl&ck Cor&l

Project: Bl&ck Cor&l

Decided to do something unique (+ didn't want to be restricted by typical PC cases + didn't want to spend $$$ on a big PC case + wanted to learn some new skills). It was an arduous process

> Found a couple of discarded cabinet drawers that fit the bill. Took them, did (learned) the wood work, stained it with a freely donated stain color by a friend, and voila.

> I don't particularly care for RGB lighting, whatever lighting you see came with the parts. In fact my stupid ass already has managed to burn out the addressable RBG strip for the GPU block. Maybe I will replace it, maybe not.

> This was my first ever custom loop and building a case from scratch. I'm not a pro by any means. Evidently the finish is not top notch everywhere, but I'm ok with that.

Called it 'Bl&ck Cor&l' because the color scheme kind of reminds me of scuba diving some place tropical and the black parts stand out like coral reefs. Just go with it lol.

Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 5900X

GPU: Sapphire RX6900XT Nitro+

Motherboard: ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PRO (WiFi 6)

Memory: G.SKILL Trident Z RGB Series 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3600MHz

PSU: Corsair RM1000x

Cooling:

CPU: Alphacool Eisblock XPX CPU - deep black

GPU: Eisblock Aurora Acryl GPX-A Radeon RX 6800XT/6900XT Nitro+ with Backplate

Radiator: Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 Full Copper 560mm radiator

Reservoir: Alphacool Eisfach - Single Laing D5 - Dual 5,25 Bay Station

Fans: Noctua NF-A14 Indu. 2000 PWM 140x140x25 X 4

Fittings: Alphacool Eiszapfen 19/13mm compression fittings

Tubing: EK Water Blocks EK-Tube ZMT tube 19/13 mm

I have photos from the build too, but that would result in me uploading 50+ photos. Happy to answer any questions.
    Last edited by infinium; 05-23-2021, 03:04 AM.
Working...
X