X299 Build By Section31

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X299 Build By Section31

I have just finished this build (almost done). I had lot of things i had to change this build like the case i was using was just pain to work in. Guess i am used to the caselabs case (previous build was in caselabs s5 but their aren't any good matx x299 boards). Fortunately had friends who ended up buying/using the parts i had to change to.

CASE: Caselabs S8
    CPU: I9-7920X
    Motherboard: Asus Rampage VI Apex
    RAM: 32GB Gskill DDR4-4000mhz
    GPU: GTX1080TI (Nvidia founders version)
    PSU: EVGA Supernova 1000Watt G3
    HDD: 1TB 960 PRO and one 1TB 850 PRO
    CONTROLLER: Lamptron CW611 from last build (having issues with the aquacomputer AQ6LT i got originally for this build)
    FANS: 6 x Darkside GT2150 (radiators), 3 x Corsair ML120 White LED (for chasis/motherboard cooling), 2 x Inwin Polaris RGB (rgb purpose)

COOLING SYSTEM:
    PUMP: Aquacomputer D5 PWM with Heatkiller 150Tube Pump/Reservoir Combo
    RADIATORS: 1 x Hardwarelabs GTX360
    1 x Hardwarelabs GTR360
    GPU: Heatkiller Waterblock
    CPU: EKWB Rampage X299 Monoblock (prefered Bitspower one but EKWB is only one on market at the moment)
    Fittings and Tubing: Bitspower 12mm hardline fittings and petg tubing
    Cables: Various Darkside Cables and Cablemods Sleeved Cables (24pin, dual 8 pin and GPU 8+6pin)

I will include pictures when i put in the second drain port this weekend (the parts are coming in).

Update: This is my first hardtube build. So I took safer route of just using adapter fittings instead of using heatgun to bend the tubing. I don't have an work area in the house that I can use without damaging the house flooring. I once dropped the original founders edition gpu heatsink and they sure heavily dent the flooring.

Also, I will swap back to Heatkiller IV Pro CPU Block (from last build) once heatkiller comes out with its vrm block for the Apex. I started off with swiftech/xspc/frozenq stuff then moved to ekwb/alphacool and now to heatkiller/aquacomputer/hardwarelabs stuff. It will probably be few months though knowing how long heatkiller takes to release stuff. I love the look of its threadripper block and eagerly following its new radiator in development.

That being the top of line of stuff is really expensive (duty hurts). I've done budget builds with my friends and i tell them to just use barrows/bylinski stuff as long as you can get it from aliexpress/taobao as they can label it as gifts under 100cad to get around duty. I've looked at those sites and they got deals as long as you can wait the long shipping time or have address in China(including Hong Kong) to ship to.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by section31; 11-02-2017, 06:10 AM.

Welcome to the forums and good luck with your project. Looks like you have a great rig here.
    Sponsors: Thermaltake, TTesports, Apacer

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009118150299

https://twitter.com/EZgunna82

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYK...nTKQoIX-sPI1UA

http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/

http://community.thermaltake.com//

Comment

Some super sweet hardware going into this one.
      Bring on the modding pic's
      Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
      OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
      Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

You have to be a trekker eh?

get on with this build then. not much time remains
        HAF932 Mods
        C70 Mods

Comment

UpdateClick image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0169.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	146.6 KB
ID:	78715Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0171.jpg
Size:	146.5 KB
ID:	78716Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0172.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	166.2 KB
ID:	78717Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0173.jpg
Size:	111.0 KB
ID:	78718Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0174.jpg
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	78719

Added the second mini valve and redid the tubing and cabling a bit. Also added some uv purple dye but its not coming out right.
          Last edited by section31; 11-05-2017, 06:18 AM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0178[1].jpg
Size:	125.8 KB
ID:	78721

I am glad I didn't use the swiftech heirloom cpu block for my build (given to my friend). Originally was going to use it till the whole x299 VRM fiasco. The thing looks incredibly nice but the metallic reflection is horrible for the eyes (literally reflects light)
            Attached Files

Comment

Update: I am hoping to add some of the newly announced LianLi Bora 120 RGB fans to the system (will replace the inwin polaris and possibly the white led ML120). Been waiting for rgb fans that are dual bearing/magnetic and can do 2000rpm. Depends on availability.

Comment

Working...
              X