Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axiom

Hi,

Axiom will be a sequel to the last year project. I want a simple and compact design. I might add more detail to the interior, but i'll keep the exterior sober.

Hardware:

I7-4790K
    Asus Maximus VI impact
    Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
    Asus ROG Matrix GTX-980ti Platinum
    850 EVO 500gb SSD
    WD RED 1tb HDD
    EVGA 750G2 PSU

Fractal Design ARC Mini R2
    Asus ROG front panel

EKWB 360mm x 60mm rad
    EK-XTOP Revo D5
    Bitspower CPU monoblock
    Bykski GPU block

a few extras

I know i only have week to make the whole project, but that's the way i am.

Today, I have pre built the computer to see if everything fit properly
    Here are pictures of the components

Comment

The case will give more ajustment and space to fit all the component. There is 2 ssd tray on the back of the motherboard panel so i won't need to make those. Ido not have any picture of the fully assemble case so internet gave me this picture:

Comment

I did two bracket out of a lipton soup box to hold the front panel in place.
        Ialso had to drill the standard 120mm fan hole on the top of the case to fit the rad, but it actualy fit really well.

Comment

Great start. Hope you got that log sign-up in on time. I wish you the best of luck

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.PipeBomb View Post
            Great start. Hope you got that log sign-up in on time. I wish you the best of luck
            thank you ! I did sign-up after the on time, i just didnt do alot of work. I got the case used, and checked if i could fit the 360mm in it, and left it there for a month or so.

Comment

I love the Fractal Design cases, but I've never worked with a mini. Good job fitting the rad, and with the Lipton soup box

Comment

Glad to see you on the scoreboard, there's a lot of work left to do. You can do this!

Comment

Originally posted by Grinder View Post
                  I love the Fractal Design cases, but I've never worked with a mini. Good job fitting the rad, and with the Lipton soup box
                  thank you ! I use to be a big fan of Antec, but i think that my next big case could be another Fractal Design.

Comment

Originally posted by Seboo View Post
                    Glad to see you on the scoreboard, there's a lot of work left to do. You can do this!
                    Thanks !

As of work to do, tonight, i did my basic plan for the parts i need do make this week. whit a little bit of imagination, you can see what i'm aiming at !

Comment

Giddy Up
                      Looks great so far!
                      Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
                      OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
                      Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Originally posted by Hooded View Post
                        Giddy Up
                        Looks great so far!
                        Thanks !

As for tonight, from the cardboard cut out, i've made a few cad file that i will make later. Here is one of the new parts !

Comment

Saw your build from last year before entering! Great to see you back for round 2! Mod on! Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Francois View Post

Thanks !

As for tonight, from the cardboard cut out, i've made a few cad file that i will make later. Here is one of the new parts !

Must have run out of Liptop soup Looking forward to the results!

Comment

I had to make choices. furtunately, it was easy ! But unfortunatly, photobocket do not wrk properly tonight. I hope it will work fine for the last pictures, because i really prefer tohave full size picture on the forum.

Comment

Working...
                              X