Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wattermain
    replied
    THE OTHER... is my PC-v353. I was doing some maintenance on it and I noticed that it didn't have a ram block on it. What the. So just a few pics of that install. Same old machine for quite a while now. Did install a couple of tees in the line for filling and draining

​​​​​​​Think I'm good for a couple more years

Leave a comment:

• wattermain
    replied
    Thanks Danny, they can be a challenge for sure

Leave a comment:

• wattermain
    replied
    THAT is a PC-Q08.

Took the mid plate from The Slob over to Metal Supermarket in Stoney Creek and they cut the motherboard back plate out of it. Good bunch of guys over there.

​​

​​

So what reservoir do you get for a ten year old case, a ten year old reservoir. This thing is a work of art.

​​

Using two 10W pumps in it and each one runs off it's own fan header on the Aquero.

​​

​​

Picked up a 400W HD-Plex for this machine. Squeezed it in just above the two 80mm rads.

​​

Managed to get the AC-DC converter attached to the ATX bracket that they sell

​​

​​

Had the same deal with the NVMe in this machine. No boot

Still trying to get the air out of the NVMe loop

Last edited by wattermain; 08-21-2021, 05:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Danny79-Qc
    replied
    Those SFF builds are a real nightmare to work in. These look pretty good.

Leave a comment:

• wattermain
    started a topic THIS, THAT, and THE OTHER LIAN-LI

THIS, THAT, and THE OTHER LIAN-LI

THIS is a PC-Q25. Like in most small Lian-li cases the PSU is mounted directly in front of the motherboard. This makes it very difficult to work on it. Some of the components in these builds may look familiar. The Slob underwent a controlled demolition after I just couldn't pick it up anymore.

This machine is going to be a headless music server, but even so it shouldn't look like this when the side panel is removed.

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Picked up an HDPlex 200W PSU. Leaves a lot more room for the important stuff

​​​​​

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

The AC-DC converter just managed to fit under the radiator and the DC-ATX converter plugs right into the motherboard.

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
    ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

​​​​​

It's pretty tough to score a 2x ram block so I used a universal motherboard block. Could have been a couple of millimeters wider

​​​​​​​​​​​

The plan was to just have an NVMe drive but I guess Sandybridge is getting a little old and won’t boot from it .Ended up installing Daphile OS on 80G Intel ssd and using NVMe for storage

​​​​​

​​​​​

The tiny EK pump in there is perfect for serving music. Barely audible

​​​​​

​​
    ​​​
    Going to post this now before I lose it again.

​​​​​​​​​​​​
    Last edited by wattermain; 08-16-2021, 01:17 AM.
Working...
X